Bangkok man robbed, shot dead outside his Thai restaurant in the U.S.

snoop1130

Bangkok man robbed, shot dead outside his Thai restaurant in the U.S.

By Coconuts Bangkok

man_7.jpg

Photos: Nantnaphatsorn/ Thairath TV

A Thai restaurant owner in the U.S. was shot dead in an armed robbery outside of his restaurant in Tucker, Georgia, on Saturday night.

Somphot Aromsuk, 34, from Bangkok, tragically died in front of his Mai Thai restaurant. The CCTV footage shows that the robber had been lying in wait for Somphot to close up before he pointed a gun at him at 9pm. The gunman’s identity still remains unknown after he escaped with Somphot’s black Honda Civic.

Somphot’s body was found in the parking lot, along with a tray full of food. Somphot’s friend said that he always brought home leftovers for friends after work. His friends prayed at the spot where Somphot fell to the ground, according to FOX 5 Atlanta.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/13/bangkok-man-robbed-shot-dead-outside-his-thai-restaurant-us

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-09-13

It truly is a shame since this guy seems to have been a hard working individual.  And it's true, Thailand does not have the monopoly on violence.  One thing that does stand out is the freedom this person had to own and operate HIS OWN business in a FREE country.  Perhaps one day Thailand will be this considerate, open and free (but I think pigs will be flying before that time).

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

He looks like someone I may have met before. Anything can happen in the US these days. The US and Thailand are both out of control in in their own ways.

USA inner cities are all murder capitals. Chicago, Detroit, LA. are complete jokes.

11 hours ago, Smiley Face said:

It truly is a shame since this guy seems to have been a hard working individual.  And it's true, Thailand does not have the monopoly on violence.  One thing that does stand out is the freedom this person had to own and operate HIS OWN business in a FREE country.  Perhaps one day Thailand will be this considerate, open and free (but I think pigs will be flying before that time).

your joking right he probably had tojump thru more hoops and inspections than in Thailand

Thailand has twice the gun murder rate of the US per capita. Not many are aware of that fact about the Land of Smiles.

Stunning

However the USA likely has 5 to 10 times the number of thai restaurants of any other country outside of Thailand. Statistical chance? or something else ... lets let are troll teamers mull on that ... sad day either way.

Edited by LomSak27

40 minutes ago, moe666 said:

your joking right he probably had tojump thru more hoops and inspections than in Thailand

He jumped thru the same hoops and performed the same red tape as any other person in America; no special obstacles placed in his path to ownership and making money.

well at least the police havent come out with any individual pre conceived ideas on why he was shot or by who and no one had posted pics of his body on facebook, totally different to here. I hope we get the follow up on this so we will know if they catch the one responsible, any murder is one too many, rip.

I dunno about Rural state being any different.I lived in Merrietta for 4 years and i worked for a company called Maybury and Haynes.They were a builders of some considerable size.I was a supervising engineer,and on occasion had to go into Atlanta to supervise the emergency side of the company,when called out to carry out works to the restaurants and gas stations that had contracts with them.I used to visit Tenth and Fourteenth streets in the commercial district.There were several '7's and Macs that had constant problems.At night it was an entertainment area,many comedy clubs and theatres.Almost every night there was a murder,or gang shooting.Drugs was the cause of most of it.Also many native Indians(which were the Cherokees ) would be arrested for being drunk and riding the lifts that ran from the ground to the city below the city.There was much violence.and death,just the same as any state.

So GA isnt much different,rural or not.

2 hours ago, halloween said:

Not many people are aware that 2,400,000 Americans are incarcerated, which makes the Land of the Free sound a bit hypocritical. Only the Seychelles has a higher incarceration rate, but with only 700 prisoners.

It's not free.  Everyone knows that.  But, you are off topic.  Send Obama your recomendations

someone being shot in the US is usually  considered local news. and will rarely go beyond that... unless its a mass shooting. or someone famous is involved.

4 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

Thai lives matter too but you won't see any protests for this poor soul. R.I.P

this is beyond a ridiculous comparison and you have no idea what you are talking about!

do you really believe or think there is any similarity or comparison to a single thai man being shot and robbed vs law enforcement persecuting the black community?!?!?!

