Report: Yet another trouble free Non-O multiple entry from Savannakhet 21/22 September 2016

3 minutes ago, transam said:

We bring in one carton each...:thumbsup:

Sadly, the Thai guy from Phiboon moved to another place. I was so used to ERA ( the red ones) and a carton for 100 baht is more than fair. 

Not too long ago it was easy to buy a lot of them in Chong Mek, but the cops did some controls from time to time.

It's still possible, but that's against the law and we want to pay our taxes, right, Mr. Trans? 

Edited by lostinisaan

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

I need to go to Savannakhet and get a new Non O. My permission to stay runs out on Monday.

In order to avoid the morning rush across the bridge we have decided to take a casual approach and go on Sunday.

Just checking that the Lao visa on arrival office is open all day on Sundays.

Thanks.

If you pay in dollars it is extra on Sat & Sun, not sure about extra paying in baht..

Don't forget your ORIGINAL marriage certificates, guy got turned away this Monday...

1 minute ago, jimbob333 said:

Is this visa still available without the 400,000 Baht in the bank?

I have a 60 day non-0 extension that's due to finish this month.Would it be possible to do it this way for a year?

Cheers

Yes, key issue is ORIGINAL marriage certificates....

4 minutes ago, jimbob333 said:

Is this visa still available without the 400,000 Baht in the bank?

I have a 60 day non-0 extension that's due to finish this month.Would it be possible to do it this way for a year?

Cheers

Hi mate yes no money in bank needed.

Documents as stated in OP. Embassy in morning day one hand in docs and 5000bht, Next day after 2pm go pick up passport. Can make it last 17 months using 60 day extensions.

5 minutes ago, jimbob333 said:

Do I have to take Condo rental agreement for proof of where I live in Bangkok?

You are married yes?? Documents needed are in the first post. You will not need rental agreement and 5he documents listed

Marriage cert original and copy (signed by both I belive)

Copy wifes house book  and ID card signed by mrs

Copy your passport picture page.

Some say take a recent Kor ror 2.

You can download an application form of here in pinned section.

13 minutes ago, jimbob333 said:

Do I have to take Condo rental agreement for proof of where I live in Bangkok?

You are married yes?? Documents needed are in the first post. You will not need rental agreement and 5he documents listed

Marriage cert original and copy (signed by both I belive)

Copy wifes house book  and ID card signed by mrs

Copy your passport picture page.

Some say take a recent Kor ror 2.

You can download an application form of here in pinned section.

J

1 minute ago, jimbob333 said:

Yeah I am married and thanks for the advice.Guessing no need for 90 day reports if you have to leave the country every 90 days anyway?

Sorry for double post no 90 day report but after 90 days you can get a 60 day extension at immigration 1900 bht so leave country every 5 months and if you go out day before visa expires you get  17 months out of it

Could someone please describe the options for travelling over the bridge, and then from the Laos border to the consulate (and also the return trip)? I have been there once before but ended up with a tuk-tuk that charged Pukhet  prices from the borer to the consulate.

41 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Bus over the bridge then bus to savanaket 10 mins walk back to consulate. You can get a taxi from thai side over costing two arms and a leg. Bus is best bet.

Good one, but the main question with this scenario is, will the bus wait for you, while you get processed on your Visa on arrival at the Laos side ?

Maybe another member can confirm this ?

Edited by MJCM

20 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Good one, but the main question with this scenario is, will the bus wait for you, while you get processed on your Visa on arrival at the Laos side ?

Maybe another member can confirm this ?

The bus doesn't always wait.  Just wait for the next one.

I've had no problem during the last few crossings I've made.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hathairat2711 said:

The bus doesn't always wait.  Just wait for the next one.

I've had no problem during the last few crossings I've made.

Thanks for this.

So, if you want to do this make sure you hit the border on time (read: early) so you get to the Consulate before 11am and thus able to hand in your application else you are stuck in ZVK an extra day.

Edited by MJCM

As I can't be doing with all the hassle and rush and squeeze I'm going over a day early. Taking pick up over have all my paperwork done and following a well set out procedure from another Thai visa member with lots of great tips from MJCM. Will be able to travel around a bit at least.was going to stay in new aura Residence but as Avalon is or was when I booked the same price but with breakfast thrown in I plumped for them.

3 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

As I can't be doing with all the hassle and rush and squeeze I'm going over a day early. Taking pick up over have all my paperwork done and following a well set out procedure from another Thai visa member with lots of great tips from MJCM. Will be able to travel around a bit at least.was going to stay in new aura Residence but as Avalon is or was when I booked the same price but with breakfast thrown in I plumped for them.

Avalon residence doesn't include breakfast although there is a cafe next door.