Hey, German, leave our dogs alone! Pattaya police nab man for attacking soi dogs

webfact

11 hours ago, Mangkorndang said:

Perhaps the German gentleman has had similar experiences to me with "soi dogs" in Thailand.  I walk or bicycle ride most days in Chiang Mai.  In the last ten years I have had to receive medical attention on three times for dog bites.   Hardly a day goes by when I am not confronted or actually attacked.  I now carry a stout black taped pick handle to drive them off.

My fury is not at the dogs.  I am in fact dog lover.  I am annoyed with the people who own these animals and fail to care and train them properly.... or worse have abandoned them in the streets.

My particular angst is towards Thai people often the dogs owners who think it is funny and actually laugh when I am rushed or attacked.  There is nothing amusing.

I have previously urged on this forum and elsewhere for a comprehensive local or government endeavour to round up these stray dogs, humanely destroy the sick or diseased and desex the remainder.  

Eventually, you may learn that Thais laughing is not necessarily about humor. Thais laugh when they are embarrassed or nervous about a situation. They can believe that they are easing the situation by laughing.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, luudee said:

Stupid guy, he should do like my lovely Thai neighbours and poison the dogs. Even though they are on my property and never go outside ...

If you ride a bike or motorbike, it is effective to carry a small squirt gun filled with a little bleach and water. Guaranteed....one or two squirts in the general direction of chasing mutts will discourage them immediately. No need to actually squirt the dogs directly unless you wait too long and are in imminent danger of being bitten then aim for the nose and eyes.

Edited by Rimmer
Poisen mix removed

So many sick brained ugly Jai Dam cowardly individuals who are scared of a few soi dogs.

Its quite unbelievable the filth they like to boast about hurting animals time and time again on this forum. There must be some sort of ghastly physiological sadistic perversion that makes people want to brag about injuring and killing animals.

Spraying dogs with something unpleasant makes you wonder if Harolds Father and Mother were gainfully employed removing Jews and other "undesirables" from the vunderbar third Reich, that fortunately did not last a thousand years. 

The Reich is long, long gone, but the worst parts of its Nazi legacy have clearly been passed down to him and too many here. 

And no, this is not a rant about Germans, I never saw a dog in Germany that was not well looked after and its owners taking good care to keep the place clean. See Will is a great example of how normal Germans treat dogs so well. More power to your nasty Scotsman kicking boots Will.

For those who think riding a bicycle makes them very tough and manly, I would like to spray a bit of vinegar in your eyes and see how you like it. At least you would be able to wash your eyes, a dog cannot do that so easily. Plain water would do exactly the same with no harm to the dog.

For those advocating using bleach on a dogs eyes, if I find out who you are I guarantee you will see the inside of a police station.

But do the sicko animal haters do anything but moan and curse against living in Thailand?

No.

Do they contribute to the Soi Dog Foundation or some other organisation trying to humanly reduce the population of poor discarded dogs and cats and other animals that have been so badly mistreated by humans?

NO they do not.

Its a one way street living here for these cowards who only want to take and give nothing back to help improve the county.

Mean spirited, sick brained, cheap charlie, perverted, sadistic, ............I simply run out of words that would be printed in this forum to describe you sicko animal haters.

Put a little money into Soi Dog Foundation and help yourselves sleep better at night.

Not that some of you deserve a good nights sleep. I hope you animal hurters have the snarling, barking dogs you are so scared of in your dreams and in the hells you are destined for.

Edited by MiKT

12 hours ago, See Will said:

As German who has raised up 2 street Puppys that became 2 fearsome guard dogs, I can only plea to the police man to put him right away and without warning into Prison, long enough that he comes out of it with a sore a** and smells like a street dog.

Anyone who wants a good guard dog I can only recommend;

Take care of soi puppies and experience an amazing developement, thankful and very protective.

Just imagine one of these stands with lovely eyes and waving tail in the door and has an ashtray in his mouth, just asking: daddy you come out for a ziggy and brush my hair which was so filthy and full of fleas as you picked me up?  

The ash tray thing I didn't learn him, one day he did it and never stopped since then.

Final word,

the guy I have beaten up 2014 as he was throwing big stones at a small sick soi dog unable to run away was by the way Scottish. So we can come to the conclution in every nationality are some pricks who don't respect life.

