Pattaya: E-Cigarettes Smuggled Through Line Application

webfact

E-Cigarettes Smuggled Through Line Application

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pat2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just after midnight, on the morning of September 15, Pattaya police arrested twenty-one year old Mr Panuwat Suban Na Ayutthaya and Ms. Pairin Robkwaen, who is thirty-five, after being caught in possession of eight E-Cigarettes and forty bottles of a fruit flavored drink.

They were detained at Soi Bongkoch in South Pattaya.

Serious crime squad officers had been previously tipped off that the pair were distributing the illegal cigarettes through a Line App and so cunning officers sent a message asking to meet after offering to buy the eight of them for 2000 baht.

When the suspects turned up to the rendezvous officers pounced and discovered the illicit goods hidden in a red backpack on their back seat of the car.

The male suspect is the son of a Police Colonel in the Royal Thai Police Force.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/231642/e-cigarettes-smuggled-line-application/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-16

This will be an interesting incident to follow,  Mr Panuwat Suban Na Ayutthaya, the son of a Police Colonel in the Royal Thai Police Force is the prime suspect. With a name like that and his fathers connections, I am sure that the regime will ensure a fully transparent investigation and should he be found guilty, he will be punished to the full extent of the law. NOT.

Edited by BigBadGeordie
Typo

Smoking E cigarettes is a healthier way of ingesting the legal drug nicotine for those who need it.  Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT.

But in their wisdom/greed the Thai government makes E cigarettes illegal because they miss out on the tax on normal tobacco cigarettes.

So much for this caring and humanitarian government and PM. When faced with the choice of people's health or money it is money that gets the nod.

When will this crazy policy end!!!!

Come on Thailand, for once do the right thing for the people.

Put a tax on them and allow legal imports then everyone is happy (except the powerful tobacco companies).

Or ban alcohol, cigarettes and everything else that is deemed bad for health.

Vaping is obviously better for everyone than smoking, so stop the hypocrisy.

2 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Smoking E cigarettes is a healthier way of ingesting the legal drug nicotine for those who need it.  Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT.

But in their wisdom/greed the Thai government makes E cigarettes illegal because they miss out on the tax on normal tobacco cigarettes.

So much for this caring and humanitarian government and PM. When faced with the choice of people's health or money it is money that gets the nod.

Totally agree to your point. However, in some countries, these are regulated due to the fact that the "Knock-off"s e-cigerates are poorly built and has exploded in many cases. Also much research is yet to be done on the ingredients used and their long term effects. But I don't know if that is the case here in Thailand. But again everyone knows how harmful cigarettes are and e-ciggerets are much healthier option ---- well almost everyone I guess.

Edited by Nepsydaz
Typo

3 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Like everywhere in the world!

3 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Unfortunately the Government Tobacco Monopoly (yes that is its title) has deemed vaping  a threat to their business model and ensured its ongoing listing in the banned items books. They are the ones pushing for the continued prosecution of shisha sellers too.

5 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

This will be an interesting incident to follow,  Mr Panuwat Suban Na Ayutthaya, the son of a Police Colonel in the Royal Thai Police Force is the prime suspect. With a name like that and his fathers connections, I am sure that the regime will ensure a fully transparent investigation and should he be found guilty, he will be punished to the full extent of the law. NOT.

Might be hard to follow. In all likelihood this entire case will very quickly become...fully transparent...and disappear from the public record. He won't need to waste valuable time seeing a psychiatrist, being treated for his  various addictions, becoming a monk or anything.

Edited by Hayduke

13 hours ago, petedk said:

I know the Line app is very popular and users can send pictures, voice messages and so on, but now users can distribute solid objects through the app.

Amazing!

Don't be silly, it's done with 3D printing.

I've just eaten a lovely pizza that arrived that way, no polluting delivery motorbike.

And I purchased it by "thinking" the money though an Apple "Paydream2" device.

Everything is so clever now.  Not at all like the old days.

14 hours ago, petedk said:

I know the Line app is very popular and users can send pictures, voice messages and so on, but now users can distribute solid objects through the app.

Amazing!

But not clever enough to stop me double posting.

Edited by Enoon

1 minute ago, Vinny1967 said:

So in E-smoking illegal in Thailand now or not ? .We're heading over next week but she says I can't take my E-cigarette cause I'll be arrested.Reading on the internet hasn't made me any wiser.It's all a bit unclear.

as far as I know it has never been legal.

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

as far as I know it has never been legal.

OK I understand that,but they're hardly gonna arrest me for it ................or are they.I'm sure there has been thousands of tourists with E-cigarettes roaming around LOS.Haven't heard about anyone being arrested.She said that thai people are in jail cause they were using E-cigs.