Hua Hin police patrols now fitted with helmet cams

rooster59

Hua Hin police patrols now fitted with helmet cams

police.PNG

Image:  Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn

HUA HIN:-- All Hua Hin  motorcycle police patrols are now fitted with high resolution cameras capable of recording for several hours. The miniature cams are fitted in officers' helmets.

A picture of the device was featured on the Facebook page of local journalist Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn who joked that the public better watch out if they are up to no good.

Though a poster on the same page called Anusara Pang countered in Thai: "We (the public) need to get one - so we can catch the police doing wrong".

Source: Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-18

11 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I wonder how many times they'll claim they don't work when something nefarious happens? :lol:

Like many others I use the ' low battery ' excuse when not answering phone calls etc. but that will pale in comparison to what the BIB will need to excuse.

Nothing on the cameras will be reviewed until something happens or there's a complaint etc. so it will be a CCTV moment, yes we have them but they weren't working at the time.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

So the police are finally coming into the 21st century!!!!

My camera did not work i forgot to charge it :clap2:

How am i going to manage????? Tea money taking a big hit.

How will i be able to support my mia noi??? pay for my new fortuner????

I think this is exaggerated, i don't know what it is like in BKK but in the country town i live nearby the cops don't seem to have a pot to pee in, they live in accommodation supplied by the state ( i wouldn't live there) and drive around on old motorbikes, never seen any cars parked where they live, it's at the back end of nowhere, dirt track, good as a short cut.

23 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

now they will be able to fine us for bribing them as well as they will have the whole thing recorded as we pay a discount for cash for our miss deeds.

is that not a positive step?

do not bribe and pay up the dues if any.