1932794_212219942281559_4842574606359108129_o.jpg

And where were you (and the rest of the dog lovers) in the other thread when the 3-year old girl was attacked and sent to the hospital by these creatures?

Final word,

Those whose preference is with these dogs rather than small children should probably go live with the dogs.  (But prison would be good, too.)

Edited by hawker9000

15 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I see Thais mistreat dogs here where the cops then go figure

The fact that a dog is left unloved, barely fed, disease ridden, injured by motorcycles and cars, etc etc to fend for itself on the street IS mistreating the animal. If the Thais really loved their dogs they would REMOVE them all from the street and give them a good home. The dogs have but one purpose for the Thai people; that is to offer some scraps to and gain merit for THEMSELVES, a selfish attitude.

The King has stated that dogs should not be hurt. But leaving them on the street is doing just that HURTING THE DOGS.

4 hours ago, arrowsdawdle said:

Why has nobody set up a service dog training facility to take in soi dogs and train them to help blind people and others in need? Should be younger dogs though. Sell the older ones to Hanoi and Manila. This stuff ain't rocket science. 

I know of only one guide dog for the blind in Thailand. It is owned by a Thai university professor who obtained it from Canada, if my memory serves. As a sighted person who takes his Labrador for daily walks I am constantly threatened by stray dogs and pets on the loose. It is very stressful fighting them off. A blind person with their guide dog would not stand a chance.

Guide dogs will NEVER happen in Thailand until all the strays are removed. That's rocket science.

16 hours ago, napoleon3 said:

The other day, my post man, with his boots on, tried to play foot-ball with my small domestic dog, just because it made a little noise (woef woef) ???? Some human's are worse than animals !!!

Your mailbox should be on the outside and your dog on the inside.

Else you are at fault.

Quite a lot of people may fear infection from the smallest of nips.

3 hours ago, MiKT said:

So many sick brained ugly Jai Dam cowardly individuals who are scared of a few soi dogs.

Its quite unbelievable the filth they like to boast about hurting animals time and time again on this forum. There must be some sort of ghastly physiological sadistic perversion that makes people want to brag about injuring and killing animals.

Spraying dogs with something unpleasant makes you wonder if Harolds Father and Mother were gainfully employed removing Jews and other "undesirables" from the vunderbar third Reich, that fortunately did not last a thousand years. 

The Reich is long, long gone, but the worst parts of its Nazi legacy have clearly been passed down to him and too many here. 

And no, this is not a rant about Germans, I never saw a dog in Germany that was not well looked after and its owners taking good care to keep the place clean. See Will is a great example of how normal Germans treat dogs so well. More power to your nasty Scotsman kicking boots Will.

For those who think riding a bicycle makes them very tough and manly, I would like to spray a bit of vinegar in your eyes and see how you like it. At least you would be able to wash your eyes, a dog cannot do that so easily. Plain water would do exactly the same with no harm to the dog.

For those advocating using bleach on a dogs eyes, if I find out who you are I guarantee you will see the inside of a police station.

But do the sicko animal haters do anything but moan and curse against living in Thailand?

No.

Do they contribute to the Soi Dog Foundation or some other organisation trying to humanly reduce the population of poor discarded dogs and cats and other animals that have been so badly mistreated by humans?

NO they do not.

Its a one way street living here for these cowards who only want to take and give nothing back to help improve the county.

Mean spirited, sick brained, cheap charlie, perverted, sadistic, ............I simply run out of words that would be printed in this forum to describe you sicko animal haters.

Put a little money into Soi Dog Foundation and help yourselves sleep better at night.

Not that some of you deserve a good nights sleep. I hope you animal hurters have the snarling, barking dogs you are so scared of in your dreams and in the hells you are destined for.

Making a donation to Soi Dog Foundation will make little to no difference to the problem. It requires nationwide action starting with government. But with a nation of law-breakers and police who can't enforce laws I doubt any amount of action by government would have a real effect.

5 hours ago, MiKT said:

No.

NO they do not.

We are forced to step over the dog turds and run the gauntlet hoping that we don't get savaged by someone else's discarded dog and your suggestion is that we (we who do not want pets) should put our hand in our pocket and pay for someone else's mistake.

The idiots who defend and feed these wild pack animals should be fined, they are the cause of the problem.

MiKT, please don't try pushing the blame onto the innocents for the problems that people like yourself are creating.

