PM hails Govt’s success in combating corruption

rooster59

PM hails Govt’s success in combating corruption

Thammarat Thadaphrom

PNPOL590910001000102.JPG

BANGKOK, 10 September 2016 (NNT) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has highlighted one of the government’s greatest achievements which is to reduce corruption in the operations of all levels of administration. 

Gen Prayut who is also head of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) said today the current administration places the tackling of corruption high on the national agenda and believes that counter corruption measures must be implemented to ensure concrete results at all levels of government. 

Between 2013 and 2015, corruption caused huge damage to government agencies, state enterprises, and local administrative offices. There were more than 200 cases and the damage was around 500 billion baht. 

He said the current government has successfully reduced the incidence of corrupt practices, as evidenced in recent assessments. For instance, the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI), which was conducted in 180 countries between 2013 and 2015, shows that Thailand’s ranking improved year after year. In 2013, which was before the government and the NCPO took office, Thailand was ranked 102. At present, Thailand is placed at number 76, 30 notches better than in 2013. 

A total of 258 state officials have been placed under fraud investigation, 62 of whom have been subject to disciplinary action. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-10

In 2015 the score is 38. In 2012 it was 37, in 2013 35, and in 2014 it was 38. The data has been gathered in the past 24 months.

The variations in score are peanuts.

To compare with a score between 70 and 91 for west European countries.

Edited by candide

I am not sure he really believes this, maybe someone slipped him a few (million) Baht in a lunch box to say it.

Although I doubt it, I hasten to add, as he is a fine upstanding individual, totally transparent in all matters (don't ask about his wealth or that of his family).

"Another shocking case has been that of Prayuth’s own brother, General Preecha Chan-ocha, who was also handpicked to serve in the NLC. Preecha earlier declared that he possessed assets worth approximately 79 million baht. This prompted social media users in Thailand to try and trace the sources of Preecha’s wealth. These investigations found that the money in at least one of Preecha’s bank accounts had apparently come directly from the budget of the 3rd Army, which he used to command. They also found that due to a “math” error in adding up his bank accounts, Preecha’s net worth was closer to 90 million baht than the 79 million baht he originally claimed."

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/

Nor should we mention nepotism.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/04/15/1460710392

I could add more but will not labour the point. Also I don't fancy a couple of weeks AA.

1 hour ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I am not sure he really believes this, maybe someone slipped him a few (million) Baht in a lunch box to say it.

Although I doubt it, I hasten to add, as he is a fine upstanding individual, totally transparent in all matters (don't ask about his wealth or that of his family).

"Another shocking case has been that of Prayuth’s own brother, General Preecha Chan-ocha, who was also handpicked to serve in the NLC. Preecha earlier declared that he possessed assets worth approximately 79 million baht. This prompted social media users in Thailand to try and trace the sources of Preecha’s wealth. These investigations found that the money in at least one of Preecha’s bank accounts had apparently come directly from the budget of the 3rd Army, which he used to command. They also found that due to a “math” error in adding up his bank accounts, Preecha’s net worth was closer to 90 million baht than the 79 million baht he originally claimed."

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/

Nor should we mention nepotism.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/04/15/1460710392

I could add more but will not labour the point. Also I don't fancy a couple of weeks AA.

The junta leader told the media reporters, they can not dig up stuff like corruption on his brother or selected police and members of his family and his government, and in doing so has no benefit for the country and is just making trouble.

But hey there are STILL a few junta fan boy's that refuse to admit that the junta have protected themselves from investigations and now proclaim the junta is going after corrupt people,  Yo fella's,,,   you acquainted with the words gullible, suckers, fools???

But ok I am happy that corrupt people are being caught even though they are carefully selected, But I wish they would come too our village as the head man here has proven his corruption many times over,  One of his latest antics is the village support fund of 1 million baht for 13 people working in their farms,

and 13 members of his family each got a share, a week later people asked him how he could do this, his answer was not him but the Ampur picks the people who get the money,:whistling: 

Show us the prosecutions and the amount of jail time handed down (and actually being served ) to high ranking officials dealt with in the last two years.    'Lists' of apparently corrupt officials do not satisfy the needs of this country which needs a Chinese style purge on high ranking officials to make any noticeable impact.

2 out of 10 for effect....0 out of 10 for praising your own feeble efforts !

12 hours ago, waitforusalso said:

Significant reduction in corruption with anybody or any group that support the previous government. As for the army or other organisations supporting us, corruption has increased unchecked. 

1. I am not sure about the amount of corruption in the army

2. Better getting 90 % of the perps and take care of the 10 % later (I don 't know the percentage, you probably would say 50:50 or whatever - without proof of course)

Don't ignore: corruption index is down 25 % !

I look out of my front yard to see an ever increasing clearing in the forest on the hillside which is in a national park.

The "guardian" of said forest has offices less than 5 km from it.

Guardian drives new pickup and home built from huge slabs of timber which appeared one day.

Yet no-one says or does anything.

No doubt corruption is declining, maybe somewhere else.

Now if he took on the Pattaya police bandits I'd believe him.  Every bar owner I know/have spoken to has to pay to remain open.  Failure results in raids on some pretext or other.  (Farang) owners are 'fined'.  They're widening the net to Bang Saray now.

10 minutes ago, bobmac10 said:

I look out of my front yard to see an ever increasing clearing in the forest on the hillside which is in a national park.

The "guardian" of said forest has offices less than 5 km from it.

Guardian drives new pickup and home built from huge slabs of timber which appeared one day.

Yet no-one says or does anything.

No doubt corruption is declining, maybe somewhere else.

There is a phone number you can call to report this, apparently?  will you stand by and do nothing or will you report it?

15 hours ago, colinneil said:

The current government has reduced the incidents of corrupt practices :cheesy::cheesy:

Crazy thing is he actually believes that.

He's just been heavily focussed on important external matters and if you don't believe it just ask him

3 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

There is a phone number you can call to report this, apparently?  will you stand by and do nothing or will you report it?

if you value your life keep your mouth shut. if you are a foreigner go commend them for removing the trees for flood mitigation and improved run off. stay the <deleted> out of everything in thailand. 

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

Just this Friday, I was told to pay an absurd amount for a speeding up a product registration by an officer in a government department. I have to pay or they wil slow down the registration which will affect my business. I can say that the amount is more than previous governments. Success? It got worse!!!!

Amazing how posters on this thread had nothing to say on the junta's recovery of B7 billion baht from the Shinawatra's favourite rice-trading company.

"AMLO seize 7 billion baht assets from Siam Indica"

" Siam Indiga also won part of the government stockpile under the silent-releasing method with total volume of 300,000 tonnes. The rice was set for export under a government-to-government deal to Indonesia only. The bid was Bt11-12 per kilogram compared with the government cost of Bt21-Bt23 per kilo while the market price was Bt15. With this lot alone, the government lost Bt3.3 billion. However, Siam Indiga enjoyed a profit of Bt900 million. "

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Former-head-of-troubled-Agri-Trading-stands-to-gai-30192330.html