‘Hidden political agenda’ behind Hawaii scandal

rooster59

‘Hidden political agenda’ behind Hawaii scandal

THE SUNDAY NATION 

BANGKOK:-- MOST people questioned in a new survey believe the controversy concerning Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan’s recent Bt21-million chartered-flight trip to Hawaii was triggered by a hidden political agenda.

The Super Poll compiled people's opinions on the allegedly lavish trip in which Prawit led his entourage to Hawaii for an informal US-Asean defence meeting, as well as the Yingluck government's ongoing rice-pledging scandal. 

When asked what they thought about the controversy, 58.9 per cent said it was a political gambit aimed at attacking Prawit, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha's deputy.

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-09

Yes, all blame should be heaped on "he who must not be named", and whoever leaked the passenger manifest needs to "chaired" or "socked".

Deflect, deny, obfuscate, confuse. Actually quite sophisticated psyops. Some of these ISOC chaps are now in leadership positions.

LOL....most respondents really gave a "deer in the headlights" type answer....then the survey folks made up some answers/stats.  

I'm more amazed everyday at the surveys accomplished in Thailand....just amazed.

Most respondents, 64.4 per cent, said they were satisfied with what they heard at Thursday's joint press conference involving the government, the Ministry of Defence and Thai Airways International, where the parties sought to provide details the trip. But another 35.6 per cent said they were disappointed. 

When asked what they perceived to be the trip's objectives, 44.8 per cent said it related to national security, and 22.4 per cent said protecting the nation's interests on various issues such as human trafficking, terrorism and Asean security.

Another 18.9 per cent said strengthening ties with the US, 7.2 per cent said building security cooperation and 6.7 per cent answered it was to do with travel. 

3 minutes ago, ddavidovsky said:

A proper poll showing how many people actually fall for this type of propaganda would be interesting.

I may be mistaken, but I've lived in LOS for 12 years and I don't think I've ever seen Thais looking more unhappy and angry. I get a real sense of a pressure-cooker. I don't think I'd be Prayuth or Pravit for quids; their tenure may not be quite what they think it will be.

LiD

Let's take a look at the answer choices on that piece of paper:

Do you think there was

1) a hidden political agenda behind the Hawaii scandal

2) a hidden political agenda behind the Hawaii scandal

3) a hidden political agenda behind the Hawaii scandal

4) a hidden political agenda behind the Hawaii scandal

answer:

Edited by klauskunkel

15 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Let's take a look at the answer choices on that piece of paper:

Do you think there was

1) a hidden political agenda behind the Hawaii scandal

2) a hidden political agenda behind the Hawaii scandal

3) a hidden political agenda behind the Hawaii scandal

4) a hidden political agenda behind the Hawaii scandal

answer:

Erm, too many choices. Could we cut it down to just 1 or 2? It's just that I went to a Thai uni, and a 4-question multiple choice question only offers 20% of being right for a random choice. 50% would be better - and easier to be right.

LiD

Edited by LifeInDorset

9 minutes ago, LifeInDorset said:

Erm, too many choices. Could we cut it down to just 1 or 2? It's just that I went to a Thai uni, and a 4-question multiple choice question only offers 20% of being right for a random choice. 50% would be better - and easier to be right.

LiD

I understand where you are coning from. But if you look closely, I stacked the deck. :blink:

2 hours ago, LifeInDorset said:

There we go. 'How to lie your socks off lesson 1': If you're catching a kicking for doing something stupid, try to divert attention away to the motives of someone else...

It works sometimes.

LiD

Exactly.

Why would anybody care what the motivates behind triggering this scandal are?

They should focus on te scandal and how to avoid it happening in the future, the motivation for triggering it should be the last on the list.

But the idea, of course, is how people will perceive it in the near future.

Instead of seeing it as evidence of corruption and blaming Prawit for lying, they will remember it as "opposing political motivates caused this scandal".

Edited by Bob12345

10 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Exactly.

Why would anybody care what the motivates behind triggering this scandal are?

They should focus on te scandal and how to avoid it happening in the future, the motivation for triggering it should be the last on the list.

But the idea, of course, is how people will perceive it in the near future.

Instead of seeing it as evidence of corruption and blaming Prawit for lying, they will remember it as "opposing political motivates caused this scandal".

You might be right, but most people here have the attention-span of a goldfish and only enough brain-power to remember the last thing they were told - if it wasn't too long ago and wasn't too complicated. Which I guess is why it works sometimes.

LiD

Edited by LifeInDorset

Word has it that Praywit,sent one of his underlings to the police head quarters and congratulate 'Steve Mcgarrett' on his fine work in apprehending so many criminals every week in his show.

Yes! boys and girls and gentle readers,he actually thinks the man exists.:cheesy:

Any sort of political agenda that does not originate with the Junta has to be hidden doesn't it?

An important step on the road to revolution is the forcing of opposition "underground".

This compels the establishment, development and perfection of covert networks which then prove  useful in the following stages.

Maybe the Junta haven't read the book.

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Dang. I thought the PM wanted to root out corruption and all that. Concerned citizen was just doing his civic duty and helping PM reach his goal.

And he was being innovative which should also please the PM.

I notice that it was an informal US-Asean defence meeting which probably meant there was no roll call of attendees and was held on a "show up if you're not too busy" basis.

Is there any evidence that anyone actually attended this informal meeting. Sure bet they would likely respond with the claim that everyone attended everyday but they can't confirm that for security reasons imposed by the US. 

2 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

So 9 VIP meals and the rest were normal in flight meals and snacks and some drink's at a nothing to see here perfectly ok we had noodles price of 600,000. Baht for food.

AOG needs to be looked at if they say this is ok...

I am pretty sure the food would have been better than the Wednesday morning TG465 to Melbourne.  Dinner....very early breakfast.....was chicken in an Indian style curry with snow peas and rice.....hard to eat so I gave up after 3 pieces of chicken and a little rice.   Breakfast.....morning tea?.....was even more disgusting!

Mini Thai styled rolled omelet, a disgusting chicken sausage turned me off so it went back to the galley untouched!   At least the fruit and yogurt was palatable.

6 hours ago, LifeInDorset said:

There we go. 'How to lie your socks off lesson 1': If you're catching a kicking for doing something stupid, try to divert attention away to the motives of someone else...

It works sometimes.

LiD

Socks and lies -- interesting parallel!   Chokes me up!

If The 'political agenda' was right......... then they were right...........

That was definitely selfish and without conscious to squander tax payers money like that....

These Hiso  (Army/ Gov't personnel)   who are not Hiso enough to squander their own money but will live it up on the poor farmers tax money...........

Hiso = High class Thais (or those who try to appear high class, but are really Loso but want to be Hiso)

Loso = Lower class (or common folks who don't try to fool anybody)

Anybody can make claims as to the survey, but as normal around here --- the respondents either were mislead or the real percentage is but a fraction of that percentage published.

If political opposition brings attention to somebody who did wrong and they are correct about somebody doing wrong then if somebody ' really' did wrong -- THEY ARE WRONG --- No matter who brought it out in the open..........

I love Thailand and the 'good' Thai people, and I don't like the people in higher position living the good life at the expense of the hard working, working class. This current 'bunch' is not any better than the Taksin/Yingluk clan who would have bled the working class Thai to death -- something like what is happening now.

Everybody has a right to their opinion.... This is only my humble opinion