SURVEY: Is Immigration becoming too intrusive?

SURVEY: Is Immigration becoming too intrusive?  

430 members have voted

1. 1. SURVEY: Is Immigration becoming too intrusive?

• Yes, they are becoming too intrusive and the 'bad' guys will find a way around it.
    • No, they are not and it will help to weed out the 'bad' guys.

This poll is closed to new votes

SURVEY:  Is immigration becoming too intrusive?

In the recent past, immigration has appeared to be more intrusive into the lives of foreigners residing in the Kingdom.   In a recent report, foreigners were asked to complete questionnaires which asked for detailed information.   There are also proposals to track activity on social media, sim cards and other activities.   In your opinion do you believe that immigration is becoming too intrusive and do you believe it will help to weed out the 'bad' guys?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Below is a link to a recent story:  

Did you read my post?  It was really a tiny post.  It said they already have all the information for retired guys so why ask again?  The answer?  Harassment.  

Read it and still disagree with the term Harassment [emoji13]

What would you call making me fill out paper work twice that you already have the answers to and dumping said paperwork in an inactive file that no one ever reads or refers to?  

You need to get out more and travel around a bit, same in many other countries, your not being singled out for more repetitive paperwork just because your here [emoji4]
  • Like 1

Wrong!
By questioning foreigners about everything and storing these data the foreigners are classed as potential criminals.
Even if you always do the right thing, if there is a crime committed it is so easy to choose a "victim of justice" and building the case around him, or her.
Cannot be done, you say?
Well, history shows otherwise.

Same in your own country, government knows more about you than you know yourself.
  • Like 1

Just now, Mbaki said:

You need to get out more and travel around a bit, same in many other countries, your not being singled out for more repetitive paperwork just because your here emoji4.png

Why?  I am being singled out for more repetitive paperwork because I live here.  I don't live anywhere else.  Thailand is the only country that makes me do repetitive paperwork.  I should know I do it.  Why would I need to travel to find out Thailand want's me to fill out repetitive paperwork.

3 minutes ago, Scotwight said:

Why?  I am being singled out for more repetitive paperwork because I live here.  I don't live anywhere else.  Thailand is the only country that makes me do repetitive paperwork.  I should know I do it.  Why would I need to travel to find out Thailand want's me to fill out repetitive paperwork.

You will recall, I'm sure, the quotation from Catch 22:   Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Scott said:

The only place I have been that was more intrusive was probably in Syria, many years ago.   There I had to report to the police every two weeks, but it was very quick.   They just wrote the passport down and said 'thanks.'   Finished.  

So every 90 days isn't so bad after all.

Just now, OMGImInPattaya said:

So every 90 days isn't so bad after all.

90 days is a headache.   The 90 days some times has to be done at specific locations.   We have employees who must take a day off work to do the 90 day if they are married to a Thai and have a non-O visa.  

In Syria, I just had to show up at any police station anywhere with my passport.   I filled out nothing.   They just checked my passport and said 'thank you'.   If I was late there was no fine.  

I also said that it was the only place more intrusive than Thailand.