Thai kid comes home from school covered in blood after teacher attack - what would you do?

webfact

10 hours ago, Kabula said:

Photograph the injuries.

Take the child to the hospital for a medical exam and ask that a Detective be present.

Secure DNA evidence and measure all wounds.

If a weapon was used, secure it and dust for prints and secure any DNA evidence.

Do a scene inspection and taken photographs and if appropriate dust for fingerprints.

Obtain written statements from all witnesses confirming the facts including the teacher.

If the teacher beat the child, file a Police Report and demand he be arrested and charged.

If  appropriate, retain a seasoned,  competent, licensed, attorney that was politically connected, specializing in criminal law. File civil and criminal charges naming all responsible parties.

I would have the child change schools or go where he/she could be home schooled.

If the teacher admitted that he beat the child I would attempt to have his license terminated.

I would secure a restraining order and tell the teacher if he struck my child again his life as he knew it would change dramatically.

Think you watch too much stupid American police investigation TV shows. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sandy Freckle said:

Absolute BS...., that is not "covered in blood" !

No blood at all was there? all in everyone's imagination. 

So guess it's ok by you to assault a child,  do you do it often making sure there is little blood to show for you fun

Knowing what belligerent disobedient Thai children can be , he likely provoked the teacher and got what he deserved .

Thai parents don't discipline their children and teach them good manners , or to obey teachers requests or orders . 

I do have a lot of respect for teachers, and  maybe the boy

possibly deserved to get a slap, but I do not see why the teacher did not

apologize to the parents right away. I did see a few teachers who feel that

they have to have total respect from the students, and when they do not get

it they get pretty angry real quick. 

Geezer

I went to one of the so called top schools in my country which had institutional bullying as it's culture. In my second year it just stopped. No doubt some influential person/s put pressure on it to do so.

I'd suggest the child's parents try to form a pressure group of parents to ensure the teacher retires NOW.

1 hour ago, Toscano said:

Knowing what belligerent disobedient Thai children can be , he likely provoked the teacher and got what he deserved .

Thai parents don't discipline their children and teach them good manners , or to obey teachers requests or orders . 

most of what you say is true for sure, seems thais either dont discipline kids or are completely the other way round and give them hell. i know my wife is very laxed and will only discipline the kids if they embarrass  her in some way, and then they have hell to play. teachers  are what they are here. But my childrens teacher has been informed that if she has a problem  then i am to be informed when i pick them up,and not to be struck for any reason ---never had a problem  thankfully. 

5 minutes ago, romeijoe said:

most of what you say is true for sure, seems thais either dont discipline kids or are completely the other way round and give them hell. i know my wife is very laxed and will only discipline the kids if they embarrass  her in some way, and then they have hell to play. teachers  are what they are here. But my childrens teacher has been informed that if she has a problem  then i am to be informed when i pick them up,and not to be struck for any reason ---never had a problem  thankfully.

I know from personal experience that some Thais NEVER discipline their children. One of my largest disputes with my wife re her nephew that inflicts himself on us every weekend and behaves badly.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I know from personal experience that some Thais NEVER discipline their children. One of my largest disputes with my wife re her nephew that inflicts himself on us every weekend and behaves badly.

yes i think many of us suffer that problem, i did for quite a while  till i got sick off it and stopped people with no manners coming to my house.ie goint to my fridge and drinkin what you like without the slitest hit of a thanks, usind the bike not replacind any fuel at any time , boy the list goes on -- but then of course that action causes its own set of problems, seems no matter how bad the families actions they will be forgiven by some thais.Its a delicate balance for a farang and family here yes! 

Press ahead with assault charges and prepare yourself for all kinds of mindless conduct and lies and anything said to avoid responsibility while the whole affair can be turned around on you...so be carful.

Meantime, imagine that teacher getting "mugged" and hospitalized

Cheers

21 hours ago, dotpoom said:

No excuse for the teacher's behaviour....but it looks to me like the boy may have been dabbing his finger on the cut a few times and then dabbing it over his shirt to make it all look worse than it actually is.

Or wiping the blood from his face on to his shirt.Kids don't have an evil mind like you.

3 hours ago, Toscano said:

It's the 21st century,not the 18 hundreds,try to keep up.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have exactly the same problem.Taking his phone off him has worked wonders.When i was a kid it was no tv for a week.Violence is never the answer.Just shows lack of will power and intelligence.

My wife and I experienced a very similar thing with our Daughter a couple of years ago.

My solution was to threaten the School with a lawyer and Courts if the teacher was not removed from contact with the child.

