How to ask a Thai girl out

zyva

• 8 months later...

Fast forward to the day, one hour before our meet up, she messaged and asked if she can bring along a friend. I was completely surprised. I was wondering if she didn't know what a date is, or that she was trying to back out of it. So I told her, if she wanted to hangout with her friend, she can just do so. I would not be joining her anymore .

Bro, you got it all wrong. When she invites a girl friend with her that means you're gonna have an awesome threesome when you take them back to your crib! You shouldn't have said that but instead told here "Great! Bring your friend, we're gonna have some great 3-way action tonight baby!!" :smile:

On 16/10/2016 at 4:04 PM, Peterw42 said:

As others have said, the chaperone is a normal thing. It actually means she puts you in the (maybe) serious boyfriend category. My experience with Thai dating is, go out as friends or you are the boyfriend. There isn't an area in between, like western dating.

Never had a chick I went on a date with bring a "chaperone". It's all one-on-one action on dates, chicks I meet are the real deal. If they want to bring a friend it's gotta be for a threesome, that's the only reason I'll accept :smile: But I've never had any chick bring a friend unfortunately :(

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:32 AM, Dmaxdan said:

It is very common for a Thai lady to bring a chaperone with her on a first and maybe second and third dates. You have to just go with it and be patient and when she is ready she will go out with you alone.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Zombie thread but I'll bite.

Not just Thai women.

I once went on a bus tour of Thailand from Singapore with mainly Chinese people. I got along very well with them, and after we returned to Singapore one of the girls phoned me to ask me out for lunch. I was keen as she was very attractive, and thought she was asking me on a date, as she didn't mention that she was bringing along about 5 friends, which was rather a surprise to me when I walked in the restaurant. LOL.

Anyway, I shortly after left Singapore for good, and we corresponded by letter ( no internet back then ) for a while, but like most things it didn't last.

5 minutes ago, The manic said:

Respectable Thai girls often bring a friend as a chaperone.

A friend, or two, or a younger brother and sister.  Only one time I can recall that my (later) wife and I went somewhere on my bike without anyone else.  And that probably tarnished her reputation.  I even kissed her once just before we married.  :shock1:  Fast forward 38 years later, we still rarely go out together.  I let her go by herself.  555

On 17.10.2016 at 5:12 PM, Berkshire said:

You said "she prefers subtle hints and games."  That's not deceitful?  You like it when women "play games" with you?  Nevermind.

Direct and indirect is the definition of west and east communication.  Neither one is right or wrong, it's just different.  But that doesn't seem to describe your situation. 

I already explained the cultural influence thing to you, but you chose to ignore it.  Let me ask you, why did you start this thread?  Is it so that like-minded individuals would chime in and agree with you?  Or do you want different points of view?  I offer the latter.  If that offends you, don't start any more threads. 

Direct and indirect communication can also, in my experience, be classed as male and female...

On 10/16/2016 at 9:32 AM, Dmaxdan said:

It is very common for a Thai lady to bring a chaperone with her on a first and maybe second and third dates. You have to just go with it and be patient and when she is ready she will go out with you alone.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

You are wrong about her bringing her friend along This is very common a sort of protection since it is the first date  This is Thai culture Be assured if you are a nice guy she will be their for you .

Probably best not to waste hers or your time so just get down to the only really important thing and show her you bank statement, net worth and settle on a monthly salary for her to "love you long time" and feed you whatever daily bullshit takes her fancy.

Its really that straight forward.  3rd world mentality and will never change.

You are wrong about her bringing her friend along This is very common a sort of protection since it is the first date  This is Thai culture Be assured if you are a nice guy she will be their for you .

Then why am I wrong? That is actually what I said. Read it again.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:02 PM, Thaiwrath said:

You should have consulted her Thai boyfriend before making any arrangements.

Our  first date was  arranged  by  my darlings brother ,  they are very close . 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"They" will dictate going to the most expensive restaurant in town. "They" will order everything on the menu. They will talk among themselves and on their cellphones the whole meal. Try to let them think you are having a good time?? Go to the "toilet" and don't go back to the table.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Just to take you a bit further down the road than the chaperone, which I am surprised by your reaction to as it looks like you were expecting to bed her on her first date, you will know if she is serious about you when she asks you not only for your birth date, but also the day and the time of your birth. You need to man up a bit, obviously a child of the woos period and think a bit more about your potential dates feelings rather than your precious ego.

• Confused 1

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, Megasin1 said:

Just to take you a bit further down the road than the chaperone, which I am surprised by your reaction to as it looks like you were expecting to bed her on her first date, you will know if she is serious about you when she asks you not only for your birth date, but also the day and the time of your birth. You need to man up a bit, obviously a child of the woos period and think a bit more about your potential dates feelings rather than your precious ego.

Do you realise this is a zombie thread?

• Like 1

On 8/23/2017 at 9:55 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Zombie thread but I'll bite.

Not just Thai women.

I once went on a bus tour of Thailand from Singapore with mainly Chinese people. I got along very well with them, and after we returned to Singapore one of the girls phoned me to ask me out for lunch. I was keen as she was very attractive, and thought she was asking me on a date, as she didn't mention that she was bringing along about 5 friends, which was rather a surprise to me when I walked in the restaurant. LOL.

Anyway, I shortly after left Singapore for good, and we corresponded by letter ( no internet back then ) for a while, but like most things it didn't last.

But what would be of interest, did you end up in doing boom boom with her or not ?!!

On 10/16/2016 at 8:02 PM, oldhippy said:

BERKSHIRE replied to my post: I've never engaged in a long distance relationship with a Thai girl, or any girl for that matter.  What are you talking about?

BERKSHIRE said originally: I would never recommend to a friend--or even a stranger--to engage in a long distance relationship with a Thai girl.  Especially if she's young and attractive.  You're setting yourself up for a fall.  There will always be other men in the shadows.  Guaranteed.

In my opinion, BERKSHIRE is just bashing Thais, women, and Thai women in particular - he even admits that he has NO experience with them - he bases himself on hear say.

Berkshire bashing Thais???? Quite the opposite, have you never read any of his previous posts? He always sticks up for Thai people rightly or wrongly.

The 'Date' in question was 2016 ...... that's a long time ago.

Anyway, I always say, "I have 1,000bht in my room, would you like to see it?"

In Thai

"Mee nung pan baht you nai hawnggggg, ow doo mai?"

Edited by MaeJoMTB

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Berkshire bashing Thais???? Quite the opposite, have you never read any of his previous posts? He always sticks up for Thai people rightly or wrongly.

Yes indeed I am aware of his tendency to glorify Thais. I thought it was approprate to hit him with some sarcasm.....

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

In Thai

I knew I was doing something wrong by asking them if they wanted to see my stamp collection....

56 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

In Thai

actually it would be yak du mai?

Thai girls are...girls !!..Like any girl, anyplace in the world, they are crafty enough to send some clear signals when they are hitting on a man and want to be taken out and be serviced later on:giggle:

The hardest thing for us guys can be to sometimes manage to read these subtle signals that the females send us...and it can take a life time of good (or embarassing) experiences to learn :dry:

Next golden rule....never...never make the first date an unreasonable bash with dinner, candles, flowers and all the shit....just a few cocktails in a trendy non hooker bar is fine. Until you kissed and fondled the chick a bit...never shell out to much cash....and she will respect you....took me years to learn, but this works (if the gal is genuinely interested in you, that is of course).

And until it works out with the girl you are hitting on....just rent if you need to make willy boy happy :cheesy: