Govt refuses to discuss Bt21m bill for charter flight to security meet in Hawaii

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Publics urged to ride dam bicycles. Funny that. Double stanards much..

Good to see the 2.5m just in tax i paid for my last car that i was forced to sell anyway is going to good use. Dont see many other people paying tax at all.

Still best get rid of these pesky questioning farang and there hard earned money that only a select few get to enjoy while all my neighbours are currently under water. Good going guys. Your really ontop of making this such a great country. Pat yourselves on the back some more.... Why invite the security threat to the meeting anyway?

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Could they not have flown for free on the national carrier?

They did fly for free.  When you have all the marbles, you can do what you want.  Same trough but with unelected, unaccountable pigs.   Feel terrible for the Thai people.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

I understood, maybe wrongly, from the article, that they chartered the plane and crew from Thai. And kept it on the ground ready to bring them back.

The costs look "interesting" especially the food & drink (how many went and did they eat all meals on the plane while they were there?) and the catchall "management costs.

Same same  but different. Deja vu.

Remember during major protests when the YL govt was in post and the ' war room ' was opened it was reported that Chalerm and Tarit were ordering in food and wine from a five star hotel etc ?

Some things never change and when the public are paying it's ' fill your boots ' !

Another example of a total lack of accountability and don't they know it !

Edited by NongKhaiKid

2 hours ago, jabis said:

Yeah if you want to link one of the high costing private charter planes to the mix - hell you can even _buy_ a reasonably fresh plane with capacity to house the 38 people, with the costs incurred here :D 

EDIT: just to note - we aren't in Kansas dorothy

hahaha tell that to the government, no need to get cute with me

31 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

They did fly for free.  When you have all the marbles, you can do what you want.  Same trough but with unelected, unaccountable pigs.   Feel terrible for the Thai people.

The majority have sat back and watched all this develop....why feel terrible?

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The bill breakdown is:

Plane rental - 3,835,200 baht

Fuel cost - 10,776,000 baht

Food and beverages - 600,000 baht

Ground service operations - 2,636,400 baht 

Other expenses - 3,106,200 baht

I wouldn't want to be the chap who heads the department which published these details. He'll be getting a pair of socks as a retirement gift.

Thats about 150,000 gallons of fuel, must have missed a few turns or had a moon layover.

16 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

6thcavreg.jpg

I doubt the translators would be that concise in their job and he probably doesn't have an inkling that relates to horses historically?

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

These highly busy junta ministers can't even spare 1 hour transist time in Narita like other ASEAN ministers. No direct flight must be one of the most pathetic excuse I have heard among many other pathetic excuses. 

Actually most of the ASEAN civil servants and ministers are in the same boat ....lol

Just back in June Malaysia's first lady was slammed for flying a private charter taking off from a military airport to received an award in Turkey!

Singapore is the only clean country in ASEAN, the majority of the rest ASEAN members are not any better

10 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Actually most of the ASEAN civil servants and ministers are in the same boat ....lol

Just back in June Malaysia's first lady was slammed for flying a private charter taking off from a military airport to received an award in Turkey!

Singapore is the only clean country in ASEAN, the majority of the rest ASEAN members are not any better

Yes sir. The Lee family never made a bean.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Not in this they ain't, much anyway.

Ms Yingluck was trying to buy several planes "for exclusive government use" whilst in post. The Junta need to get more ambitious than just chartering.

The Junta has ordered two Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft, at 34 Million USD each. These two aircraft have been delivered and put in to commission. Pretty sure these aircraft do not have the range to make it to Hawaii.

Two Sukhoi Superjet 100LR put in commission

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha Wednesday chaired an official ceremony to put two Sukhoi Superjet 100LR planes in commission in the Royal Thai Air Force.

The ceremony was held at the Don Mueang Military Airport at 9:30 am. The two planes were put in commission at the Wing 603 base.

As part of the ceremony, Air Force chief ACM Trithot Sonjaeng reported to Prayut that the two planes will be mainly used for transporting Royal Family members and VIPs and other air transportation.

The planes were purchased under the Cabinet resolution on October 22 2013 and under the budget of the PM's Secretariat.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Two-Sukhoi-Superjet-100LR-put-in-commission-30294176.html

30294176-03_big.jpg

30294176-05_big.jpg

30294176-01_big.jpg

23 minutes ago, HoboKay said:

I doubt the translators would be that concise in their job and he probably doesn't have an inkling that relates to horses historically?

Oh, I'm sure General Prawit Wongsuwan, Defence Minister and former Commander in Chief of The Royal Thai Army, graduate of  Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy, is well aware of the symbol behind him in the picture and is also aware of their history. No translation needed. Just a little levity on such a serious matter.:smile:

18 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Its the cleanest amongst the lot but doesn't mean it's not tainted.

It takes exceptional authoritarian planning and execution over decades to achieve its current state, its sublime. 

I meant the often unspoken false probity most don't see, not the beautiful artificial island state.

26 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Rosmah Mansor , the first lady of greed and de-facto PM of Malaysia. Wouldnt be long before Najib voted out and we see the last of this witch. Wish we can vote this government out. 

9 hours ago, Alive said:

These folks are shysters. Every day their abuse gives the people one more reason to take to the streets and remove them.

The people are too busy watching soaps, ego-masturbating on social media, getting drunk on chang/lao and last but not least mai bpen raiing 24/7.

5 hours ago, natway09 said:

TG  do not fly to  Hawaii but there are 3 or 4 perfectly good A340,s available for Thai Airways to lease or charter

Isn't there a little problem with records of maintenance with them, which may preclude them flying into US airspace?

4 hours ago, KKr said:

The high ground cost puzzles me, may the plane had to be reconfigured ??

Oh I would imagine that the chartering process had to go through a number of hands before the final bill was paid. These costs do add up you know.

26 minutes ago, Gainsbourg said:

People get the leaders they deserve... 

You could say that if they had the leaders which they had selected.

The Thai People get the leaders that are forced upon them.

39 minutes ago, Gainsbourg said:

People get the leaders they deserve... 

11 minutes ago, JAG said:

No JAG, in this case I think Gainsbourg's observation is closer to the truth!

unnamed.jpg

14 minutes ago, JAG said:

Not really. If they truly dont like it they can put the country at halt/stop directly... many leaders have fallen because the people stand up. The thai dont care for real... again. In the end the majority only wants soaps.food.smartphone.facebook.etc...