Link US Bank to Bangkok Bank

Bottom line: How can I find out the actual dollar amount that was sent to my Bkk Bank account, since it will show the money in baht?

Details: I initiated a link from my U.S. Capitol One account, to my Bangkok bank.  Two trial deposits (always under a dollar) will be sent to my Bkk bank account, at which time I will log back onto my Capitol One account, and submit the actual amount of the trial deposits, at which time Capitol One bank will authorize the link.  The problem of course is that the Bkk  deposits in my Bkk Bank book will be shown as baht, not cents, so I won't know the actual amount deposited.  I can already see the nut roll in going to Bkk bank and trying to discover what the cent amounts were.

Anyone had any experience with this?  Thank you very much in advance.

Paul

You will need to call (their call center number...calling your branch should work also...I just use the their main call center number) or visit your Bangkok Bank branch and ask them for the dollar amount "received."   I've done it a couple of times over the years when setting up transfer links like you are doing...by calling Bangkok Bank or visiting my branch.

Now something you should do is setup your account for "free" SMS Remittance which sends you a SMS whenever a foreign transfer posts to your account.  The SMS will tell the amount of currency received (foreign or baht), exchange used to convert foreign currency, the local branch receiving fee ranging between Bt200 to Bt500, and the final amount being posted to your account.   Now for ACH trial transfers such as you are asking about there is no local branch receiving fee.

Assuming you have a debit card issued with your account you can set the fee SMS Remittance up via phone call or at a Bangkok Bank ATM.  If it's a Bangkok Bank Direct Deposit account (no debit card with these accounts) you will need to go to your branch and ask them to set up the SMS Remittance.  See webpage below for details.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/SMSAlerts/Pages/SMSRemittanceAlert.aspx

Setting up this free SMS Remittance now will not help you will transfers already posted, but will for all future transfers.