Nightclub in Khon Kaen raided, closed down

webfact

Nightclub in Khon Kaen raided, closed down

KHON KAEN, 5 September 2016 (NNT) - Officers have raided an entertainment venue in Phon district, Khon Kaen, and found that there were more than 100 underage club-goers on the premises. The place was later declared closed indefinitely. 

The joint forces officers, led by Col.Phithakphon Chusi, raided the nightclub on Sunday after receiving complaints that it stayed open until morning and a lot of its patrons were minors. There were more than 200 male and female clubbers in the venue when the officers arrived. Urine tests showed that nine of the clubbers had used drugs. 87 of them were younger than 20 years old and 37 others younger than 18. The youngest club-goer present was 13 years old. 

There were also four temporary bedroom-like rooms at the club. The officers detained its owner as well as all underage clubbers and referred them to investigators who will take legal action against them. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-05

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Piss testing minors for drugs, and Thailand has the audacity to claim that it is planning new approaches to drug use and addiction. I'm sorry but I can't see the correlation between helping people and criminalizing people by forcing them to take urine samples.

A total farce, again :facepalm:

1 minute ago, z42 said:

Piss testing minors for drugs, and Thailand has the audacity to claim that it is planning new approaches to drug use and addiction. I'm sorry but I can't see the correlation between helping people and criminalizing people by forcing them to take urine samples.

Easy there Tonto, they are only talking about decriminalizing certain drug usage and as far as I know, the current laws and methods of enforcement still apply.

25 minutes ago, z42 said:

you have to ID those who need help, chill they will do what they want anyway

30 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

There were also four temporary bedroom-like rooms at the club. The officers detained its owner as well as all underage clubbers and referred them to investigators who will take legal action against them. 

And the owners name is?

My assumption: The name will be withheld, as the owner paid already. His brother in law will reopen the bar under a different name shortly. Let me know, if I am wrong.

22 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

What is the thing about 18 or 20?

What is the legal age to drink in a bar in Thaialnd?

The Legal Age in Thailand is 21! 

Only Joking!

Here is how it works to the best of my knowledge. 

The Legal Drinking Age in Thailand used to be 18 years old, but about 8 years ago they changed this law and increased it to 20 years old. However they never changed the Legal Age in which one can work in a Bar or Go-Go Place at that time, so it remains at 18 years old. So in theory, you could meet a Bar Girl and being 20 years old or older you could order an alcoholic drink for yourself, but not for her.

So because you can work in a Bar at age 18, then I assume there is no law saying you can't go to the Bar either. You are just not allowed to drink alcohol when you do.  So I gather they single out this age group of 18 to 20, because this is the group who can legally go to the Bar but not legally drink their. Under 18 shouldn't be there at all, and 20 and over they can drink. 

2 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

And the owners name is?

That would not be released the world over until they were formally charged which the phrasing of the above infers they have not yet been.

2 hours ago, fxe1200 said:

My assumption: The name will be withheld, as the owner paid already. His brother in law will reopen the bar under a different name shortly. Let me know, if I am wrong.

... and hopefully will hand in the red envelop in time this time... to avoid further raids.

19 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

bringing happiness to the people 

You seem to have a problem with law and order being enforced - even when the offenders are  not elected. Would it be better if we went back to having the criminals run the country and the BIB concentrating on collecting bribes?

I really can't see the problem with shutting a club operating outside legal hours and admitting under-age patrons. Even if the patrons don't like it.

16 minutes ago, halloween said:

You seem to have a problem with law and order being enforced - even when the offenders are  not elected. Would it be better if we went back to having the criminals run the country and the BIB concentrating on collecting bribes?

I really can't see the problem with shutting a club operating outside legal hours and admitting under-age patrons. Even if the patrons don't like it.

you don't seem to have a problem that it's always in the North? you been to Pattaya lately?   has to shut it's bars at 12 like Chiang Mai and other Northern cities?  BKK too?  Phuket?  Samui?  no I didn't think so but you are so 'in love' with the military that you can't, or won't, see it

Edited by LannaGuy

4 hours ago, z42 said:

it is only for identification purposes.

1 minute ago, LannaGuy said:

you don't seem to have a problem that it's always in the North? you been to Pattaya lately?   has to shut it's bars at 12 like Chiang Mai and other Northern cities?  BKK too?  Phuket?  Samui?  no I didn't think so but you are so 'in love' with the military that you can't, or won't, see it

I am in Samui. Perhaps you should read the Samui forum and educate yourself about the enforcement activities around here. I can only suppose you ignore the club closures in BKK reported in general news because they don't fit your paranoia.

6 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Over 100 under aged  on licensed premises.

More than enough reason to close it down.

As the song says,,, "when wiill they ever learn"

some people take all the chances. a guest of 13 years at a night club is beyond logic.

4 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

And the owners name is?

Hand me the envelope please. 

3 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

The Legal Age in Thailand is 21! 

Only Joking!

Here is how it works to the best of my knowledge. 

The Legal Drinking Age in Thailand used to be 18 years old, but about 8 years ago they changed this law and increased it to 20 years old. However they never changed the Legal Age in which one can work in a Bar or Go-Go Place at that time, so it remains at 18 years old. So in theory, you could meet a Bar Girl and being 20 years old or older you could order an alcoholic drink for yourself, but not for her.

So because you can work in a Bar at age 18, then I assume there is no law saying you can't go to the Bar either. You are just not allowed to drink alcohol when you do.  So I gather they single out this age group of 18 to 20, because this is the group who can legally go to the Bar but not legally drink their. Under 18 shouldn't be there at all, and 20 and over they can drink. 

So an 18 year old BG can have sex with hundreds of guys for money but can not drink.  I would think she would need a stiff drink after taking all those "stiff ones."

2 minutes ago, joeyg said:

So an 18 year old BG can have sex with hundreds of guys for money but can not drink.  I would think she would need a stiff drink after taking all those "stiff ones."

Where in the law does it say that a 18 year old can have sex for money?

27 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Not so very different to the USA, where you can be old enough to join the military and kill, but not buy a beer until you are 21.

1 hour ago, mcfish said:

Seems some posters will only be happy if Thailand winds the clock back 50 years when it didnt matter if clubs had a licenece, drugs were dealt openly and you could by a 14 year old girl right on the premises..:bah:

The thought of sex with a 14 year old is disgusting.  It's illegal unless you are a devote muslim.