You have 3 days left to live in Thailand...What would you do?

JJGreen

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, DipStick said:

You obviously are rather green as are your likers, when you book into a hotel they take two swipes of your credit card  (one to cover the cost of the room during your stay ) and the second as a deposit on whatever you spend on such things as you suggest. In general it takes two days after you check out to get the deposit paid back into your CC account.

youare obviously not that experienced.

I don't use a credit card. I have never had problems at good hotels,they usually take your passport for your stay, it all depends on how you present yourself,anyway i wasn't being serious as this topic isn't meant to be.

12 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I don't use a credit card. I have never had problems at good hotels,they usually take your passport for your stay, it all depends on how you present yourself,anyway i wasn't being serious as this topic isn't meant to be.

I also was to get in cheek, however, are you saying that the "good hotels" relieve you of your passport whilst staying with them?

15 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

ive never heard of any hotel taking your passport.

1 minute ago, DipStick said:

I also was to get in cheek, however, are you saying that the "good hotels" relieve you of your passport whilst staying with them?

If you don't pay up front and don't have a credit card you can use your Passport as security but does depend on how you present yourself, i am arrogant by nature and have an aristocratic demeanour.

Never had a hotel "take" or with-hold my passport, ever. Take a copy ,sure, and never had any hotel take or charge anything to my card until checking out.

Experiences vary, I suppose it depends on that Hotel and what its been subjected too in the past that lead them to make that a requirement.

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

If you don't pay up front and don't have a credit card you can use your Passport as security but does depend on how you present yourself, i am arrogant by nature and have an aristocratic demeanour.

I shouldn't imagine the bar is set very high in Surin

I'm sorry, but u all have a different take on the topic that "You have 3 days to live in Thailand"...because it was "in Thailand,"  I was sure it meant "before leaving Thailand"...not 3 days to die!!!...am I right or wrong???

3 days to die and u are living in Thailand