If you feel so strongly about these savage animals then adopt them or pay out of your own pocket to have them dealt with but for god's sake stop feeding them.

Edited by Truscott

17 hours ago, napoleon3 said:

The other day, my post man, with his boots on, tried to play foot-ball with my small domestic dog, just because it made a little noise (woef woef) ???? Some human's are worse than animals !!!

Woef.  Woef ?

What kind of accent does your dog have? It sounds like a french bark.

11 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

It is often reported that mass killers torture and kill dogs first. Its a red flag for future violent behavior.

Just saying.

I would like to hear what the dogs have to say before making a judgement.

Apparently not too much, as they appear to have a lisp.

Edited by Truscott

42 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

It is often reported that mass killers torture and kill dogs first. Its a red flag for future violent behavior.

Just saying.

What the ??  Mass Killers??

What the dogs have to say??!!

This is what the TV feature 'ignore list' was made for :)

2 hours ago, tifino said:

yeah! a bunch of locals call them pets!!

especially as they are never going to be personally responsible for what a bunch of killers can do while they are not feeding them

Next time, German - use a can of Aerogard, and a lit match 

or 3M Super77

Yes, thank you, a very nice demonstration of the kind of sick brained psychopath I was talking about.

16 hours ago, robblok said:

We got quite a few dogs here that are so called soi dogs.. they don't harm anyone but do get the food they need from people. No biting incidents at all. This is Thailand.. if Thais want to solve it let them do it. The dogs here are not diseased at all get their water from people and food too. The same applies for a lot cats people just put food out for them. I think the kind of dog your describing is not how i see the soi dogs here. 

If stupid foreigners start attacking dogs and doing stupid things like that I applaud it when the Thais send the police at them. 

I got a dog.. take care of him walk him and almost never let him out (I do at times when there is nobody around) but have no problem with soi dogs. 

They don't harm anyone? Are you serious? There have been multiple cases of people being bitten by soi dogs or dogs just left out to roam around freely.

Dog attack

Not to mention the howling at night, the dog sh!t on the pavement, causing traffic accidents etc. About 6 months ago I was eating at a local restaurant and a middle aged woman crashed her motorbike when she hit a dog that had walked out in front of her. The dog limped off into a bush, almost certainly with broken bones, who's going to take that dog to get treatment? Who's going to pay for the woman's treatment?

You are correct that it's up to the Thai's to solve and I also don't think that attacking the dog is the way to go, but I don't see how any dog lover could approve of the current situation. Just because the dogs in your particular soi haven't bitten anyone yet, doesn't make the situation OK.

One of the advantages of living in a well managed mooban/village - any dog caught inside is chased out by the security guys - and any neighbour's dogs being aggressive are not allowed out of their yard.  It is safe to walk anywhere inside the complex and there is no need for me to walk past the gates - but I did it once and was 'challenged' by the soi dogs (turned back inside).  

Only time I was ever really scared for the wife and I in Thailand was when we were visiting a local Wat and the soi dogs did not like us - there was over 10 of them (one very big and angry and obviously in charge). The problem wasn't when we went to go inside the wat complex, it was when we were leaving and we tried to walk back to the car.  So we went back inside the wat and looked around some more for about 30 minutes or so and then quickly walked to and got in the car before 'they' came back again.  Inside mosts wats we have visited there are often many dogs - but they are always friendly and obviously used to people walking around. 

Thais seem to completely ignore the reality that soi dogs can attack/injure people and that they can have rabies (much like when they ride motorbikes without a helmet).  We were driving somewhere once and I made the comment to the wife "something must be going on - most people riding bikes have a helmet on today".  She looked at me with 'that' look and smiled patiently and said "it raining".   Different world - best just to walk away from soi dogs (and try not to kill the idiot flying between cars at 80km+ on his bike - with no helmet on).

1 hour ago, Truscott said:

We are forced to step over the dog turds and run the gauntlet hoping that we don't get savaged by someone else's discarded dog and your suggestion is that we (we who do not want pets) should put our hand in our pocket and pay for someone else's mistake.

The idiots who defend and feed these wild pack animals should be fined, they are the cause of the problem.

MiKT, please don't try pushing the blame onto the innocents for the problems that people like yourself are creating.

If you feel so strongly about these savage animals then adopt them or pay out of your own pocket to have them dealt with but for god's sake stop feeding them.

