Death of former Phuket land official: Mongkut Wattana’s paramedics summoned for more questioning

webfact

Mongkut Wattana’s paramedics summoned for more questioning

26_DSI-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Mongkut Wattana hospital’s paramedics who performed chest compressions and CPR on former Phuket land official Thawatchai Anukul were summoned by police to Thung Song Hong police station for further questioning.

Pol Col Mana Pohchuey, superintendent of Thung Song Hong police declined to elaborate why the paramedics have to be questioned again. But he, however, said that he was informed that the Institute of Forensic Science is now ready to perform another autopsy on the victim and is awaiting a go-head signal from a special panel of the Justice Ministry.

The first autopsy showed that Mr Thawatchai suffered ruptured lungs and abdominal bleeding, sparking off suspension that he might be killed. But the Department of Special Investigation earlier suggested that a mishandled CPR by the paramedics from Mongkut Wattana hospital might have caused the lungs to rupture causing internal bleeding.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/mongkut-wattanas-paramedics-summoned-questioning/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-08

possible if they used one of those nice teak wood clubs for cpr I suppose !

looks like a fixed second autopsy will discredit first & medics getting hassled while dsi sit back & wait for it fade out of press interest !

broken cameras, unlikely hanging method & injuries not relating to statements of events :-/ mmm where I seen that before ... only lieland ...

Edited by BuckBee

16 hours ago, rockingrobin said:

Noticed the article states ruptured lungs, I thought it was a ruptured liver

Yes I thought so too.

This is  a fairly common cause of death of indigenous Papua New Guineans as, often, the liver has already been weakened by multiple cases of malaria. It can be caused by a blow to the back.

Weird. The earlier stories all referred to a ruptured liver. I don't see how it would be possible to rupture the lungs. They're protected by the whole rib cage. The only way you could compress the lungs enough to rupture them would be to break a lot of the ribs, and then the sharp ends would be more likely to puncture the lungs than "rupture" them.

we all know how this is going to end scapegoats found AGAIN !!!!!!! 

CHANGING STORIES !!! yawn  hung with cord, no hung with socks, no hung with ripped ripped shirt, no ruptured liver, no ruptured lungs, no SCAPEGOATED thats how he died, blame the professionals (the ones i assume went through some sort of medical training for and done CPR

countless times before) to become para medics, i assume you can't just buy this qualification even in Thailand. 

it's like school children in a playground trying to blame someone for breaking a window 

pathetic ???

Edited by dieseldave1951

Just now, rockingrobin said:

I'm not confident that most of these clowns know the difference.

Much harder to explain how even fairly aggressive CPR can rupture a liver!

Quick change to lung and hey presto, problem solved!

22 hours ago, rockingrobin said:

Ooops they mistook his liver for his heart when doing CPR. Were these paramedics Burmese perchance? I sense a white wash coming up here. The DSI is looking for scapegoat here boys RUN!!

Abbreviations for Thailand:

L.O.S. : Land of Scams, smiles, ...

L.O.C. : Land of Corruption, criminals, crimes, copies, ...

L.O.F. : Land of Fakes, fugitives, ...

L.O.U.D. : Land of unexplained Deaths.

Edited by FredNL

Weird. The earlier stories all referred to a ruptured liver. I don't see how it would be possible to rupture the lungs. They're protected by the whole rib cage. The only way you could compress the lungs enough to rupture them would be to break a lot of the ribs, and then the sharp ends would be more likely to puncture the lungs than "rupture" them.

Maybe ruptured liver was incorrect, misreported?

I've done a couple of CPR's and broken ribs on one I know of. Bit embarassing when you sink right in through the person, specially when his wife is watching.

The longer you go, the harder you push, even though the eyes would indicate you should give up.

I could certainly believe ruptured lungs from CPR. Would expect a broken rib or ribs as part of the package.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

And so the carousel continues to spin, I see whats gonna happen, after further investigation and questioning of the Paramedics it will be decided that unfortunately the aforementioned Paramedics were over enthusiastic in their administration of CPR to the patient, this resulted in the poor mans death. No blame attached to the Paramedics, it was an ACCIDENT, unfortunate but true, so the DSI remain squeaky clean, and everyone can go home satisfied of a good job done by all.

Sad really. 

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

Maybe ruptured liver was incorrect, misreported?

I've done a couple of CPR's and broken ribs on one I know of. Bit embarassing when you sink right in through the person, specially when his wife is watching.

The longer you go, the harder you push, even though the eyes would indicate you should give up.

I could certainly believe ruptured lungs from CPR. Would expect a broken rib or ribs as part of the package.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Yep, seen & heard it with my own eyes/ears, a mate of mine, ex Royal Marine Commando - now a fully qualified St John's Ambulance trainer delivered CPR to the landlord of my local pub back in the UK, the first thing to go were his ribs, when the ambulance arrived they took over and with a shot of Adrenalin and the old electric shock thingy they got him back.

He lasted about 18 months after that then had a massive heart attack which he never made it back from. 

9 hours ago, Acharn said:

Ribs are very often broken when applying CPR.

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Ribs are very often broken when applying CPR.

Yes, I probably should have mentioned that, but are lungs often pierced, resulting in death of the patient? I've never gone through the training, it wasn't part of the Army's first aid training when I was still on active duty, but I've read descriptions of the procedure, and even recall one trainer's comment, "If you aren't breaking ribs you're not doing it right." Still, I didn't think ruptured or pierced lungs were a common outcome.

I just don't know why all of the above are talking about broken ribs and pierced lungs as a normal part of cpr. Who cares. 

The original cause of death was ruptured liver caused by a hard blunt object, massive abdominal bleeding , followed by asphyxiation. 

We might even say the first doctor mistakenly said liver, when he actually meant to say lungs. So detectives please explain abdominal bleeding as a result of a punctured lung.:gigglem:

56 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I just don't know why all of the above are talking about broken ribs and pierced lungs as a normal part of cpr. Who cares. 

The original cause of death was ruptured liver caused by a hard blunt object, massive abdominal bleeding , followed by asphyxiation. 

We might even say the first doctor mistakenly said liver, when he actually meant to say lungs. So detectives please explain abdominal bleeding as a result of a punctured lung.:gigglem:

But this is Thailand,  and you must be fully aware of the dismal reporting and ever the worse translation of initial half-cocked stories and outright arse covering lies released to the news media  - especially by the BIB.