Moonlighting cop in a taxi drowns in klong after going the wrong way at a U-Turn

rooster59

Moonlighting cop in a taxi drowns in klong after going the wrong way at a U-Turn

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuqvhSybKHTED7DtTGLoTusvTJH3cEyWB2Iy9LdU.jpg

Image: Thairath

SARABURI:-- A cop involved in police training died after the taxi he was driving ended up in a klong in Saraburi.

Witnesses saw him driving the wrong way under a U-turn bridge. He swerved to avoid another car, hit a power pole and ended up in the water.

His cries for help were in vain as swirling waters from an open dam swallowed him up and he drowned at the scene.

The drama happened in the Nong Khae district of Saraburi on Friday. Witness Ormsakun Khampirawong, 44, was driving towards Saraburi when he saw the blue taxi going the wrong way under the bridge at high speed.

A car came in the correct direction and to avoid a collision the taxi swerved, snapped a power pole in two and went head first into the Rapheephat Klong.

Ormsakun jumped out of his vehicle to help and saw the driver frantically waving for help in smashing the window. But it was too late - the fast moving water claimed the taxi and driver in moments.

A local official had to be called as foundation workers and frogmen were unable to get the vehicle out as a nearby dam had open its sluicegates. A local official had to contact the dam to get them to close the gates before they were able to extricate the Bangkok registered taxi.

Inside was Jirayut Suksaeng. His police ID found in the car indicated he was aged 40-45 and worked at the Police Training Bureau in Bangkok.

Local police surmised that Jirayut was moonlighting as a taxi driver to get extra money and did not know that the road was one way.

An investigation is underway.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-01

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

It says he worked at the Training Bureau but that doesn't mean he was actually involved in training, lots of other jobs to be done.

A cop, who was himself trained, I hope, would have known better...even if he was just employed at the Bureau to mark attendance!

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

It's not sick.........and of course, the mandatory RiP.........he was a police trainer....supposedly, he knew what he was doing....he <deleted!> didn't obviously have a clue.......the state of training...it's comical!

Nothing in this story is Comical or Hilarious....  It is Ironic...  but some of the posts identify those who are lacking in any form of empathy and who's vocabulary is very short on suitable adjectives.... 

Back to the Story - What a horrible way to go...  just imagining the panic is awful... 

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nothing in this story is Comical or Hilarious....  It is Ironic...  but some of the posts identify those who are lacking in any form of empathy and who's vocabulary is very short on suitable adjectives.... 

Back to the Story - What a horrible way to go...  just imagining the panic is awful... 

Very very difficult to feel empathy to a victim of the Law of Karma, especially when the victim had thought he was the Law (of men)...

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

It's not sick.........and of course, the mandatory RiP.........he was a police trainer....supposedly, he knew what he was doing....he <deleted!> didn't obviously have a clue.......the state of training...it's comical!

I see your class on Morse Code is going well.  When do you start learning dashes?

Condolences to his family for their loss.

31 minutes ago, micksterbs said:

Darwin would be proud... 

Darwin would be scratching his head, wondering what line of evolution he had missed.

By the way, witnesses  say he was driving at speed, on the wrong side of the road, all I can say is, glad no one  else was involved, when a cop drives like this it's understandable why so many otbers drive so poorly.

29 minutes ago, trogers said:

Very very difficult to feel empathy to a victim of the Law of Karma, especially when the victim had thought he was the Law (of men)...

People are focusing on his job in a one-sided 'Schadenfreude-tinged' kind of way. As if cops are not human after all. Not hard to feel empathy if you just see him as a human being.

Not sure the term "victim" fits in this context when we all create our own lives through our actions.

8 minutes ago, mrdome said:

People are focusing on his job in a one-sided 'Schadenfreude-tinged' kind of way. As if cops are not human after all. Not hard to feel empathy if you just see him as a human being.

Not sure the term "victim" fits in this context when we all create our own lives through our actions.

He was a trained professional. That's his job - to enforce the law, and not break it.

If the victim driver is a mental case, my reaction would be different...

1 hour ago, Sakeopete said:

I would be sceptical on the statement that he may not have known he was driving the wrong way, Thai's do it often knowing full well it's the wrong way. 

And as reported "at high speed".

You would be hard pressed to make up some one these stories.

Thank goodness none of us has ever done anything that could be viewed as illegal or poorly thought out- possibly as a result of exhaustion from working several jobs..  

It seems that makes it perfectly acceptable to revel in the tragedy of another- who left behind a family who are grieving.

Edited by impulse

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

Thank goodness none of us has ever done anything that could be viewed as illegal or poorly thought out- possibly as a result of exhaustion from working several jobs..  

It seems that makes it perfectly acceptable to revel in the tragedy of another- who left behind a family who are grieving.

I have yet to see a tired Thai trucker or tour bus driver speeding down the wrong side of a dual carriage way...

The most I have heard was to steer into opposing traffic, or some poor soul on the correct side of the road.

15 minutes ago, trogers said:

I have yet to see a tired Thai trucker or tour bus driver speeding down the wrong side of a dual carriage way...

The most I have heard was to steer into opposing traffic, or some poor soul on the correct side of the road.

Possibly true, but the interesting thing is that every time I read people ridiculing the Thais for doing something stupid in traffic, within a month I'll see a white guy (or several) doing exactly the same thing.  Because they can get away with it here.

Admittedly, it probably won't be a white cop driving a taxi, but I'd bet all the money in my wallet I'll see a white guy driving the wrong way under a U-turn bridge within the next month.  I'll probably only notice him because of this thread.