Gas Stations Allowed To Be Open Round-the-clock

george

Ok...my meetings on Samui at 9.00am

Stations open at 6.00 OK?

So no matter what time I leave I can't do more than 450 km of the 800, which leaves me 3.5 hours (averaging 100kmph, which isn't likely as it's 10 over the limit!)to get to the ferry and cross over and then get the meeting, so which ever way you look at it plaanning or no planning I have to sit and twiddle my thumbs waiting to refuel.

appointment in Koh Samui at 9 am? Tell your grandma...there is no one on Samui available that early in the morning! :o

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

atlast good sense prevails . actually i didnt understand the logic behind keeping the petrol stations closedbetween 10 to 5. it made the lines at gas stations longer and i think actually it didnt save any petrol. WHY DONT THEY SHUT ALTERNATE LIGHTS AT THE EXPRESSWAYS I THINK THAT WILL SAVE THEM A LOT MORE ENERGY THAN HARASSING CITIZENS WITH ABSURD RULES. PLEASE GIVE IT A THOUGHT THE MOTORWAY FROM BKK TO CHONBURI , EXPRESSWAYS IN BANGKOK ARE ALL DAZZLING WITH LIGHTS EVEN IN THE WEE HOURS OF NIGHT.

You think they thought of wiring it that way when I found and electric socket installed 30 cm. above my bathtub?

From One Ridiculous Rule to another.

Can someone tell me why when you buy a new car in Thailand you cannot drive it after sunset because of its red number plate, I got stopped at the toll gates on the motorway last weekend on the way home to Pattaya (from BKK) and I had to park my car and wait till sunrise or pay the guy and under-the-clipboard fine.

When I buy a new car, I want to drive it all hours, just like the pick-up that has a white plate and is so old and bent out of shape that a scrap yard would reject it.

Can someone explain the rule behind this - as they promote - Amazing Thailand

Stupid red plates, been driving for 27 years and they treat you like a new driver limiting your driving hours and provincial border crossings when buying buy a new car, why don't they just let you transfer your old plates? :o A scam benefiting the plate manufacturer?

Don't try to change the rules, change your own procedure. If I was to buy a new car today, I would ask them to keep my car in their stock park until they have the real license plates. Then give me a call and I go to get my new car with normal plates. :D

Well........if that's what it takes to save the world. So what.

One of the downsides of the night time closures though was the huge proliferation of roadside whisky bottle petrol vendors. Ever so slightly unsafe!

I dont understand WHY closing at night cut down on petrol consumption, but apparantly it did. So thats a good thing in my view.

Well, imho there might be a little statistically blurring while counting the consumption; all the small vendors had to buy gasoline at daytime to sell it at nighttime... :o

Reading an article in Wednesday's Post, I was a bit bemused by whichever official was being quoted as saying that the 10pm closing was being stopped as it had proven to be ineffective at reducing consumption, but the large billboards at petrol stations stating the early closing time were being kept up as they had been effective at reducing consumption. Er...perhaps something got lost in translation...

Personally I think it was a daft idea anyway. Encourage more fuel-efficient engines by offering tax concessions, and hike the tax on fuel.