40,000 baht per month.

We had an immigration police visit last week. They noted my visa was almost up, and asked my wife if I'd applied yet. She told them with the GBP down I was below the monthly income. He told her if 40,000 was in the bank it was OK, even though, now it's too late for 3 months worth of 40,000 baht per month. Is this bs, wife even called the local immigration boss. He confirmed it, but I'm sceptical.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

It's normal that they visit foreigners, especially when it's the first Non-O just to make sure that you're really living there.

i wouldn't be concerned as you might find somebody who can give you a small amount just for the time to have it on your account.

It also happened to me 13 years ago that they visited us and the cops really looked like some drug addicts. We made jokes about them when they suddenly introduced themselves as Immigration police....

After knowing them for a few years we found out that they only have a little amount of money for gasoline and only do some visits until the Diesel money's gone. 

Our neighbor, a teacher had to write a detailed report how long we're staying there, when we moved in and and and...

Enjoy life and keep smiling. :thumbsup:

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

It's normal that they visit foreigners, especially when it's the first Non-O just to make sure that you're really living there.

i wouldn't be concerned as you might find somebody who can give you a small amount just for the time to have it on your account.

It also happened to me 13 years ago that they visited us and the cops really looked like some drug addicts. We made jokes about them when they suddenly introduced themselves as Immigration police....

After knowing them for a few years we found out that they only have a little amount of money for gasoline and only do some visits until the Diesel money's gone. 

Our neighbor, a teacher had to write a detailed report how long we're staying there, when we moved in and and and...

Enjoy life and keep smiling. [emoji106]

The visit was a side issue, my point being they said my wife could top up the 40,000 from our rubber sales. They call in when they are rounding up illegal Burmese. I'm just lucky that way.

1 hour ago, Mosha said:

The visit was a side issue, my point being they said my wife could top up the 40,000 from our rubber sales. They call in when they are rounding up illegal Burmese. I'm just lucky that way.

Only your income can be used to meet the 40k baht income requirement. Your wife's income  will certainly not be accepted when you apply for your extension.

If you can show your average income for the past year has been 40k  baht or more it can be accepted. This from clause 2.18 of the police order.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Only your income can be used to meet the 40k baht income requirement. Your wife's income  will certainly not be accepted when you apply for your extension.

If you can show your average income for the past year has been 40k  baht or more it can be accepted. This from clause 2.18 of the police order.

Ubon Joe is correct as usual. However there are all sorts of weird transactions going on, for example I was told by a senior policeman that for the fee of ‎฿100 000 and proof of having  ‎฿400 000 in the bank i would never have to go to Immigration again. Needless to say, I politely refused. That policeman has now been transferred, I wonder what would have happened then?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cooked said:

Ubon Joe is correct as usual. However there are all sorts of weird transactions going on, for example I was told by a senior policeman that for the fee of ‎฿100 000 and proof of having  ‎฿400 000 in the bank i would never have to go to Immigration again. Needless to say, I politely refused. That policeman has now been transferred, I wonder what would have happened then?

I suspect this would have happened:

1. He and his friend(s) at immi would have had a grand old time on that money.

2. You would have cried when he was transferred, and suddenly you had to provide the docs and go through the rigmarole, again.

100K Baht is 4 to 6 years-worth of agent-fees, and you would probably have to show up for a few minutes each year to have your picture taken, for "cya" purposes.

But with any of these sorts of arrangements, if the wrong higher-ups get wind, there could be a cascade of destruction in the lives of all involved.  Who will have the most and fewest connections to help them navigate those stormy waters?  

• Like 2

You can use income and cash in bank. Say your income showed  350,000 Baht you  have 50,000 baht in the bank that's sufficient. The cash doesn't have to stay in the bank for 3 months either. It can be in the bank for as little as a couple of days.

2 minutes ago, roger101 said:

You can use income and cash in bank. Say your income showed  350,000 Baht you  have 50,000 baht in the bank that's sufficient. The cash doesn't have to stay in the bank for 3 months either. It can be in the bank for as little as a couple of days.

No you cannot.

Income OR cash. Not both.

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, roger101 said:

I am not going into details but you can have income and cash.

Not according to the official Police Order you cannot.

You can if applying for retirement.

Even then the money has to be in the bank for 2/3 months.

Edited by Lite Beer

My Thai Wife Visa expires in December.  In previous years I had 400 000 baht in bank but due to unforseen circumstances this year it has reduced to 200 000. I have a self  funded pension of 35 000 baht. I have seen on several websites that it I possible to combine the 2 for a Wife Visa. I telephoned Immigration and was promised a return call. This did not eventuate so I faxed them.  Again no response so I personally attended the Chaengwattana office and was told I needed confirmation of my income from my Embassy and subject to this my application would be approved. This was verified by 2 Immigration Officers. I will be attending their office in November to submit an application for a further extension of stay on this basis.  

Taken from  Police order 777/2551 

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month OR a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year. 

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

You will be refused as this is not an option.

Maybe they expect a back hander.

I very much doubt that you are talking about a  Visa anyway

If Crows is American he will indeed be allowed to use the affidavit from the Embassy. I don't know about other Embassy's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crows said:

My Thai Wife Visa expires in December.  In previous years I had 400 000 baht in bank but due to unforseen circumstances this year it has reduced to 200 000. I have a self  funded pension of 35 000 baht. I have seen on several websites that it I possible to combine the 2 for a Wife Visa. I telephoned Immigration and was promised a return call. This did not eventuate so I faxed them.  Again no response so I personally attended the Chaengwattana office and was told I needed confirmation of my income from my Embassy and subject to this my application would be approved. This was verified by 2 Immigration Officers. I will be attending their office in November to submit an application for a further extension of stay on this basis.  

There is nothing in the published rules that allows for combining income and money in the bank if applying on the basis of being married, however, I have heard of immigration allowing it. 35K is 420K pa, and already over the 400K needed if using cash in the bank, so if you're also showing 200K in the bank I would not be surprised if they allowed the extension.

22 hours ago, roger101 said:

I am not sure if the 50.000 just need to be a couple of days in the bank

On 9/11/2016 at 1:44 PM, Lite Beer said:

Maybe you would be kind enough to let us all know how is is achieved.

A link to your source would be appreciated by all.

If you go into the Key Visa web site and click on Thai Visa then  Retirement Visa you will see what I mean. Or click on Marriage Visa.

www.keyvisathailand.com

Edited by roger101
More info

40 minutes ago, roger101 said:

If you go into the Key Visa web site and click on Thai Visa then  Retirement Visa you will see what I mean. Or click on Marriage Visa.

www.keyvisathailand.com

That is a commercial website  packed with wrong information.

Totally unreliable as a source.

Believe any of it at your peril.

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Like 1

I did hear of a similar offer from immigration to someone whose income slipped just below the required level recently (Brexit has a lot to do with it), they were told to just show the difference in a bank account. Entirely unofficial, but maybe they are being compassionate (as a one off). You certainly wouldn't want to rely on it - or maybe a tip will be suggested .....