My first bad experience in Thailand and it was a falang that initiated it.

Smudge

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, slipperylobster said:

sounds like a cowardly man hit you.  drunks are easy targets, and nobody really cares if a drunk gets hit.

Not really - It seems like he insulted someone who had a little tolerance for idiots. I don't condone violence, but sometimes it's excusable. 

Many people like to get drunk, they are not a target because they know how to behave in public... 

To be honest - the OP by his own admission seems like someone many wouldn't like to be around once he's had a few drinks... 

Just back from having my lip sewn up and just catching up on whats being said.

When I say I don't remember what I said, I mean I simply can't think of anything I said that would have offended someone so much.  I generally don't talk to people on the baht bus with the exception of the odd hello or passing the time of day, or if you do engage in conversation it usually involves the likes of 'where are you from?' 'how long have you been here' etc.

Did he mishear something I said?  Did he not like my accent?  Did I take a glance at his girlfriend?  Did he not like the way I was dressed?  I guess I will never know.

If he does happen to be a TV member and I did say or do something that he found deeply offensive, and I'm certain I did'nt, I will be more than happy to eat humble pie and apologise sincerly.

It's just not in my nature to be nasty, If I have said something bad to someone in the past it has been in retaliation as I would never initiate any kind conflict intentionally.  If I sense conflict, I am generally the first to leave the room.

Whats done is done, was the first and hopefully the last time I have to experience that kind of situation.

I won't say I'm am angel, I say things that upset people and have done on many occasions 

maybe you tells the truth to all the Casanova millionaires and we all know that lot dont like hearing the truth.

Edited by catman20

16 minutes ago, Smudge said:

It's just not in my nature to be nasty, If I have said something bad to someone in the past it has been in retaliation as I would never initiate any kind conflict intentionally.  If I sense conflict, I am generally the first to leave the room.

Whats done is done, was the first and hopefully the last time I have to experience that kind of situation.

Smudge

Mistake number one.....gobbing off to someone you don,t know when your pissed :(

Mistake number two.....complaining about it on here :whistling:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Next time try engaging your brain before opening your mouth :thumbsup:

lastly and most importantly did you pay the baht bus driver for your trip......if not the police may have a warrant out for you also   :gigglem:

36 minutes ago, Smudge said:

When I say I don't remember what I said, I mean I simply can't think of anything I said that would have offended someone so much. 

so what did you say ?

By your own admission, seems like you had this coming for a good long while.
Few people lash out without good reason, even drunk. I've spent a lot of time in bars and my last drunken scuffle was 30 years ago.

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

so what did you say ?

"a falang that initiated it."

That farang being you, to drunk to remember what you said. Wasn't a nice thing otherwise it wouldn't trigger someone. 

Thats the problem. Smudge can't 'think' what he said would cause offence, admitting he's a poor judge of what's acceptable. Is he by chance related to the obnoxious motormouth Dueterte?

...first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye.

This is the kind of preaching that earns you a smack in the mouth, while hanging off the back of a truck...

14 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

You don't know what you said.. you were drunk... so it could have very well been taken out of context by the boxing man

Englishmen are mostly noble gentlemen types and would not attack someone for no reason. If you had said it was a Russian i could have believed you.. A high percentage of Russian men are dregs, drunks and degenerates and nothing would surprise me with them. 

" Englishmen are mostly noble gentlemen types and would not attack someone for no reason. If you had said it was a Russian i could have believed you.. A high percentage of Russian men are dregs, drunks and degenerates and nothing would surprise me with them.  ..."

Is this a joke ?   I think it is , isn't it ?

He probably lamped you because you were speaking in a language he understood. Try gobbing off in german or russian to get a fair cross section of farangs before blaming the brits.

Dont try it in thai tho as you probably wont be able to report back here...

" I say things that upset people and have done on many occasions"

Others might say that meeting yourself is "their" bad experience. You really ought to be careful about what you say in front of people or give up drinking. Most people are just looking for a  simple quite life and are entitled to it.....