Omani Robbed by Two Ladyboys in Pattaya

webfact

Omani Robbed by Two Ladyboys

Report by Pattaya One Reporters

om.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 9.30pm Pattaya Police received a report that an Omani tourist had been robbed by two ladyboys.

The incident occurred close to the Baywalk Residence Beach Road in South Pattaya.

Mr Mohammed Uncinity, a forty-five-year-old Oman national, was there waiting with a friend to make a police report.

He said that they were strolling along the beach, in front of Royal Garden Plaza, when they were approached by two ladyboys who began touching and harassing them.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/231155/omani-robbed-by-two-ladyboys/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-01

Interesting he was only carrying foreign currency which could not be used anywhere and not Thai baht. 

What is the whole thing about ladyboys? Why are there so many? Is it seen as a career move? Are they just male hustlers who found that boobs increases business?

I don't understsnd this place at all and I am so glad to be flying home tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, Scotwight said:

How difficult would it be to have a few pairs of cops walking a beat.  This is not som tom science now is it.  A 12 year old Burmese kid could figure it out.  

Unfortunately without a cash incentive as in another topic just come about they only appear when harangued into having to be seen as doing something

Problem is that whenever any problems such as this occur, whether it is ladyboys, motorbike gangs tearing off gold etc, when caught they receive little more than a slap on the wrist. A minimum 5 year jail term might see these scum change their ways. There is no incentive to stop their criminal ways. Even the hookers that patrol Beach Road all day and night, when rounded up once in a Blue moon, get fined 100bt, and are quickly back on their way to their stomping grounds.. Make it 1,000bt 1st offence and double up for every time they are caught thereafter.

Only when the government wake up to the inadequate punishment available, and make significant increases, will things change.

No ThB on them, and at that time of night!

The fellas had an unrealised advantage

- they could have promised them the World - as much Oil as they could Drink, or

- they could have donned their wives' burkkahs and made like those 'men in black' as per Walking St.

The katoeys wouldn't have seen them coming, down on a dark end of the beach...

4 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

So basically these fellas, who were out past their bedtime, got pickpocketed of around 200 bucks...I wonder how many times this happened around the world yesterday without it making the papers :P

Great it has made the papers, shows how unusual this is in in Pattaya,   haha,     Just a pity the photo was not of the 2 ladyboys that committed the robbery,    in sunnys and dust masks, so you can recognize who they are !!!  

5 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

So basically these fellas, who were out past their bedtime, got pickpocketed of around 200 bucks...I wonder how many times this happened around the world yesterday without it making the papers :P

To the best of my knowledge Pattaya One is a local newspaper reporting on the good & the bad in & around Pattaya . You will find that local papers around the world also repot the good & the bad. As for LB pickpockets on beach road this is a common problem and can be a dangerous situation for tourists. As for the fellas being out past there bedtime, I am not sure what you mean by that. The LB pickpockets are like a bacteria  that's giving the place a bad name.

^^^ Newspapers are a business, not a charity, and crime stories sell -- evidenced by the number of hits they get on sites like the Bangkok .... not to mention the response on TV. So prepare for more doom and gloom, folks, for news people have families to feed. Me, I'm going to quietly sit in the background and meditate to Kumbaya.

40 minutes ago, Monkeyrobot said:

To the best of my knowledge Pattaya One is a local newspaper reporting on the good & the bad in & around Pattaya . You will find that local papers around the world also repot the good & the bad. As for LB pickpockets on beach road this is a common problem and can be a dangerous situation for tourists. As for the fellas being out past there bedtime, I am not sure what you mean by that. The LB pickpockets are like a bacteria  that's giving the place a bad name.

So you're arguing local papers report on every pickpocket and purse-snatch...ok but I beg to differ. As to Pattaya's "bad name," the ten-thousand ladygirl sex-workers have more to do with it than a few ladyboy petty criminals.

7 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Interesting he was only carrying foreign currency which could not be used anywhere and not Thai baht. 

What is the whole thing about ladyboys? Why are there so many? Is it seen as a career move? Are they just male hustlers who found that boobs increases business?

I don't understsnd this place at all and I am so glad to be flying home tomorrow.

Why so many Lady boys, it is better than manual labor and pays better, what you think ??

10 minutes ago, gchurch259 said:

Why so many Lady boys, it is better than manual labor and pays better, what you think ??

I was wondering if it wasn't financial more than some gender identity thing. 

With this whole movement getting started in the US I wonder if we are going to start seeing so many ladyboys like they have in Thailand.

I am glad I am old because this is a very different world today. When I walk along a beach I expect to see fisherman....not  this.

Edited by ClutchClark

The dogs on the streets know this has been happening for a very long time . 

Most sensible people would know where there Is sex workers and bars etc there is also opportunists and skullduggery is almost expected . If u can stand the heat......

Pattaya is what it is , do your homework before jumping in blind .