Thai Visa Classifieds - Have They Gone Forever?

Generalchaos

What on earth has happened to the Classifieds section? I know the site has been getting a revamp but come on! The classified section has been down for over two weeks now. Are they going to be back up and running or has this section been disbanded? I have never seen such a poor transition on a website as this, there is no messages (They stopped a week ago) now you just get a "Page unavailable message" like a timeout. Very shoddy! I wouldn't care but on the right hand side of my browser when logged on to Thai Visa right under the heading advertising tickets for Jimmy Carr is a Thai Visa banner saying "Advertise with us! #1 Advertising Site In Thailand" Pray tell.......how?

Edited by Generalchaos

I imagine that TV has lost most future customers for Paid Ads. after this debacle! I for one would never take out a paid ad. with them. The ads have been down well over a week now, and even with a full refund it would still be very bad practice the way they did this.

The updated site was looking good initially, however it seems like it has been updated supporting only Internet Explorer! None of the "Quote" buttons seem to work in Edge! Did no one tell them that I.E is no longer a supported browser?

Edited by Generalchaos

For some days i been trying to get into the classifieds/links without success. Tried both Edge and IE.

So can someone from Thai Visa Forum tell us what is the problem....as the above posts suggest it is not only me affected.

Thank u.

Edited by homeseeker

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if we are allowed to but since we are being ignored why not post the best alternatives or pm for at least one i can give you, pm me with your best alternative classifieds for pattaya area.  We can try to post them here but not sure how that will fly.  I think it is safe the say the classifieds have either changed or not worked for about two months. since mid to late july 2016.

Edited by peeba7

google:

Tapatalk is an application to allow access to Internet forums on mobile devices, developed by Tapatalk, Inc. Tapatalk is primarily designed to provide improved forum access for mobile platforms over access provided by the forum software itself.

...any update?

Classifieds has been down for more than a month and it would be nice to get some regular updates of perhaps when it'll be back on line or if it's never coming back. 

Is anyone really working on it?

As one person suggested, leave the old version up and running until the new version is finished and verified then switch over. duhhhhhhh, that's what web designers do for website updates.

On 9/26/2016 at 11:52 AM, Tech Doctor said:

Classifieds is being tested at the moment. I will request an updated ETA.

We are also writing our own mobile app version so that we have more control over what we support.

TD

have you got an updated ETA? it is now 8 days since you said you were going to request one! Believe it or not quite a lot of TV users look at the classifieds regularly and not having them is a pain!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't belive how this new website transition got so wrong. It take so much for earning a good bunch of loyal users but not so much to loose them.

ADMINISTRATORS SHOULD LISTEN TO OUR VOICE....! WE ARE ASKING FOR THE CLASSIFIED SECTION BACK ONLINE....! NO MATTER HOW BROKEN WAS THE OLD ONE...AT LEAST WE COULD USE IT.....AND...AS SOMEONE ELSE POINTED RIGHTLY IN THIS POST, YOU SHOULD REPLACE AN IMPORTANT SECTION OF THE WEBSITE  ONCE THE NEW SECTION IS READY.

DOCTORS REPLACE AN IMPORTANT ORGAN ON A HUMAN BODY "ONCE THEY GOT" THE REPLACEMENT ON HAND. IMMAGINE AN HEART TRANSPLANT OPERATION IN WHICH THE SURGEON PLACES THE PATIENT ON AN INDUCED COMA WHILE WAITING FOR THE NEW ORGAN TO BE DONATED.

While the above example might be a bit "extreme", I wanted to point out how important for us as your loyal users is, (perhaps was because some of are looking for alternatives), the classified section of your web site.

Come on.....show us you can do better, we have trusted all along..!

What is it with web owners here testing sites live!!!

Typical for Thailand, don't spend money and expect people to just absorb it and come back like idiots, that doesn't happen in the real world.

Just in case TV actually gives a sh1t, here's how it's done in the real world, copy your site, or a percentage of it to a development server, make changes, test and debug, when it works, transfer the changes to the live site.
Total down time would be an hour in the middle of the night and practically no one down time.
We used to use the classifieds and paid ads, that will never happen again.

You shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you...

• 3 weeks later...