Chinese Tour Bus Rolls Into Our Private Road

LivinginKata

14 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Absolutely, but what does that have to do with a bunch of random Chinese showing up at the condos?  Point is, what does the law say about having "friends" stay at your condo whether they are reported or not if the tour group rents out the condo for 3 months? Raise you hand if you truly believe that these tour groups are reporting on their Chinese tourists that are here for 4-5 days.

Rent your place to them and you will probably get busted, Hey I feel bad for you, as you are stuck between a rock and a hard place at no fault of your own. I doubt you will get relief but I sure hope you do. What a nightmare. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You haven't said why having Chinese staying in your street, not even in your building, is a problem.

Why is it a problem?

I never commented that it was a problem for me. As I previously explained the OP was just an observation at the coach tours moving into a residential street. Something to prvoke discussion ... which it has.

"Property devaluation" - doubt it if the condos are making a good rental income. 

Edited by LivinginKata

2 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Stop looking out of the window all day you won't see them then

Brilliant! I suppose you would like them pulling up your Soi and dropping off 50 Chinese tourists staying at what could be illegal property rentals? I know I wouldn't... I'm sure one could hear them, even if one wasn't looking. A bus load of Chinese are hard to ignore, unless you're profiting from an illegal "hotel". 

34 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

Brilliant! I suppose you would like them pulling up your Soi and dropping off 50 Chinese tourists staying at what could be illegal property rentals? I know I wouldn't... I'm sure one could hear them, even if one wasn't looking. A bus load of Chinese are hard to ignore, unless you're profiting from an illegal "hotel". 

I would not be bothered one little bit. Would not impact on me. One thing I'm not is stuck up. Live for today stop worrying what other people are doing. You might stay stress free you never know

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I never commented that it was a problem for me. As I previously explained the OP was just an observation at the coach tours moving into a residential street. Something to prvoke discussion ... which it has.

"Property devaluation" - doubt it if the condos are making a good rental income. 

"Property devaluation" - doubt it if the condos are making a good rental income." - I meant, devaluation to your property.

Maybe your quiet road is not quiet anymore, thus, making it less desirable to the market.

18 hours ago, steelepulse said:

I can't disagree with you on any points, but we both know that the tour groups won't report these people and nothing will be done.

Actually if you report them to the Hotel Commission they will be on it like rabid dogs. The hotels are losing a fortune to these private condo lets/airbnb/chinese tours and they don't like it.
Cops won't do a thing, hotels will.

16 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

"Why on earth would you visit another country to buy home produce and dine at your home style restaurant?" - because they get a very cheap holiday, under the proviso they stay / spend in Chinese owned businesses.

Also familiarity, it's no different than American tourists who come to LOS, then only eat in McDonald's and drink Budweiser.

Film it and call the police. Also take pictures of the police so you know who you talked to.

Whether over the phone of in person, take names. People/officials tend to do a better

job when they know you can identify them by name and a picture is that much better.

Also send the clips to the hotel association. They will know who's chain to pull to

stop residential condos being rented out short-time without a hotel license. :coffee1:

Edited by Ulic

21 minutes ago, Ulic said:

Film it and call the police. Also take pictures of the police so you know who you talked to.

Whether over the phone of in person, take names. People/officials tend to do a better

job when they know you can identify them by name and a picture is that much better.

Also send the clips to the hotel association. They will know who's chain to pull to

stop residential condos being rented out short-time without a hotel license. :coffee1:

Then buy an underground bunker. Or better still leave thailand as you will be about as popular as snake shit. Take photos of the police attending yer right oh. Excuse me Mr thai policeman I'm just going to take your picture so I can report you if you don't do your job properly, now when I say properly I mean my way of properly not the Thai way. I am so superior to you and you know this so do as I say. Some people are so stuck up its not real ring this hotline or ring that hotline, don't let them do this or that. Get a life gentle men who's being hurt here !!!!! Non of you for sure.

Well, if they are there for less than 30 days its illegal so get a Thai to report them. Think of all the officials that could get in on the finger pointing for so many busts at once.

Local Gov't seem happy to bust Chinese involved local companies at the moment so its a good time to strike.

On 10/2/2016 at 11:20 PM, Deepinthailand said:

I would not be bothered one little bit. Would not impact on me. One thing I'm not is stuck up. Live for today stop worrying what other people are doing. You might stay stress free you never know

My house is on a very little road, a bus won't fit down it. My neighbor is a school bus driver, when it was a dirt road he could park it at his house, now they've paved it, his bus can't make the turns on the road and has to park it at the temple. So I'm not personally affected, but tour buses full of Chinese are going down small sois and are affecting neighborhoods. I know a Thai restaurant that's been there forever, won't serve the bus loads of Chinese dropped of at the boat tour center a few doors down from them. Many people are sick of it. So glad to hear you're above it all...

4 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

My house is on a very little road, a bus won't fit down it. My neighbor is a school bus driver, when it was a dirt road he could park it at his house, now they've paved it, his bus can't make the turns on the road and has to park it at the temple. So I'm not personally affected, but tour buses full of Chinese are going down small sois and are affecting neighborhoods. I know a Thai restaurant that's been there forever, won't serve the bus loads of Chinese dropped of at the boat tour center a few doors down from them. Many people are sick of it. So glad to hear you're above it all...

Pretty sure we're all sick of the hundreds of buses clogging up roads, sois, highways and parking spots, not too mention double parked outside of convenience stores engines running, belching diesel fumes.  All of us except for the handful of businesses that benefit from this horrible demographic.

On 06/10/2016 at 8:44 AM, steelepulse said:

Pretty sure we're all sick of the hundreds of buses clogging up roads, sois, highways and parking spots, not too mention double parked outside of convenience stores engines running, belching diesel fumes.  All of us except for the handful of businesses that benefit from this horrible demographic.

Now as I live about 100 meters above from the foot of a hill and before that is a bent, I tell you with all these hundreds of buses passing it reminds me of a DC 3taking off. As the DC 3's were used even in the 80's in Africa, I still remember the noise.