Myanmar man accused of four murders

rooster59

Myanmar man accused of four murders

THE SUNDAY NATION

30297226-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK:-- POLICE will soon submit a 20-year-old Myanmar man identified only as “Bung” or “Jimmy”, who was arrested on Friday for allegedly murdering three homeless people in Pathum Thani’s Thanyaburi district last week, for a psychiatric examination to determine if he is mentally ill, city police chief Lt-General Sanit Mahathaworn said yesterday.

Bung has admitted to being the person filmed on a surveillance video taken close to the scene of one murder but has denied killing anyone. 

The man was arrested on the side of Kamphaeng Phet Road in Chatuchak district on Friday and gave confusing testimony to police during an interrogation that lasted for hours, Sanit said.

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-09

The only thing this poor soul possibly has done is walk through a CCTV camera, time of deceased and the walk through time should cover that, however as we have just discovered that if you wring someone's neck you can kill a person, so I don't hold much hope for a proper autopsy, the other discerning fact is he is Burmese, as the RTP have proved incompetence time and again this make for a quick result.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:bah:

Anyone think this might be the true story ...

• Senior official : "Clean up the streets. All these homeless people are bad for our image".
  • Lackeys: Get rid of a few homeless people.
  • Senior official: "Find a scapegoat for these recent murders".
  • Lackeys: Perfect, a Burmese, another homeless person off the streets, and he was even in the area when one of the murders took place.

38 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Anyone think this might be the true story ...

• Senior official : "Clean up the streets. All these homeless people are bad for our image".
  • Lackeys: Get rid of a few homeless people.
  • Senior official: "Find a scapegoat for these recent murders".
  • Lackeys: Perfect, a Burmese, another homeless person off the streets, and he was even in the area when one of the murders took place.

And off they go with the conspiracy theories... :saai:

20 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Here we go again, A Burmese guy is walking past a cctv an hey presto the RTP hav got their man. He's guilty case CLOSED.  Next.

How much longer can this country get away with all this bullshit?  ???

Ah, but following a long "interrogation", he also confessed. What more evidence do you need?

2 hours ago, AleG said:

And off they go with the conspiracy theories... :saai:

I wonder, why that is?

Must be something about the quality policework, thr RTP have shown in so many cases: Koh Tao, the Erawan Bombing, the August 12th bombings...

Oh...I forgot: you are one, who actually believes all the BS, they feed to you!

Well...let's see...

We have a Burmese man - who might well be mentally challenged.

RTP: "Is that you on the CCTV- footage?"

B: "Yes, sir!"

RTP: "Did you murder these people?"

B: "No, sir!"

RTP: "I think we have our guy!"

Of course the know-it-alls in TV will decide that they already have all the information they need by reading a headline and rehashing their prejudices.

They don't need to read the full article and see what else is there, like a witness seeing the arrested man tying up one of the victims, or that the man was a suspect for a previous murder of the same nature, or that another witness placed him near the scene of the crime.

No sir, not necessary at all to become informed before spouting off about how they have it all figured it out already, it's all another grand and elaborate conspiracy, case closed.

Ooooooh, they have an eye- witness!

That clears it up then, I guess!

Only: eye witness evidence is deemed the weakest of all evidence.

And is it possible, the glorious RTP dreamed this eye- witness up?

Nooooo...

Note: I am NOT saying, this is the case!

I am just taking E_VE-RY-THING the RTP offer with a huuuuuuge grain of salt!

Just now, DM07 said:

Ooooooh, they have an eye- witness!

That clears it up then, I guess!

Only: eye witness evidence is deemed the weakest of all evidence.

And is it possible, the glorious RTP dreamed this eye- witness up?

Nooooo...

Note: I am NOT saying, this is the case!

I am just taking E_VE-RY-THING the RTP offer with a huuuuuuge grain of salt!

No, what you are doing is trolling.

3 hours ago, chainarong said:

The only thing this poor soul possibly has done is walk through a CCTV camera, time of deceased and the walk through time should cover that, however as we have just discovered that if you wring someone's neck you can kill a person, so I don't hold much hope for a proper autopsy, the other discerning fact is he is Burmese, as the RTP have proved incompetence time and again this make for a quick result.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:bah:

So they will label him insane, then no , motive required.

1 hour ago, realenglish1 said:

Hey I have an idea BUILD A WALL between Thailand and Myanmar then you can keep the murders and drug dealers out of Thailand

Novel Idea don't  you think ?

Yes good idea I think. The government has already announced their intention to build a wall on the Malay/Thai border so why not build one on the Thai/Myanmar border as well. They  could possibly get a small discount for a second wall and i'm sure the "well connected" tenderers will be smiling all the way to their overseas bank.

Edited by Brer Fox

You have the alleged murderer. You have the victims bodies.

With such an emphasis on DNA being used (it seems exclusively in some cases) to solve crimes here, this should be a walk in the park.

Lets see how you get on with this. 

The BP is reporting another homeless lady has been killed only last night. The poor lady (RIP) had her hands tied, and was stabbed and bludgeoned several times in the same way that other victims were.

I am even more skeptical now as to whether this Burmese guy was involved in any of the killings, and am leaning towards a convenient patsy (it certainly wouldn't be the first time). However I hope this series of killings does get investigated and tried fairly, but I have my doubts it will