If you have ever followed a few of my posts on this subject you will see I put my money where my mouth is and I don't blame anybody except those who discard unwanted animals and those sickos who like to hurt animals, as seen only too often on this forum.

Of course its a Thai government problem, but if everybody contributed to something to help the animals it would go a long way to removing the problem.

The Soi dog Foundation have an education programme as well as looking after animals and the new anti-cruelty laws are helping to do a bit, but without support nothing will get done and you will have to continue to step in dog shit.

At least that is better than eating some of the shit that comes out of the mouth of some of the sicko bastards that brag here about how they like to hurt animals.

By the way these soi dogs are not "wild Animals" they are domesticated animals that react well to being cared for. Its not their fault they are abandoned and abused; and even if you don't want pets, if you want to live in Thailand you should contribute to making it a better healthier place for all.

People like myself do not contribute to the problem, we do something. People like yourself who live in Thailand but do nothing to help are not innocent. You are complicit.

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

They don't harm anyone? Are you serious? There have been multiple cases of people being bitten by soi dogs or dogs just left out to roam around freely.

Dog attack

Not to mention the howling at night, the dog sh!t on the pavement, causing traffic accidents etc. About 6 months ago I was eating at a local restaurant and a middle aged woman crashed her motorbike when she hit a dog that had walked out in front of her. The dog limped off into a bush, almost certainly with broken bones, who's going to take that dog to get treatment? Who's going to pay for the woman's treatment?

You are correct that it's up to the Thai's to solve and I also don't think that attacking the dog is the way to go, but I don't see how any dog lover could approve of the current situation. Just because the dogs in your particular soi haven't bitten anyone yet, doesn't make the situation OK.

Just telling you its not everywhere the same.. I am talking about a village not a soi (you know gated community) I have been all over Thailand but what you describe is not what I have seen. Maybe its just Pattaya, but its up to the Thais and farangs all tooled up attacking dogs and doing whatever they can to extract revenge on dogs is just stupid (good that you agree there)

Many of those dogs are being cared for they are just left to wonder free too. Good.. maybe not how we are used to it.. but seems the Thais are ok with it. (some are not for sure) But the majority does not care. So us making a big fuzz about it and attacking the dogs will only look bad on us foreigners.

2 minutes ago, MiKT said:

If you have ever followed a few of my posts on this subject you will see I put my money where my mouth is and I don't blame anybody except those who discard unwanted animals and those sickos who like to hurt animals, as seen only too often on this forum.

Of course its a Thai government problem, but if everybody contributed to something to help the animals it would go a long way to removing the problem.

The Soi dog Foundation have an education programme as well as looking after animals and the new anti-cruelty laws are helping to do a bit, but without support nothing will get done and you will have to continue to step in dog shit.

At least that is better than eating some of the shit that comes out of the mouth of some of the sicko bastards that brag here about how they like to hurt animals.

By the way these soi dogs are not "wild Animals" they are domesticated animals that react well to being cared for. Its not their fault they are abandoned and abused; and even if you don't want pets, if you want to live in Thailand you should contribute to making it a better healthier place for all.

People like myself do not contribute to the problem, we do something. People like yourself who live in Thailand but do nothing to help are not innocent. You are complicit.

I gotta jump in here and disagree with you.  I do understand where you are coming from, but the solution is NOT to look after the soi dogs. The only solution is to get rid of the soi dogs - otherwise there is only going to be more and more of them.  And I dont mean to hurt/kill them, the answer is to do what all western societies have done - introduce a system of dog shelters and dog catchers.  Remove the dogs from the street (put down any dog that attacks a person) and care for them until their time is up and then humanely put them to sleep if they are not 'adopted' by someone who will take care of them - or taken by a 'dog shelter' organisation who keeps them on their property (like a farm).  There is no other solution (that works).

2 hours ago, Keesters said:

The fact that a dog is left unloved, barely fed, disease ridden, injured by motorcycles and cars, etc etc to fend for itself on the street IS mistreating the animal. If the Thais really loved their dogs they would REMOVE them all from the street and give them a good home. The dogs have but one purpose for the Thai people; that is to offer some scraps to and gain merit for THEMSELVES, a selfish attitude.

The King has stated that dogs should not be hurt. But leaving them on the street is doing just that HURTING THE DOGS.

It's mathematically (and several other reasons) untenable to care for every dog born in Thailand.  Instead, there should be a rule:  1 dog max, per household.  