It worked a treat - anything to save face

6 hours ago, Toscano said:

Violence is not discipline.

It's assault. 

I started life on the East Coast of the USA, in a rough old ex-coal mining town in Pennsylvania, largely Eastern European immigrants.   It was natural and normal to get a thrashing when you screwed up.  Kids were seen and not heard.  Manners were taught, adults always addressed by title first and school teachers were gods with the authority to beat your ass if you got out of line.  Then they would call your parents and tell them all about it, and you dreaded the bus ride home that day cause there was a very good chance you would get round 2 when you got there.

I got nailed.  Mrs. Wadas, 2nd grade, very serious Babushka type.  It was like the Marines.  When that bell rang, you better be sat at your desk, back straight, hands on the desk, ready to receive instruction.   She wasn't on time one morning, we were all sat there, sitting at attention, quiet as mice..... but we started to whisper to each other, where was she?  Somebody should stick there head out the door and see if she's coming.  I was the idiot who volunteered, stuck my head out and BAM, there she was, 1/2 up the hallway and she looked me dead in the eye, like a laser beam.  OH S**T!  Ran back, sat down, but I knew I had it coming.  She called me up, pulled out her famous wooden paddle and let me have it in the front of the class, talking with each stroke, "When I say (WHACK) sit at your desk (WHACK), that means you (WHACK) sit at (WHACK) your desk!  WHACK!  

That sucked.  Nobody EVER pulled a stunt like that again.

A teacher at my kids school whacked a couple of girls and against my wife's advice I let him know that my children are protected by me and if he stepped up to this plate i would pay him back before he got home that day....He did not take it as a joke and stays where he should as a little dog is prone to do when a real dog pees on his domain..My kids know to  let any  teacher call me before they start whacking.

14 minutes ago, thairay said:

A teacher at my kids school whacked a couple of girls and against my wife's advice I let him know that my children are protected by me and if he stepped up to this plate i would pay him back before he got home that day....He did not take it as a joke and stays where he should as a little dog is prone to do when a real dog pees on his domain..My kids know to  let any  teacher call me before they start whacking.

OK if you say so

Thai's will nearly always not sue or at best sue the teacher. I asked my lawyer why not sue the school, clearly more money and more long term effect and he simply said that it is quite possible to sue the school. So why don't Thai's do it? This is what he answered

School is unthinkable, it's an institution built on respect, Thai tradition does not support suing the school for what is the responsibility of the teacher either

I can't wait for the first one to actually sue the school

First of all, is the kid someone the parents can trust? Is he prone to exaggeration and lies? Did he get in a fight, and has it in for the math teacher? If that is the case, he should be immediately expelled permanently from the school, though I doubt that is allowed, with these extremely coddled kids. If not, something should be done. Best to just find the teacher, and give him a bit of his own medicine. A little discipline never hurt a good kid. But, the blood appears to be excessive. 

As a parent I know how highly charged issues like this can be but why does the question   "  what would you do   ?  "   have to involved flights of fantasy about what would be inflicted on the teacher or the person involved    ?

Do those who get carried away really believe as a foreigner they would get away with it and I'm sure the momentary pleasure of getting stuck into the teacher would fade when behind bars and knowing deportation is the likely next step,   of course as an alternative it would cost both arms and legs to make it all go away.

Of course most of us react with quick comments re what we would do - when in reality we probably would go full monty based on what the repercussions might be; however a direct implied threat would probably work wonders ::  like good morning teacher, believe you beat my kid yesterday for no good reason, well I don't approve and would suggest that you watch your back very carefully as one morning / evening when least expecting it I will be there to sort out your problem -- leave it at that and walk away.

15 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Proof of these accusations please

accusations????

deepinthailand joined the 11 June,  645 post in 10 weeks, that make 64 posts per week or more than post 9 posts per day...

In the last 10 weeks we got several case of murder/orgy involving teachers... you should have known better.

29 minutes ago, Bender said:

accusations????

deepinthailand joined the 11 June,  645 post in 10 weeks, that make 64 posts per week or more than post 9 posts per day...

In the last 10 weeks we got several case of murder/orgy involving teachers... you should have known better.

As you seem to be a stalker then you should be able to give a link to the so called teacher orgies you first mentioned nothing to do with murder you said teachers having orgies with students if memory serves.

Edited by Deepinthailand

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

As you seem to be a stoker then you should be able to give a link to the so called teacher orgies you first mentioned nothing to do with murder you said teachers having orgies with students if memory serves.

you pervert ....:cheesy:

ps: i will not waste my time for you.

Edited by Bender