Report: Yet another trouble free Non-O multiple entry from Savannakhet 21/22 September 2016

24 minutes ago, houstoniron said:

Is the Aura Residence part of the Avalon I found the Avalon on google maps but not the Aura

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Right next door but I would say it's nor as good as it's made out to be. We are on 2nd floor wifi is terrible television doesn't work. Cafe still not open. Good location and room size ok. Good job dtac works o er here. Wouldn't recommend this one will go pilgrims kitchen Inn next time.

1400 passport pick up is it first come first served?????

Yep. Some people get there at 13:00 just to be first in line. If you get there at around 2:30-2:45 you just can walk up and collect your passport. Picking up is just a matter of seconds, give your queue number, they look it up, ask your name and off you go with the passport.

Hi all,

having just read the threads regarding the changes in getting non o visas at perth and in the uk, do you think it now looks likely that from november 1st Savannakhet would only issue single entry non o visas based on marriage )and not multi entry) and that the financial proof would be required? I was planning a trip there on the second week of november so may need to change my plans. many thanks for all input.

25 minutes ago, tdm said:

Hi all,

having just read the threads regarding the changes in getting non o visas at perth and in the uk, do you think it now looks likely that from november 1st Savannakhet would only issue single entry non o visas based on marriage )and not multi entry) and that the financial proof would be required? I was planning a trip there on the second week of november so may need to change my plans. many thanks for all input.

Savannakhet is a official Thai consulate. The consulates mentioned in those topics are honorary consulates.

No worries about Savannakhet not doing the multiple entry non-o visas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

arrived at the consulate in savannakhet on 9/11/16 at 10am, time in queue was just 2 minutes. Took the officer another 2 minutes to process my documents, take the fee of 5000 baht and give me the ticket to return the next day.

Arrived back at the consulate at 10/11/16 at 2.10pm, time in queue was about 10 minutes and passport returned to me with new non o multi based on marriage inserted.

Documents required were a copy of my passport, a signed copy of wife's id along with a signed by her copy of the housebook, and original marriage certificate and registration along with a copy of each, and to confirm, no financials were required.

The staff were very friendly and efficient and security allowed me to park my big bike on the lawn just beside the entrance which was a very nice touch. I entered and exited via the chong mek border and again found only very friendly and professional staff and i was given a new 90 day entry stamp without issue on 12/11/16.

• Like 1