FBI says it's evaluating abuse allegations against actor Brad Pitt

webfact

FBI says it's evaluating abuse allegations against Pitt 
ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The FBI is gathering information about an incident involving actor Brad Pitt and his family aboard a private flight last week, the agency confirmed Thursday.

Spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said the FBI is still evaluating whether to open an investigation into allegations Pitt was abusive during the flight toward one of his six children with actress Angelina Jolie Pitt, as several media outlets have reported.

The news reports from anonymous sources contend the actor is under investigation by a child welfare agency because of the Sept. 14 airborne incident.

Amara Suarez, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, said the agency could not confirm whether it was investigating Pitt or the well-being of the former couple's children.

A representative for Pitt declined comment Thursday.

Jolie Pitt filed for divorce Monday and her lawyer released a statement the following day saying she came to the decision "for the health of the family." She listed their separation date as Sept. 15, the day after the alleged plane incident, and the actress is seeking sole custody of all six of the children.

A phone message left for Jolie Pitt's attorney Laura Wasser was not returned Thursday.

Koochiching County, Minnesota, Sheriff Perryn Hedlund told The Associated Press on Thursday that Brad Pitt was on a plane that landed at the International Falls, Minnesota, airport near the Canadian border on Sept. 14.

Hedlund said his sheriff's deputies were not called to the airport, and International Falls police were also not called.

"There's no incident whatsoever reported to law enforcement," Hedlund said.

He said he didn't know why the plane landed in International Falls, but said it's not uncommon for hockey players or other celebrities to stop at the airport.

Messages left with the airport's manager were not returned Thursday.

Pitt and Jolie Pitt — known as "Brangelina" — were together for 12 years but only wed in August 2014. They married privately at their French chateau in the Provence hamlet of Correns with their children serving as ring bearers and throwing flower petals. They announced the ceremony days later.

Their six children include 15-year-old Maddox, 12-year-old Pax, 11-year-old Zahara, 10-year-old Shiloh, and 8-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.

This is the second marriage for Pitt, 52, who previously wed Jennifer Aniston. It's the third for Jolie Pitt, 41, who was previously married to Billy Bob Thornton and Jonny Lee Miller.

In 2006, they formed the Jolie-Pitt Foundation, to which they funneled many of the millions they made selling personal pictures to celebrity magazines.

In addition to their philanthropy, much of their off-screen public image has been about their role as parents.

Although Jolie Pitt's divorce filing sought sole physical custody of their children, divorce experts say the actors will have to agree to a parenting plan or face a public custody battle in court. Both actors have, in separate statements, said their primary concern was their children and asked for privacy.

___

Associated Press Writer Amy Forliti in Minneapolis contributed to this report.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-09-23

And the Hollywood divorce allegations will continue for months as Pitt and Jolie maneuver for the best legal position "and best position in social media/press."    Hollywood at its finest.  I'm surprised their relationship (while unmarried and married) lasted as long as it did as many don't even last a year...but there are others that last a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_marriage

It's tough.  I feel mostly for Brad even tho I don't know any details of what happened.  My guess is he got pissed off at one of the kids, probably the eldest boy, everybody was shouting. Brad tried to maintain his disciplinarian stance.  Jolie went hysterical in her mother-hen protective mode, and finally shouted, "that's it. It's over. You're out of my life!"    Even if that scenario is close to what happened, there are still other factors that would have led up to that drama. 

I've been married in California to spirited women.  There are some differences and some similarities between what I went thru years ago, and and what Brad must have been going thru lately   I'm not a big fan of his, but I feel for what he may have been going through, as the man in the family, butting heads with a spirited wife like Jolie.

Unless there is persistent psychological abuse or serious physical abuse then the state should not be involved in family affairs.  There is far too much interference these days in family relationships altogether.  Of course if a child is subject ot serious abuse then the child must be protected but the bar is way way too low at the moment.  The press should leave the family to work through its difficulties and I hope both Mr Pitt and Ms Jolie find a happy compromise so their children will be able to respect both parents from what seems the unavoidable outcome. 

9 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

Unless you actually have some inside info, how could you possible know that?

it appears you are blind to nuance, i said it seems she is playing dirty, not that she IS playing dirty.

language can be tricky. 

3 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

It's tough.  I feel mostly for Brad even tho I don't know any details of what happened.  My guess is he got pissed off at one of the kids, probably the eldest boy, everybody was shouting. Brad tried to maintain his disciplinarian stance.  Jolie went hysterical in her mother-hen protective mode, and finally shouted, "that's it. It's over. You're out of my life!"    Even if that scenario is close to what happened, there are still other factors that would have led up to that drama. 

