‘I’ll be back’: Phuket's Governor Chamroen vows to return

snoop1130

‘I’ll be back’: Phuket's Governor Chamroen vows to return

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1473843846_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada identified the clearing of Surin Beach as his greatest achievement. Photo: Yutthawat Lekmak

PHUKET:-- Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada, who will leave Phuket to take up the post of Governor of Nakhon Sri Thammarat Province on October 1, has vowed to return.

“It is time for me to go to Nakhon Sri Thammarat. I will leave Phuket on September 30 to start work there on October 1. I will miss you all,” Governor Chamroen, a Phuket native who has served as Governor of Phuket since October 1 last year, told the press today (Sept 14).

“I have done the best as I can for people. Thank you for everyone for your support,” Gov Chamroen said.

Gov Chamroen repeated that he has a list of projects, including the Patong Tunnel project, that he wants to voice his support for directly with Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha during the Prime Minister’s visit to Phuket on Friday.

“I especially want to raise transportation and highway projects, as the road from Pa Khlok to Heroines Monument and a new road from Chalong to Patong,” he said.

“I would like to see these projects be approved. I will speak with the Prime Minister about it on Friday,” he assured.

Gov Chamroen identified the clearing of Surin Beach as his prime achievement while in office as Governor. “Surin Beach is at the top of my list of successes, as it has been transformed into a public area for the people,” he said.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ill-be-back-phuket-governor-chamroen-vows-to-return-59089.php#vIloeL4MGXVIr23M.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-14

“Surin Beach is at the top of my list of successes, as it has been transformed into a public area for the people,” he said.

Well, that's one way to put it.

Another way would be to say that it has been transformed from a rather nice spot into a place littered with rubble and general debris that no tourist in their right mind would want to visit now.

Hopefully Nakhorn Si Thammarat will not suffer quite as badly from their new governor's "successes".

Edited by fester the benevolent

Surin Beach is totally the result of the actions by PM Prayuth. The actually demolition took place under this guy, but little else. I don't see this guy accomplishing anything in the last year. Business as usual. No results. 

He definitely failed to make a tangible impression but stand  by for 'my visions for the future' and other complete fluff from the new gadger. Completely ineffectual position and very little if anything is ever achieved.

• 2 weeks later...