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

Sorry, you're right.  He probably had to prove that his restaurant was clean and not a death trap.  How inconvenient!!!!  But at least he could OWN his OWN place and not have to have an American be the majority owner.  It's called freedom and responsibility.  Perhaps you've heard these terms before?!?!?!

1 hour ago, Smiley Face said:

Sorry, you're right.  He probably had to prove that his restaurant was clean and not a death trap.  How inconvenient!!!!  But at least he could OWN his OWN place and not have to have an American be the majority owner.  It's called freedom and responsibility.  Perhaps you've heard these terms before?!?!?!

Not that I can remember in Thailand

10 hours ago, bark said:

In the USA, it goes like this. Whites; kill Blacks;  Blacks kill Blacks and Mexicans; Mexicans kill Chinese; Chinese kill Indian :

and everyone kills terrorists.

Actually it starts like this:

White people kill people who were trying to harm them....the only reason Race is introduced is that black men appear to be the race most often trying to cause harm...per capita.

Even black people are the first to say this.

On 9/14/2016 at 10:55 AM, moe666 said:

I'm guessing that the didn't have to distribute a host of brown envelopes to government officials...or put the police on his payroll...and he wouldn't be threatened or killed by a competitor...that was the point of the comment...

Bangkok man allegedly robbed, killed by employee at Thai restaurant and her boyfriend

By Coconuts Bangkok 

photo_31.jpg

Imani Burns (left) and Jarvis Standford (right). Photo: Dekalb County police/ FOX 5 Atlanta

TUCKER: -- The U.S. police have arrested two suspects for the murder of Bangkok native Somphot Aaromsuk, who was shot dead outside his Thai restaurant in Tucker, Georgia, on Saturday.

Jarvis Standford, 23, and his girlfriend Imani Burns, 20, were detained yesterday in connection with the murder of the 34-year-old Thai man on Saturday. The couple was charged with murder and armed robbery.

On Saturday night, Somphot was closing up and leaving his Mai Thai restaurant when Standford allegedly shot him in an armed robbery. His girlfriend, Burns, who police said was an employee at the restaurant, drove the getaway vehicle, which was the victim's black Honda Civic.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/15/bangkok-man-allegedly-robbed-killed-employee-thai-restaurant-and-her-boyfriend

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-09-16

A hard working Thai comes to America and gives employment to a local American who then decides to rob and kill him. 

Well I will be danged...a young black man with a gun killing people.

What are the chances? 

Now are the police allowed to arrest him or does he qualify for BLM immunity? 

What a shame.

On 14 September 2016 at 6:55 AM, moe666 said:

Probably had to follow regulations as it should be, but the fact is he was able to set up and own his business 100%. Not the case for all non Thais here. (Though I understand there are exceptions for USA citizens setting up a business here).

On 9/13/2016 at 11:42 PM, Howitzer said:

gun violence is pretty widespread in the US. In fact this piece of news probably wouldn't even make it to the national lvl. It occured in the south in a fairly rural state like Georgia.

You seem like quite a knowledgable guy.  Surely you knew this you just forgot... 

Edited by joeyg

3 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

A hard working Thai comes to America and gives employment to a local American who then decides to rob and kill him. 

What are the chances? 

What a shame.

Blacks in the USA will never take responsibility for their behavior, because they are told that their failings are attributed to racism. By far, Whites and Asians are the disproportionate targets of open violence and racism.  When data are analyzed properly, Blacks are even given better treatment by law enforcement and receive lighter sentencing.  The media and simple minded people like to to engender a controversy that Blacks are systematically victimized.  Simply not true. Sad that another productive man had to die at the hands of an antisocial thug. 

5 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

What are the chances? 

What a shame.

Guy probably thought his boss was a 'privileged' white!

Lived in Atlanta for 21 years. Call me the stereotypical southern stereotyping racist...but I suspected exactly such perps. In fact, would have put big money on it AND given odds. Sad story, but sadder still is that no one would have taken the bet.