Transfer Motorbike to Wife - Simplified Approach?

Hereunto

I'd like to transfer my motorbike to my wife.  Can anyone tell me if there is an easy transfer process for spouses, outside of falling over dead?   Not sure if it matters, but the bike still has Chonburi plates, yet I've been allowed to register in BKK twice.   If I have to do that paperwork, and I recall there was a small mountain of paper, does anyone know the DLT's ownership transfer requirements?

Thanks for your help.

To sell a bike or a car to transfer names on books a farang will need copy of passport cert of residence wife her ID if your both going together.

You can't do a name change in a diffrent area the vehicle is registered in unless you change the number plates to the new province as well, that takes a week then when you go back to change number plates you can change names at same time. If you do t go with her she will need power of attorney from you as well.

Changing bike title in an office that it isn't registered in is an urban myth .. I have done both, transfer a bike from my wife and bought bikes out of province and successfully transferred title, but it needs to be the provincial HQ, not a satellite office.

Transfering title between spouse is super easy, we went to he DLT on another mission and I just mentioned it, the woman told my wife to sign a form and then for me to return with a certificate of residence and she would sort it.

In your case I would suggest they will ask you to change plates which may result in a check up and new insurance, possibly two visits to the DLT.

i always used to take the wife with me to do the paperwork but after this occasion I gained confidence to tackle all my own bike papers - was a good move, they are super helpful - ignoring the expiry date on certificate of residence, sometimes Accepting photocopies - today, I went to report a missing tax disc and they asked about a police report and then another worker stepped in and said no problem, we know him.