All other dogs, including strays, should be taken to an animal shelter.  There are nearly none now in Thailand, but they could be built and managed.  If a dog is not adopted within 2 months, put it down with an injection or whatever relatively painless way they can do it.  Also have free spaying/neutering services all over the country (for people and for dogs).

The alternative is what we're seeing now.  Dogs packing up and taking over/causing problems everywhere.  Just the one factor of dried poop dust (a million tons per week?) in the air should be enough to get some sort of management on the issue.  None of my suggestions will happen, so..... gird your loins for increasing dog problems as each noisy week passes by.

47 minutes ago, Bob9 said:

I gotta jump in here and disagree with you.  I do understand where you are coming from, but the solution is NOT to look after the soi dogs. The only solution is to get rid of the soi dogs - otherwise there is only going to be more and more of them.  And I dont mean to hurt/kill them, the answer is to do what all western societies have done - introduce a system of dog shelters and dog catchers.  Remove the dogs from the street (put down any dog that attacks a person) and care for them until their time is up and then humanely put them to sleep if they are not 'adopted' by someone who will take care of them - or taken by a 'dog shelter' organisation who keeps them on their property (like a farm).  There is no other solution (that works).

For goodness sake look before you leap.

I am not asking people to look after soi dogs, I hate to see soi dogs that are not properly cared for, I am asking people not to hurt animals and contribute to the Soi Dog Foundation or any similar organization that does have a fully organized programme of removing dogs from the streets.

You are so right there is no other solution that works.

DELETED

Edited by seedy
LINK

6 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

It's mathematically (and several other reasons) untenable to care for every dog born in Thailand.  Instead, there should be a rule:  1 dog max, per household.  

All other dogs, including strays, should be taken to an animal shelter.  There are nearly none now in Thailand, but they could be built and managed.  If a dog is not adopted within 2 months, put it down with an injection or whatever relatively painless way they can do it.  Also have free spaying/neutering services all over the country (for people and for dogs).

The alternative is what we're seeing now.  Dogs packing up and taking over/causing problems everywhere.  Just the one factor of dried poop dust (a million tons per week?) in the air should be enough to get some sort of management on the issue.  None of my suggestions will happen, so..... gird your loins for increasing dog problems as each noisy week passes by.

The one dog policy? Didn't China try something like this?

Listen folks...you are guests in thailand. The Thais appear to enjoy Soi Dogs as part of their Culture...as this plump German fellow recently found out.

Maybe if he had fed them schnitzels instead of attacked the dogs they would have behaved more harmoniously. 

19 hours ago, napoleon3 said:

Never seen a Thai postman with boots on, you should keep the dog indoors maybe as postboxes are out in the street.

Recently ti government estimated 

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

Just saying.

It's rubbish, but LBJ did kill a donkey. How many millions of soi dogs sis the govt say there were, 4 million? at least the German was doing something about it.

Edited by thai3

41 minutes ago, MiKT said:

For goodness sake look before you leap.

I am not asking people to look after soi dogs, I hate to see soi dogs that are not properly cared for, I am asking people not to hurt animals and contribute to the Soi Dog Foundation or any similar organization that does have a fully organized programme of removing dogs from the streets.

You are so right there is no other solution that works.

Thanks for the clarification - I have looked at your web site.  I havent seen your posts before and didnt know that 'Soi Dogs' is not feeding soi dogs and that you are doing exactly what I suggested (taking them off the streets).  You arent feeding soi dogs are you? You only feed those in temples and you take soi dogs off the street and house and look after them - right?  If you do, then clearly what is needed is for the Thai Govt to introduce the dog catchers/shelters system to remove the soi dogs (those who live on the streets/alleys) - with organisations like yourself being the backup to the Govt system (rather than the front end). 

Soi dog foundation is just pissing in the wind, the problem is so enormous and getting worse every year that their pathetic actions make no real difference at all. Soi dogs need to be mass culled, anything else is too expensive and too time consuming. It will not happen until there is a widespread rabies outbreak. There is a reason for the Thai misplaced sentimentality and 'compassion' towards dogs in recent years of course. Thailand will always look like a third world slum with millions of scabby soi dog strays roaming around. I do note though that after the recent rabid dog bit a child (parent fault of course :whistling: ) That my local 7/11 has had the dogs cleared away from it's door, used to have to step over 2 or 3 of them.

Edited by thai3