Disposal of the beach road rats in pattaya

kend1958

I read the pattaya news on a regular basis,

And I am happy that the officials finally recognise the vermin problem that exists on the beach in pattaya, 

But what about the other rats that exist on the beach in pattaya what are they going to do about ??

1 the bag snatchers

2 the necklace thieves

3 the pickpockets

And the many other species of vermin, that only come out at night, are they preparing cages for them too, I hope so, because like it or not, pattaya is dying fast,, because of the constant robbing and rip off  merchants that have plagued pattaya in recent years, many tourists do not want to visit pattaya now, prepare pattaya, because you are dying for sure, I remember when you were a very small town, and you were Clean!  Now the authorities , and you're greed has started to choke you and take you're life away from you, once the python starts to squeeze it never let's go , 

It's a shame my friend, I talk to many people in the past who say ( ogh I have just come back from thailand ) I say ogh good I get excited to talk to them, I ask where did you go ( mmm pattaya they say ) I think ogh my God you have not seen the thailand I have seen, what a place !! It used to be a lovely town, and let us not pretend here, we all go for the same thing, but none of us go to be robbed, assaulted or hassled, like pattaya is today 

29 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

Gossh and I first thought you're on about some foreign quality tourists.......

Yes I can understand you might think, I talk about the quality tourist, and I agree with you, but let us not forget , we all need protecting, and respected, we must respect the Thai,  because without the tourist, they would not be in pattaya too, 

8 minutes ago, kend1958 said:

Yes I can understand you might think, I talk about the quality tourist, and I agree with you, but let us not forget , we all need protecting, and respected, we must respect the Thai,  because without the tourist, they would not be in pattaya too, 

8 minutes ago, kend1958 said:

Without us, Pattaya and all the other places wouldn't have nice roads, condos, houses, cars, almost everybody a new motorbike, even little kids who don't get their feet on the street.

I wish I'd have only 1 % of the cash all TVF members have spent in their time being here and I'd be the happiest member. Thailand would be similar to Burma and people would still ride to Bangkok on elephants.

All the people who get killed, the balcony falls, the suicides where people hang themselves after a bullet has stooped their heart from beating. are covered up that foreigners continue coming to Thailand.

Honestly speaking, after living here for 15 years, I wouldn't let a female be outside after 8 pm. It's actually funny to read about quality tourists after you've spent all your life savings, built three houses, bought ten cars, a fleet of motorbikes and hospital bills that didn't even exist.

Please google farang death Thailand and you might understand how important it is to change stories that this place stays as a paradise. But it has rapidly changed into a money ruled and corrupt country that nothing is impossible here.

9 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Without us, Pattaya and all the other places wouldn't have nice roads, condos, houses, cars, almost everybody a new motorbike, even little kids who don't get their feet on the street.

I wish I'd have only 1 % of the cash all TVF members have spent in their time being here and I'd be the happiest member. Thailand would be similar to Burma and people would still ride to Bangkok on elephants.

All the people who get killed, the balcony falls, the suicides where people hang themselves after a bullet has stooped their heart from beating. are covered up that foreigners continue coming to Thailand.

Honestly speaking, after living here for 15 years, I wouldn't let a female be outside after 8 pm. It's actually funny to read about quality tourists after you've spent all your life savings, built three houses, bought ten cars, a fleet of motorbikes and hospital bills that didn't even exist.

Please google farang death Thailand and you might understand how important it is to change stories that this place stays as a paradise. But it has rapidly changed into a money ruled and corrupt country that nothing is impossible here.

And where is your factual data to support that statement? That's right, you don't have any because it is not true. The same crap spouted by foreigners who overestimate their worth to the Thai economy - it keeps getting repeated and it is still not true.

3 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

And where is your factual data to support that statement? That's right, you don't have any because it is not true. The same crap spouted by foreigners who overestimate their worth to the Thai economy - it keeps getting repeated and it is still not true.

Where's your data that he's wrong?

11 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Complete rubbish, the usual delusions of farang grandeur.

ID: 1  

I read the pattaya news on a regular basis,

And I am happy that the officials finally recognise the vermin problem that exists on the beach in pattaya, 

But what about the other rats that exist on the beach in pattaya what are they going to do about those rats ??

1 the bag snatchers

2 the necklace thieves

3 the pickpockets

And the many other species of vermin, that only come out at night, are they preparing cages for them too, I hope so, because like it or not, pattaya is dying fast,, because of the constant robbing and rip off  merchants that have plagued pattaya in recent years, many tourists do not want to visit pattaya now, prepare pattaya, because you are dying for sure, I remember when you were a very small town, and you were Clean!  Now the authorities , and you're greed has started to choke you and take you're life away from you, once the python starts to squeeze it never let's go

Such problems have existed forever along with the whinging about them and the dire predictions of doom to rain down on the wicked, stupid, inferior Thais. That'll show 'em.

Yet Pattaya has just continued to grow and remains overall a great place to visit and live. Tourism's doing fine. Cambodia's got another decade to even be competitive.

