• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:54 PM, Shot said:

This is an itemized updated list of things you need:

(please feel free to update or correct)

Completed TM7

Current photo

Letter of Income (from US Embassy) or Letter from bank and bank book showing required Baht

Copy of US bank, and Thai bank card, front only (required when submitting Letter of Income)

Foreign National Information Form, you can get here>> FOREIGN NATIONAL.docx

That is a nice clean copy from phuketjock

Pic of you in front of your residence with house number showing

Copies of:

Passport ID page

Two previous retirement extensions and the visa those are based on

Used re-entry permit from last extension (if you left the country)

Departure Card

Notification of Res.

All copies must have your signature

Also, despite you providing two pictures of yourself, they still take another photo on a mobile.

Anyone, apart from me, intrigued/concerned with what they do with this? 

admit the exteniosn was easy, in and out in june in 20 minutes

BUT the re enrty permit is a pain.

have to deal with the volunteers helping everyone. 50% of the people waiting did not do the paper work or have copies an did not speak english),  after ur number is called it took 45 more minutes of waiting to get the stamp ( while the guy that signs off keeps leaving the room for 10-15 minutes)

all in  over 1 1/2hours!!

On ‎14‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 5:25 AM, stevenl said:

They can make it a lot more inconvenient if they'd wish to do so. OP seems very happy with the provided service, but there are always others to complain.

I really hope their job description dont include "make it difficult for Foreigners if you wish to" but I wouldn't be shocked if it do. Btw, complain and realistic is two different things and its a step backwards to have to spend two days for something which three years ago was done before noon or if coming there late morning, pick up passport afternoon.

• 1 month later...

Notification of residence isn't the same as proof of address, is it? I think I have a notification of residence in my passport, from two years ago. However, I have since needed proof of residence twice and have had to go to Immigration each time for that. So, is my two-year-old notification of residence the thing I need for my retirement extension?

Secondly, is a bank letter essential when I can show them a bank book with 800k in it for three months? Then they can have a copy of the bank book.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Tapster said:

Notification of residence isn't the same as proof of address, is it? I think I have a notification of residence in my passport, from two years ago. However, I have since needed proof of residence twice and have had to go to Immigration each time for that. So, is my two-year-old notification of residence the thing I need for my retirement extension?

Secondly, is a bank letter essential when I can show them a bank book with 800k in it for three months? Then they can have a copy of the bank book.

Cheers

The notification of address in your passport is the one you need for a one year extension.

You need the two bank letters that are signed and chopped 100%. You won't get the extension without them. Make sure they also do the front page with your name on it. My bank is always forgetting that.

If you are doing the extension personally, I would take the bank book, too........just in case.

The notification of address in your passport is the one you need for a one year extension.

You need the two bank letters that are signed and chopped 100%. You won't get the extension without them. Make sure they also do the front page with your name on it. My bank is always forgetting that.

If you are doing the extension personally, I would take the bank book, too........just in case.

Did my extension recently, they did not want bank copy of statement, bank book not required, copy of front page bank book required, letter confirming balance required, credit card/debit card copy not required, they did want every extension copy, they did require a photo of me standing outside my house with the number showing, they definitely wanted 1900bht.

23 minutes ago, Tapster said:

@KB

"Signed and chopped" - what does that mean, please?

And what are the two bank letters?

Front page.....do you mean the front page of the bank book?

The two letters:-

One is every page in your bank-book and must include the front page.

The other is a statement from the bank stating that the required funds have been in the account for the required time. This is signed and stamped by the bank.

Better wait until badrabbit comes back as he reckons it's not needed now.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

1 hour ago, Tapster said:

<snip>

Notification of residence needs renewed ever 90 days. 

Proof of Address is only valid until you extension/stay date expires.

What you need is Proof of registration by your house master. This is processed by your land lord and most folks have no documented proof of that. Immigration check up in their data base at the time of your application. 

You should check that your land lord has actual registered you the last time you came back to your place of residence in Thailand.  

Edited by LivinginKata

@LiK

Well, we "own" a house and have a Blue Book.

I have an insert into my passport from two years ago which says "Receipt of notification" and this is notification of residence. The 90-day is different, I think

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

Proof of residence is what I meant. The bit in the back of your passport.

Wrong - it's proof of house registration by your house master and most people have no documented paper in their passport. This is all processed by your house master, or at least a supporting form signed by your house master.

Anyway, I'm preparing a list of what I think I need for my Retirement Extension and my South African wife's dependent extension.

I'll take it to Immigration to check it's correct, before my next visit to Immigration when I'll put in the applications.

I'll post back here when I know exactly what's what.

26 minutes ago, Tapster said:

@LiK

Well, we "own" a house and have a Blue Book.

I have an insert into my passport from two years ago which says "Receipt of notification" and this is notification of residence. The 90-day is different, I think

You might have a blue book but 'someone' as in the registered owner or house master must registered you at that house with Immigration on your arrival back at that house. It's a tricky to understand rule. Been caught out myself on my last extension. I had holidayed up in Chang Mai and the hotel had registered me there, thus my Phuket address was invalid.    

And the Notification paper is required every 90 days you stay in Thailand.

I repeat - there are 3 different requirement . Notification, Proof of Residence, and House Registration. Everyone, even a 1 day day tourist, must be registered the day they stay in a hotel or residence (by the hotel or house master). Notification is only for those on extension who can stay more than 90 days. Proof of Residence is only needed for those applying for a DL or registering a motor vehice. PoR is not required if you have a Work Permit or a Yellow Book (in the case of a foreigner) 

Edited by LivinginKata

3 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Wrong - it's proof of house registration by your house master and most people have no documented paper in their passport. This is all processed by your house master, or at least a supporting form signed by your house master.

