Dutch National Falls From KTK Hotel, Central Pattaya

snoop1130

Dutch National Falls From KTK Hotel, Central Pattaya

Dutch-National-Falls-From-KTK-Hotel-3.jpg

At 1oam, on the morning of August 29, Pattaya police and Sawang Boriboon medics were called to the KTK Hotel on Soi 12, Pattaya Klang, after reports that a Dutchman had fallen from a 4th floor balcony.

At the scene thirty-six-year old Dirk Hasenoot was being treated for head and shoulder wounds before being rushed to Pattaya Bangkok Hospital for further treatment.

Full Story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/230954/dutch-national-falls-ktk-hotel-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-08-29

The full story says the dutchman is "unable to make a statement" at the moment.

Lets just hope the power on his life support doesn't trip out anytime soon as i am sure many would be hugely interested to know what the circumstances of his flying lesson were

Falls four stories and has head injuries...yet no c-spine stabilization?

Those Dutch are built tough.

Hope he has full mobility when he recovers.

BTW, he is a big lad...looks like it would take about 4 strong Thai to toss him over a balcony.

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

No visible compound fractures, no blood on the floor. 

Fell four stories onto a hard tile over concrete deck.

What are the Dutch made out of?

Kryptonite?

It's the clogs........

Just now, ChrisY1 said:

It's the clogs........

Well then I know what I am buying all my family members this Christmas. 

Seriously, I can't believe we are not atleast seeing some visible fractures. 

I got lightheaded a couple days ago and fell onto the tile and I was already standing on the ground.

If anyone is not already aware of this...that tile flooring is hard as a rock. My shoulder is still bruised. 

I don't want to appear as an "Anorak" on the subject ...but strangely over the last 11 years I have noticed that the human body is stronger than you might think.

Falls / Jumps from lower than the  4th floor  can result in injuries, mostly crippling or fairly serious but not death unless the head makes violent contact with a hard surface. An outstretched arm/shoulder joint can cushion the head

Falling or jumping from 5th and 6th floors (dependends on the height of the rooms) and above normally results in death.

Bouncing off awnings even made of currugated tin can reduce the extent of injuries as well....

9 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

I don't want to appear as an "Anorak" on the subject ...but strangely over the last 11 years I have noticed that the human body is stronger than you might think.

Falls / Jumps from lower than the  4th floor  can result in injuries, mostly crippling or fairly serious but not death unless the head makes violent contact with a hard surface. An outstretched arm/shoulder joint can cushion the head

Falling or jumping from 5th and 6th floors (dependends on the height of the rooms) and above normally results in death.

Bouncing off awnings even made of currugated tin can reduce the extent of injuries as well....

The greater majority of ambulance calls would probably disagree with your findings. 

This guy is about 1 in 100.

Death can occur in falls from only 2 meters. 

But you are right about awnings. I looked at the photos and I don't see any damage to the awning in the background that would suggest he bounced their first and there are not any broken parts laying on the deck around him to suggest he landed on anything on the way down but maybe a wider field of view would show something still attached to the wall.

Agreed about the 2 mtrs... But I am just gong on news items I have seen over the years here In good old did he jump was he pushed Pattaya...cries for help jumps done off flyovers, low floors in shop houses....mostly buckled but not dead.

After discharge from hospital, Locals end up selling Lottery tickets , Ex pats have a harder time of it....I think ?

13 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

No visible compound fractures, no blood on the floor. 

Fell four stories onto a hard tile over concrete deck.

What are the Dutch made out of?

Kryptonite?

If you may believe the tourist leaflets we are made of Gouda cheese (the real thing), tulip bulbs, wooden shoes and we all live in windmills.

Hope he will live and recuperate fully.

14 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

BTW, he is a big lad...looks like it would take about 4 strong Thai to toss him over a balcony.

The Dutch are among the tallest people in the world.

51 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Does this mean that it was only a 3-storey fall for him ?

Not for that reason but if you rethink it:

"fourth floor" usually means 3 levels above ground.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

If you may believe the tourist leaflets we are made of Gouda cheese (the real thing), tulip bulbs, wooden shoes and we all live in windmills.

Hope he will live and recuperate fully.

and famous for putting your fingers into dykes......

On 29/08/2016 at 2:11 PM, ClutchClark said:

Or one angry Ladyboy. :coffee1:

On 30-8-2016 at 5:26 AM, Dustdevil said:

The Dutch are among the tallest people in the world.

Correction:

The Dutch men are officially the tallest people in the word with an average length of 182.5 cm.

Lots of chease and milk  intake seem to be key. Nothing to be proud of, though, and lots of disadvantages. My own 195 cm. length  makes most things in life - airplane seats, cars, chairs etc - feel too small.

I think he was just lucky to not land on his head like the poor Kiwi the other day off Kao san Rd.