I've been married in California to spirited women.  There are some differences and some similarities between what I went thru years ago, and and what Brad must have been going thru lately   I'm not a big fan of his, but I feel for what he may have been going through, as the man in the family, butting heads with a spirited wife like Jolie.

Yeah! I think you are pretty close to being bang on here. The only detail missing here was that Brad was after quite a few drinks, so the argument (maybe with his wife) probably started out in France before they left and just continued on their flight back home. 

Who I feel sorry for is actually both of them and their kids because of their celebrity status. Any incident like this gets out to the press right away and the next day the whole world knows about it.

Child Protection Services don't seem to give a hoot, or do anything about, some child's parents where he has a drug addict mother and an alcoholic father, that beats them everyday. But when they are a big name celebrity they come rushing to there door the very next morning. Hell! Either of those 2 can adopt me any day and regardless what the Child Protection Services say. 

Also, since when does the FBI get involved in someone disciplining there kid on an airplane? This is the first time I ever heard of that. But if you are of this big celebrity status all the rules are enforced or changed. 

Give them some time apart and see what happens. If I got a Divorce every time I got drunk and pissed off at my wife I could never remain married.   

3 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Nice to know the FBI has cleared up all that pesky terrorism, espionage, and crime stuff and finally has time to work on the things that really matter.

Yup.

Here we have an organization that spent less than a 10th of the time and manpower investigating 9/11 than it has done Hillary's emails now applying resources investigating whether a Dad was shouting at his kids. The US really need Trump as President, just to put the icing on the cake. Build that wall. If Trump promises to go all the way around I will start a crowd funding page for it. That should save the mexicans some

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Now that she has his wallet on the hook for those children she doesn't have a need for him. Most any father with 6 kids is gonna yell at one of them sooner or later.

Well, actually Jolie has earned hundreds of millions of dollars on her own so I don't think she is what we call broke. Since they have been together in 2004 they earned about $555 Million Dollars and since they have been married in 2014 about $117 Million. So far this year Brad has earned $31.5 Million Dollars, so I don't see Child Support being a problem for either of them. 

If there is going to be any kind of a battle over material things it might be over their properties. They own property in L.A. and New Orleans, as well as New York and a Castle in France worth about $60 Million Dollars. Jolie earned about $240 Million and Brad about $315 Million, so a 50/50 split wouldn't hurt too much. But who gets what for houses may have sentimental value and thus might not be something a person can easily part with. Or the kids!   

Child abuse is handled at the local/state level.   The FBI would not be investigating the voracity of any complaint, but would be reviewing whether or not any federal laws were broken since the alleged abuse occurred in the air.   It's not even clear if his actions were in the air or if it all happened on the ground.

Child abuse, unless it is severe and requires something such as medical attention are generally handled in the juvenile and family court systems.

Anybody can report any suspected abuse or neglect of a child to the local authorities and they are mandated by law to investigate.  

So, no the FBI is not busy with a divorce.  

16 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Wow we have a psychic on TV

FBI agents are people, too.  It's not hard to imagine one of them had a chance to meet a celeb up close and overstepped his/her mandate a little bit.  Or that one (or more) got goat-roped into a situation carefully designed to inflame public opinion of one party in the divorce or the other.

Problem is, once the press gets a hold of it, you either have to back track quickly, or keep weaving the tangled web that justifies federal involvement in what looks like a domestic squabble.

Interesting that the allegations of child abuse investigations initially came from an anonymous source.

I go along with most that brad was being a 'father' & providing discipline for their teenage girl, (as rich & spoiled as they must be), and that moma hen came in with her feminist, PC viewpoint that says a raised voice resulting in crying or 'emotional distress' is ABUSE.  maybe he found out she was 'a woman' now or had an STD.  not easy with any amount of money.

17 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Unless there is persistent psychological abuse or serious physical abuse then the state should not be involved in family affairs.  There is far too much interference these days in family relationships altogether.  Of course if a child is subject ot serious abuse then the child must be protected but the bar is way way too low at the moment.  The press should leave the family to work through its difficulties and I hope both Mr Pitt and Ms Jolie find a happy compromise so their children will be able to respect both parents from what seems the unavoidable outcome. 

True. Would the state be involved if Joe the plumber shouted at one of his kids? They would be doing nothing else.

IMO someone wants to be on tv as "spokesman" about the case. It's how they get to move up the ladder.

Edited by thaibeachlovers