Thailand will experience cold weather end of October

webfact

Thailand will experience cold weather end of October

dfbeeb53352a107bfb1fa237d0a2a5df-wpcf_72

BANGKOK: -- Cold spell is expected to arrive in Thailand at the end of October with the weather being cooler this year than those recorded in the past few years, the Meteorological Department predicted on Monday.

Average temperature in the upper part of the country during the cold season which is expected to last until next February is forecast at 19-20 degree Celsius with the lowest temperature anticipated at 6-7 degree Celsius in the upper parts of the northern and northeastern regions while the lowest temperature in Bangkok is forecast at between 14-15 degree Celsius.

The coldest period will be between the second half of December until middle of next January with frost expected to take place on mountain top.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-will-experience-cold-weather-end-october/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-11

In other news the sun will mostly rise in the morning and some days will experience cloud and also precipitation. Experts also expect that the coldest weather will come mid winter and a new committee will be formed to determine whether or not mid summer will still be the hottest part of the year.

Edited by starky
Double post

In other news the sun will mostly rise in the morning and some days will experience cloud and also precipitation. Experts also expect that the coldest weather will come mid winter and a new committee will be formed to determine whether or not mid summer will still be the hottest part of the year.

[emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, starky said:

and you base this on what exactly

5 hours ago, starky said:

Spring (late April and May) is always the hottest not mid summer.

46 minutes ago, somo said:

Spring (late April and May) is always the hottest not mid summer.

Comedy not your strong point? Whilst you were fact checking me I can't believe you didn't pick up that the sun also rises more frequently than most mornings. The bit about putting a committee together was just total fallacy. Thanks for the tip though I will take what you have said under advisement.

Edited by starky
Disbelief

I've felt Thailand cooling for some time now. It could even freeze over in the near future. No one is willing to break the ice but that is going to happen on its own. Halloween will be cold and scary this year. Winter is coming.

When i saw this post I checked the weather channel for my home in Massachusetts in the U.S.

R]ght now it is night there. and the temp is 9 degrees Celsius.

The time on the east coast of the U.S. (Boston, Mass) is 12 hours from Bangkok time so now it is jyst after midnight Moday 10 August.

And just for info, it is sarting to rsin here in Bangkok now.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
added a comment to the end

8 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I'm never sure about things here so when is it the Cold Season is due to start again ?    :biggrin:

They should call it the less hot season. I don't believe we will see a high below 25 before Dec. 15th.

3 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

When i saw this post I checked the weather channel for my home in Massachusetts in the U.S.

R]ght now it is night there. and the temp is 9 degrees Celsius.

The time on the east coast of the U.S. (Boston, Mass) is 12 hours from Bangkok time so now it is jyst after midnight Moday 10 August.

And just for info, it is sarting to rsin here in Bangkok now.

I never knew the time difference was -3 months and 12 hours. Boston really must be living in the past

I live some 45km south of Khon Kaen with an open area to the NNE.

Today, Wednesday 12th October the morning wind felt like the Winter winds from the China deserts - perhaps Winter is on its way,

along with the shorter day length.

Generally the weather warms up in the week before the full moon and cools for the week after, just as it is now.

The wildlife is certainly different here this year, a multitude of big fat dragon flies and more kinds of butterflies than I have ever seen since I came to live here but, sadly, there doesn't seem to be any bees.