Report: Yet another trouble free Non-O multiple entry from Savannakhet 21/22 September 2016

37 minutes ago, kanook said:

If you say so, but please tell me why the cancellation fee on your booking is $31?  This equates to 1082 baht, a very common price that comes up when using booking.com, at genius level, to reserve a standard room with breakfast. 

Mainly because that is not the booking. I used that as an example to show another poster that the Avalon do breakfast. If you notice I asked for a room in the new building!!!! It's easy to book then cancel. Plus I would never put my real dates of leaving my home empty on the internet you never know who is looking, !!! Even on an anonymous forum. Which is point proved.

40 minutes ago, jimbob333 said:

My Non Expires Friday,But like I said I cannot get two days off to go to Laos,so if I do a one day border run to Cambodia and get 30 days.Can I then in the next 30 days convert this in Laos to a Non o visa again?

Getting a visa exempt entry will have no effect on you being able to apply for a non-o visa.

There is no conversion of any type done since your entry ends as soon as your leave the country.

Hi All

I'm due for a new multi Non O, last one I got was in Sydney.... I have a Australian marriage certificate that was excepted in Australia with no issues......... will this "non Thai" marriage certificate still be fine in Savannakhet?

3 minutes ago, ozzy111 said:

Hi All

I'm due for a new multi Non O, last one I got was in Sydney.... I have a Australian marriage certificate that was excepted in Australia with no issues......... will this "non Thai" marriage certificate still be fine in Savannakhet?

If the certificate is written in English it will be accepted ! :smile:

• Like 1

Is it possible to stay in Mukdahan, cross to Savannaket to put in visa application, return to Mukdahan the same day, then go back to Savannaket the following day to collect visa? 

I have to apply for a new non O and was considering a road trip with the family (kids on school holidays) instead of fly/van with nok air by myself. Question is does the Laos visa allow entry/re-entry for the period it is valid? Or would I be charged for another Laos visa on the second entry? My existing non immigrant O visa would still be valid when i returned to Thailand after submitting application in Laos.

Has anybody done this? Would be driving from Sth East side of Bangkok. Assume it would be about 6-7 hour drive? 

Thanks in advance. 

7 minutes ago, hotchips said:

Is it possible to stay in Mukdahan, cross to Savannaket to put in visa application, return to Mukdahan the same day, then go back to Savannaket the following day to collect visa? 

I have to apply for a new non O and was considering a road trip with the family (kids on school holidays) instead of fly/van with nok air by myself. Question is does the Laos visa allow entry/re-entry for the period it is valid? Or would I be charged for another Laos visa on the second entry? My existing non immigrant O visa would still be valid when i returned to Thailand after submitting application in Laos.

Has anybody done this? Would be driving from Sth East side of Bangkok. Assume it would be about 6-7 hour drive? 

Thanks in advance. 

No, you will not have a passport..

15 minutes ago, hotchips said:

Thanks in advance. 

As said the overall answer is no since you will not have your passport because the consulate keeps it so they can put the visa sticker in it.

What not take the entire family with you to Savannakhet. Since they are all Thai they would get a visa exempt entry if they have passports and if no passport they can get a 3 day border pass for less than 50 baht.

Didn't think about that, did I...

Thank you, gentlemen, for pointing out the obvious (to some). :)

I had discounted the idea of taking the family as assumed the visa costs would be high. Wife is Thai and 2 kids don't have thai passports yet, only australian. (have thai birth certificates but haven't got around to getting their passports yet). Maybe I would have to pay for a visa as they would be travelling on their australian passport? Obviously they don't have thai I.D. card either.

So it is that cheap for wife and kids to go through?  I imagine getting the car through is complicated? I will google the latter.

Thanks again.

Edited by hotchips

6 minutes ago, hotchips said:

Didn't think about that, did I...

Thank you, gentlemen, for pointing out the obvious (to some). :)

I had discounted the idea of taking the family as assumed the visa costs would be high. Wife is Thai and 2 kids don't have thai passports yet, only australian. (have thai birth certificates but haven't got around to getting their passports yet).

So it is that cheap for wife and kids to go through?  I imagine getting the car through is complicated? I will google the latter.

Thanks again.

.I have all details of getting car through seems straight forward. You have to go to your DTO to get a car passport easy to do there then there are good threads on here detailing what to do when at border

Edited by Deepinthailand
To add link
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hotchips said:

They can get border passes that will allow them to stay in Laos for the 3 days for about 50 baht. There is an office to get them on the left just before the gates for the bridge. 

Not sure it is worth the trouble to get a passport for your car to take it across the bridge for a short stay and if it is financed you cannot take it across. There is secure parking in the same area as the office to get the border passes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ace of Pop said:

Can I safely use the 1mill I've left in a Thai Bank for Fun Then go to this place and get my 1year marry ext.Seems to good to be true to me.What if they went back to normall rules would Zero Cash be accepted then once I'd blown an extra mill on my next car for example?.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You can't get an extension there....:stoner:

Thanks Ubonjoe and Deepinthailand. 

Yes it may be easier to leave the car at the border for a one night stay in Laos. If we get there early enough i can submit the application and then collect the following afternoon after 2pm i assume.

So the kids would be able to get border passes even though they only have Australian passports? I am just wondering how they can get a border pass as a thai with out a thai passport or ID card. 

And the border passes are issued at the bridge? Sorry for all the questions. I went there last year for the same purpose, but i travelled alone and didn't take much notice of the layout. 

Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, hotchips said:

Thanks Ubonjoe and Deepinthailand. 

Yes it may be easier to leave the car at the border for a one night stay in Laos. If we get there early enough i can submit the application and then collect the following afternoon after 2pm i assume.

So the kids would be able to get border passes even though they only have Australian passports? I am just wondering how they can get a border pass as a thai with out a thai passport or ID card. 

And the border passes are issued at the bridge? Sorry for all the questions. I went there last year for the same purpose, but i travelled alone and didn't take much notice of the layout. 

Thanks again.

All you need for the children is their birth certificates and a copy of their house book registry to get the border pass. 

The border passes are done at an office on the left just before the gates for the bridge.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

On behalf of a friend he wants to know if consulate in Savannakhet will be open on monday the 24th I know it's a thai holiday but there Web site doesn't say closed or not

It will be closed. They don't keep their calendar updated. I use Vientiane's. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/embassy/calendar.php

• Like 1

A bit left field here. Having handed in paperwork and passport to consulate and your off on your merry way waiting to check into your chosen hotel. I presume like thailand your supposed to show your passport to hotel so they can register an alien guest. How when your passport is in the consulate. Do they accept a photocopy???