Takeaways: Trump aggressive, Clinton steady in tense debate

webfact

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's too late for anyone else to win. I get the feeling the GOP has decided this one belongs to her, and just want to save their own place at the trough.

Carson Pence would get my vote. I wouldn't want a holy roller to be president, but Carson would be excellent.

I'm surprised that no one has brought up Trump's snuffling yet.

I think most in the GOP sees the Presidential election as a losing cause.  But with a Pence/Carson ticket, they can lose with dignity...as well as a better chance of maintaining a congressional majority.  Not so with Trump.

As for the sniffling....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2016/10/09/donald-trumps-sniffling-continues-here-now-are-the-possible-causes/#2d84a6c91fe4

Just now, Ulysses G. said:

Not sure about that, but at least he WON the debate. :smile:

If so, better get the pictures of his glorious moment framed to put on your mantle, because apart from this one moment, he will be thankfully forgotten like a bad dream by the GOP, and even faster by the rest of us.

7 minutes ago, stander said:

Going into this debate, Trump was left for dead, but tonight he showed the world he has the temperament to be one of our greatest Presidents. 

Maybe not 'great' but definitely someone who isn't bought and paid for like Crooked.

It's pretty obvious that Trump has given up trying win undecided voters and is now just pandering to his alt right base.  

The most notable thing to me is we now have a presidential candidate from a major party that has said on national television he will put his opponent in jail if elected. That is truly a first.

TH

Just now, JHolmesJr said:

Maybe not 'great' but definitely someone who isn't bought and paid for like Crooked.

We do get it, those of us who are heavily vested in the current system of a functioning government and global world order (both Republicans and Democrats), how the deplorables and rest of the radical Trump supporters saw this as a seminal moment (no pun intended), and a chance to grab back a country they thought out of their control. Now though, it's time for them to think about how they can integrate back into the community. Either that, or think about armed insurrection.  If so, this is the right demographic to have the guns. :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Didn't watch the debate, but from clips I just saw, Trump was prowling around the stage like a cornered animal. I do give him credit for coming out punching, though of course he relied on his usual shallow analysis and rhetoric. 

Clinton looked calm, analytic, in command and Presidential. Trump looked, as I said like a wounded animal, which he is.

We'll see who scores it a win for either side, my impression is that it was basically a mud sling-fest and probably a draw or maybe Clinton won slightly, but it doesn't matter even if Trump won he is still finished.  Justifiably. 

Its funny how 2 people can look at a person and see 2 completely different things. 

Clinton looked cynical, rehearsed, patronizing, condescending, misleading, and weak. Not a presidential at all. Chin held high with a nice patronizing smirk. 

Trump got her in this one. 

1 hour ago, thaihome said:

It's pretty obvious that Trump has given up trying win undecided voters and is now just pandering to his alt right base.  

The most notable thing to me is we now have a presidential candidate from a major party that has said on national television he will put his opponent in jail if elected. That is truly a first.

TH

Is that not where she belongs?

She should have been there looooooong time ago IMO.

Trump was preaching to the choir. He said all the right things to press his supporter's buttons, and I'm sure they'll all be calling this a win.

However, he desperately needs to win votes outside that group, and he did nothing to do so. He rambled incoherently at times, interrupted, wandered around like a confused old man, and worst of all avoided the question on multiple occasions. He might have bolstered his base, but nothing more, and at this stage in the race that's a lost opportunity - and time is running out.

Edited by SoiBiker

6 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

We do get it, those of us who are heavily vested in the current system of a functioning government and global world order (both Republicans and Democrats), how the deplorables and rest of the radical Trump supporters saw this as a seminal moment (no pun intended), and a chance to grab back a country they thought out of their control. Now though, it's time for them to think about how they can integrate back into the community. Either that, or think about armed insurrection.  If so, this is the right demographic to have the guns. :thumbsup:

Good lord man. I see you can't let go of "Deplorable" even though "Hill" had to apologize for it. 

Some of you guys and the division you like to create is so asinine 

11 minutes ago, thaihome said:

TH

You make it sound like she didn't do anything wrong. You know its not like that. 

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even I thought he was toast and should drop out. Has to be one of the greatest comebacks in US political history.

So what do you attribute your admiration for this buffoon? The drug culture of the 1960's? A lifetime of alcohol addition? The mental capacity of a 4 year old?  

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

Good lord man. I see you can't let go of "Deplorable" even though "Hill" had to apologize for it. 

Some of you guys and the division you like to create is so asinine 

Unlike Hilary, I'm not running for public office, so I don't have to apologize for an accurate depiction of a large percentage of Trump's base. 

10 minutes ago, thaihome said:

TH

Can you all stop saying Trump said things that he didn't. Appointing a special investigator to find out the truth about the e mails is not the same as saying he would jail her. He wouldn't have that power.

If HRC is as innocent as you guyz all claim she won't go to jail.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can you all stop saying Trump said things that he didn't. Appointing a special investigator to find out the truth about the e mails is not the same as saying he would jail her. He wouldn't have that power.

If HRC is as innocent as you guyz all claim she won't go to jail.

He said that, if he were President, 'You'd be in jail'.

Just now, pegman said:

So what do you attribute your admiration for this buffoon? The drug culture of the 1960's? A lifetime of alcohol addition? The mental capacity of a 4 year old?  

I have always said that I support him to keep her out of office. That's as far as it goes.

If I had any admiration, it would be his ability to make DDG daughters.

Insulting me personally says more about you than me and is flaming.

4 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Unlike Hilary, I'm not running for public office, so I don't have to apologize for an accurate depiction of a large percentage of Trump's base. 

But creating more divide is completely ok and calling half of the US population deplorable is fine.

Gotcha

Edited by Strange

15 minutes ago, thaihome said:

The most notable thing to me is we now have a presidential candidate from a major party that has said on national television he will put his opponent in jail if elected.

She should be there already. He will just make sure that the DOJ does its job for a change.

1 minute ago, Ulysses G. said:

She should be there already. He will just make sure that the DOJ does its job for a change.

There's a DISGUSTING bias. Totally UNAMERICAN. You've CONVICTED her before charges and trial. It's only because you hate her. BUSTED. 

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

But creating more divide is completely ok and calling half of the US population deplorable is fine.

Gotcha

Lies! You know perfectly well she didn't do that. Do you think you can get away with such a blatant lie and have people buy it? Very trumpian. Perhaps it's an infectious disease.

6 minutes ago, pegman said:

So I guess we are name calling now? 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
7 minutes ago, Strange said:

Gotcha

Lies! You know perfectly well she didn't do that. Do you think you can get away with such a blatant lie and have people buy it? Very trumpian. Perhaps it's an infectious disease.

Riiiiight, excuse me, HALF of trump supporters or roughly 82,000,000 americans are Deplorable. 

More lies! You don't understand how American election work, do you? Wow. 
Again, do you think people here are so stupid as to  believe trump has 160 million supporters?

Back to school and come back when you have something credible to say. 

Edited by Jingthing

I know wearing an American flag pin is not mandatory for presidential candidates or politicians for that matter, but it is what every one does, it just to show patriotism. 

This is the second debate she has not worn some sort of American flag pin, she used to a long time ago, has something changed?