Yes, that is what I meant. I'm having a bad hair day.

Regardless of so-called current requirements I would personally take along everything you might need. Last time I did the extension I needed bank book copies (last 3 months) bank statement and the letter stating the balance. Take them all, and even a copy of your ATM card. It's better to have too much than have to return again and again. Rules are changed on a whim.

Just now, madmitch said:

Regardless of so-called current requirements I would personally take along everything you might need. Last time I did the extension I needed bank book copies (last 3 months) bank statement and the letter stating the balance. Take them all, and even a copy of your ATM card. It's better to have too much than have to return again and again. Rules are changed on a whim.

And don't forget a photo of you standing in front of your address sign.  

As long as the information is current, the Notification of Res. does not have to be renewed yearly. I used the one from previous extension with no problem. That said, any current info Tapster gets will be much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Shot said:

As long as the information is current, the Notification of Res. does not have to be renewed yearly. I used the one from previous extension with no problem. That said, any current info Tapster gets will be much appreciated.

I assume you mean House Registration. Yes, it does not need renewed ... so long as you don't get registered some where else, like a hotel in Thailand while you are away from home, where the hotel is legally required to register to you at their hotel. Then your previous home registration is cancelled. Lot's of TV members have argued with me on that point, but I have the proof as my holiday hotel registered me, and when I applied in Phuket for my annual extention at my Phuket address, which did not match the last address on Thai Immigration database, my application for extension was refused. 

Edited by LivinginKata

27 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I assume you mean House Registration. Yes, it des not need renewed ... so long as you don't get registered some where else, like a hotel in Thailand while you are away from home, where the hotel is legally required to register to you at their hotel. Then your previous home registration is cancelled. Lot's of TV members have argued with me on that point, but I have the proof as my holiday hotel registered me, and when I applied in Phuket for my annual extention at my Phuket address, which did not match the last address on Thai Immigration database, my application for extension was refused. 

I think this comes back to "soup du jour". A few months before my last extension I stayed in a hotel for about a week, and they reported me. I went to immigration prepared to apply for a new HR, but it wasn't necessary and they accepted my old one. Not arguing with you, it's just one of those loopy holes so common with immigration.

Edited by Shot

• 2 weeks later...

A sad tale of TiT:

I went to Phuket Immigration today, armed with my questions about the retirement extension and my South African wife's "dependent's" extension.

Arriving at 12:30 I was third in the queue, at Room 103 on the ground floor. People who were collecting their completed visa extensions were let in at 13:00 and left rapidly. Those waiting for the processing of their retirement extensions were given a card, numbered 1, 2, 3 etc.

As I was here just to ask questions I wasn't given a card.

There was no friendly and helpful, English-speaking volunteer to check paperwork and answer questions.

Anyway, once inside Room 103, it was like a knock-out game show. Contestant number one was eliminated within two minutes by the brusque Immigration Officer because he didn't have proof of 800k THB for three months. Actually the Officer said he needed evidence for two months, and that the poor applicant should go away ASAP.

Contestant number two was eliminated in just over one minute, thirty seconds, for some infraction of the rules concerning the time of his application. The Officer's English wasn't good enough for me to understand what the problem was.

Then he asked for number three. Number three was filling in a form outside so I sat down and started to ask my questions. I had not brought my passport. The Officer said that if I hadn't brought my passport, he couldn't answer any questions. I persevered and the only solid information that I can report is that it seems that no Foreign National Information form is necessary for a retirement extension application (for that Officer anyway!). He wouldn't go into any other detail about my requirements.

I asked about the necessary information for my wife's application and was told that I needed a marriage certificate and "same same you" for everything else.

Great! The Officer waved me away and I didn't wait to see the fate of contestant number three.

So, I'm going to produce everything when I do my application and he can throw out what he doesn't need.

:saai:

2 hours ago, Tapster said:

A sad tale of TiT:

I went to Phuket Immigration today, armed with my questions about the retirement extension and my South African wife's "dependent's" extension.

Arriving at 12:30 I was third in the queue, at Room 103 on the ground floor. People who were collecting their completed visa extensions were let in at 13:00 and left rapidly. Those waiting for the processing of their retirement extensions were given a card, numbered 1, 2, 3 etc.

As I was here just to ask questions I wasn't given a card.

There was no friendly and helpful, English-speaking volunteer to check paperwork and answer questions.

Anyway, once inside Room 103, it was like a knock-out game show. Contestant number one was eliminated within two minutes by the brusque Immigration Officer because he didn't have proof of 800k THB for three months. Actually the Officer said he needed evidence for two months, and that the poor applicant should go away ASAP.

Contestant number two was eliminated in just over one minute, thirty seconds, for some infraction of the rules concerning the time of his application. The Officer's English wasn't good enough for me to understand what the problem was.

Then he asked for number three. Number three was filling in a form outside so I sat down and started to ask my questions. I had not brought my passport. The Officer said that if I hadn't brought my passport, he couldn't answer any questions. I persevered and the only solid information that I can report is that it seems that no Foreign National Information form is necessary for a retirement extension application (for that Officer anyway!). He wouldn't go into any other detail about my requirements.

I asked about the necessary information for my wife's application and was told that I needed a marriage certificate and "same same you" for everything else.

Great! The Officer waved me away and I didn't wait to see the fate of contestant number three.

So, I'm going to produce everything when I do my application and he can throw out what he doesn't need.

:saai:

The foreign national information form is for the most cases binned at Phuket Immigration until further notice.

If you need information about the current situation maybe it is a idea to send a mail to the volunteers as they respond normally within a day or so with the latest information. ([email protected])