Military orders all boat trailers at Bali Hai pier in Pattaya moved out by tomorrow 

webfact

Military orders all boat trailers at Bali Hai pier in Pattaya moved out by tomorrow 

db1780c6f92c57ba9423ee5fa535165b-wpcf_72

PATTAYA: -- Boat operators parking their boat trailers at Bali Hai pier in South Pattaya are given until October 5 to remove their watercrafts out of the public places, or else they will face forced eviction, or seizure of their vehicles.

The ultimatum was given after a combined force of soldiers, police, Bang Lamung district officials, marine officials, city officials yesterday inspected Bali Hai pier to follow up progress of the parking system at public places along both sides of the beach road around Phra Tamnak hill where boat trailers have taken up vehicle spaces, prompting complaints of a lack of parking places for other vehicles.

Authorities met and discussed the ultimatum with the boat operators with warning of strict enforcement of law if their boat trailers are still seen at the places tomorrow.

Parking at Bali Hai pier has attracted the attention of the military in September following numerous complaints of trailer boats taking up all parking spaces at the Bali Hai bay.

The military surveyed the place and found the poor parking system there, particularly the occupation of parking spaces by boat operators.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/military-orders-boat-trailers-bali-hai-pier-pattaya-moved-tomorrow/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-04

I'd swear sometimes someone in government is reading my posts lol

Clear them out of the whole area for good, like I said in a post yesterday the place is a stinking hole that should have been developed into a beauty spot, the area is contaminated with oil and fuel spillage and is quite frankly a disgrace.

Find a place further down the coast towards Laem Chabang and  relocate them and make them pay for it, they've been making enough money ripping off tourists for years, they should be well able to buy some land and build a boat yard to operate from.

Wrong approach.    

Just start charging for parking.....by the hour.  Any vehicle welcome.  As long as they pay for parking.

Impound any boats that don't pay up and sell them at auction.  Two (or more) birds with one stone.

Where are they going to park all the boats now ?
The marina was supposed to house them but was never used and is now derelict....they'll probably park them on the fly over and road underneath it causing even more chaos.

23 minutes ago, johng said:

Where are they going to park all the boats now ?
The marina was supposed to house them but was never used and is now derelict....they'll probably park them on the fly over and road underneath it causing even more chaos.

Under is already full with boats.

This is GREAT NEWS. I don't care if the antisocial blighters all go bankrupt. They destroyed the walkway to the lighthouse. The article doesn't mention if they have to remove them from that road as well, but I hope so.

The problem started years ago when the big boats that were moored in Pattaya bay were replaced by the speedboats. The first time I came to Pattaya I was amazed at how many boats were in the bay. Hardly any left now.

The few speedboats there were had to be trailered down Beach Rd and launched at the ramp somewhere along it. I don't remember exactly where. Caused massive congestion in the morning and evening.

When they opened Bali Hi, the speedboats moved there. Certain people must have made a fortune in parking fees.

1 hour ago, joepattaya1961 said:

great job.....and now there will be enough parking for the tour buses and cars of people who are out on Koh Larn.

Unfortunately now the full automatic parking will be found not needed any longer :)

I hope they'll make a park there to replace the one lost to the stupid parking building, but I suppose that is like wishing for a sexy girl to offer to go home with me for free- not going to happen!

1 hour ago, Borzandy said:

I promise I go to see this move tomorrow. I would like to see how all these trailers illegally occupying these public lands for many years will be able to move.

I think under the protection of soldiers, the local scrap collection guys will make short work of cutting them up and removing them from the site if given the scrap free of charge.

Wasn't the now derelict marina supposed to solve this? 

Yes the marina was supposed to be a high tech one that lifted the speed boats out of the water overnight..but just like the robotic car park it was never used 730 (odd) million baht down the drain.

Under is already full with boats.

When they opened Bali Hi, the speedboats moved there. Certain people must have made a fortune in parking fees.

For as long as I can remember the boats where parked on the big tarmac forecourt in front of the Waterfront building....they where moved for new years/Christmas to the strip of land under the Pattaya City sign,
In recent year's the number of speedboats seems to have at least doubled so they spread all along the road up to the "lighthouse"

3 hours ago, smedly said:

the area is contaminated with oil and fuel spillage and is quite frankly a disgrace.

Wonder how long it will take to clean/dig out the oil spill/sand.

They can set up a refinery there.

Clear them out of the whole area for good, like I said in a post yesterday the place is a stinking hole that should have been developed into a beauty spot, the area is contaminated with oil and fuel spillage and is quite frankly a disgrace.

Find a place further down the coast towards Laem Chabang and  relocate them and make them pay for it, they've been making enough money ripping off tourists for years, they should be well able to buy some land and build a boat yard to operate from.

yes as I rode my bicycle along this road this morning I thought about your other  post because I was shocked at the transformation that has happened since Sunday.

After reading the original post now I can understand why it's all happened but this morning it was unbelievable to see most of the rubbish has been removed and all the trailers parked off the road were almost perfectly aligned with space in between them !there were still a few along the roadside but not half as many as before

Edited by Asiantravel

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Wrong approach.    

Just start charging for parking.....by the hour.  Any vehicle welcome.  As long as they pay for parking.

Impound any boats that don't pay up and sell them at auction.  Two (or more) birds with one stone.

top idea. wish i was in pattaya to go look and see if they are gone by thursday. must be an eye sore for the beautiful condos behind the car park. wonder if they are still going to get built.

it is uncanny  how fast man learns to abuse a system to his advantage. if the car park is meant for cars then the yacht owners should not be abusing the system and parking their trailers in areas meant for car parking.

prompt action by the authorities to correct the situation is a step in the right direct and should be lauded.

relocation  is the right step but it should be smooth and orderly and suitable alternative facilities should be provided at the new location.

2 hours ago, Borzandy said:

I promise I go to see this move tomorrow. I would like to see how all these trailers illegally occupying these public lands for many years will be able to move.

Birzandy looking forward to your feedback on the efficacy of the planned move.