Just gonna have to suck it up, pal.

From 1997 hear Lawrence Neal offering the same rant; everybody's gon' go to the paradise of Cambodia, of course..

There are two types of articles appearing in the Pattaya Mail with regularity: those where business and political leaders decry the decline in tourism and propose ways to improve the situation; and a steadily increasing number of reports of tourists being insulted, assaulted, drugged, robbed and extorted. All the good intentions and empty proposals by community leaders are not going to change the behavior of the people at street level, and it is they who are driving away the life blood of the city.

. . . It doesn’t matter if the streets are cleared of garbage, no one is going to walk down them if doing so leaves them open to being insulted and assaulted. Having a beach promenade doesn’t matter if strolling along it means taking the risk of being knocked down and robbed. No one is going to participate in the vibrant night-life if there is a good chance that they will wake up three days later in the hospital with all their possessions gone, or in some cases, not wake up at all. No one is going to seek an exotic experience if it means they might be set up by girls with both a legal age and under age ID, and then extorted for immense sums by the police.

Pattaya is being inundated with rude obnoxious thugs who do not care about the city or its visitors. They do not listen to the community leaders, and the police do not have the budget or manpower to control them. They are driving away the tourists and the income and jobs that they bring. Inevitably, this rabble will win as they reduce everyone to their level of poverty.

Meanwhile, tourism to Cambodia is increasing by 50% every six months...

--Lawrence Neal, "Down On Pattaya, Pattaya Mail, Vol. V No.5, Friday 31 January 1997 - 6 February 1997

An objectionable Pattaya bashing troll post has been removed also the reply, please be advised further Pattaya Bashing posts will be removed and the poster will go on holiday as this is against forum rules.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Have visit Pattaya frequent for 20+ years and still enjoy it. You have thieves, pickpocketers all over the world. I travelled the world for a living and visited places like India and Brasil where I was scared to walk the streets even small places in east Afrika that are worse.

As a traveler/tourist you don't walk around night time visit bars with expensive chains or expensive bags. Keep your money in a safe place or 2 on your body and don't flash money around if u buy something. If u go to a bar u take enough to cover your bin and have an extra 1000 or 2 stacked away in case. I usually give the money we think we will spend to my partner and he pays and I have some extra incase. Regarding the real rats if they bother u please don't walk the streets in NY early morning, there you have them running u down. Here I hardly see rats.

Again with all the negativity and nastiness, people living here spend money - fact - people on holiday spend money - fact - people who don't want to be here - leave - people who want to stay - stay

If something upsets you in your life remove it or change it

If procedures upset you do them differently or go somewhere that has procedures which you accept to follow, it's really quite simple, isn't it???

its not that bad, I mean the mafia guys prance through occasionally and beat the shit out of random people, and some of the prostitutes will let lose on you if you get to close to "their" spot, and the ladyboy pickpocket gangs need avoiding, but apart from that it pretty safe 24 hours a day

Funny isn't it, only a few days ago on TV (I am too lazy to look it up) was an article saying how all the Bangkokians are flooding back to Pattaya.

Its a great place, its still booming, eat your miserable hearts out you Pattaya haters.

But getting rid of the beach road rats will be nice.

Hold on here! wait a mo, let me see now, you are sitting in Warrington and you are criticizing Pattaya?

Fish and chips Warrington, fat slags Warrington? sunny Warrington on the Mersey? that Warrington?

God I bet your having a great night life, nice beaches, sunshine, lots of entertainment, beautiful women standing around, music and dancing, fantastic sea food. Warrington. 5555555555555555.

Must go before I choke laughing.

Warrington!

Edited by MiKT

On 4 กันยายน 2559 at 9:38 PM, lostinisaan said:

Let's be clear, NO ONE is forced to build houses, buy cars etc etc. If they do so, it's they that were foolish, not Thailand that is wrong.

If people don't want to live cautiously, then they can't complain if it all goes wrong when they allow themselves to be conned and worse.

I feel safer anywhere in LOS than I do back home where very bad people are allowed to run rampant.

On 9/5/2016 at 10:03 AM, Michael8511 said:

Have visit Pattaya frequent for 20+ years and still enjoy it. You have thieves, pickpocketers all over the world. I travelled the world for a living and visited places like India and Brasil where I was scared to walk the streets even small places in east Afrika that are worse.

As a traveler/tourist you don't walk around night time visit bars with expensive chains or expensive bags. Keep your money in a safe place or 2 on your body and don't flash money around if u buy something. If u go to a bar u take enough to cover your bin and have an extra 1000 or 2 stacked away in case. I usually give the money we think we will spend to my partner and he pays and I have some extra incase. Regarding the real rats if they bother u please don't walk the streets in NY early morning, there you have them running u down. Here I hardly see rats.

Yes exactly.  I see guys flashing their jewelry or cash so stupid.  The bags put them across your head not just on your shoulder.  Anyone that gets ripped off here it is mostly their lack of common sense.