May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

15 minutes ago, Grouse said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42063664

Another kick in the teeth!

The UK is going downhill EXPONENTIALLY 

Wouldn't want to upset the Indians now would we. Holy cow, there might be a trade deal in the offing!

We don't care about our place in the world as long as we have trade! If I were a rich man....

If we lose the Ashes, that will be due to Brexit too, exponentially, I suppose? 

12 minutes ago, Grouse said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42063664

Another kick in the teeth!

The UK is going downhill EXPONENTIALLY 

Wouldn't want to upset the Indians now would we. Holy cow, there might be a trade deal in the offing!

We don't care about our place in the world as long as we have trade! If I were a rich man....

I like this.
Exponentially.

I always let my students draw simple curves first.
Finally, then the multipled erivation of the optimal price in an oligopoly under combat conditions.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Looks like a lot of Germans already prefer the AfD. Well done mutti!

Well I certainly don't find the AfD amusing and I'm sure you don't either! It was good to fire some anti Muslim grape shot across the bows but I hope the Germans will go for stability now.

Just now, Grouse said:

Well I certainly don't find the AfD amusing and I'm sure you don't either! It was good to fire some anti Muslim grape shot across the bows but I hope the Germans will go for stability now.

I agree.
The AFD is not as much to the right as the mass media claim.
I am absolutely in favor of a controlled immigration.
The Greens are a bit fool in that question, so that whole has burst.

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If we lose the Ashes, that will be due to Brexit too, exponentially, I suppose? 

Actually, cricket is not just a game; it's a philosophy ( until the Colonials introduced limited overs and day light)

I do think losing a seat on the highest court in the world is a severe blow. We should not let these things go so easily. Depressing and reflects our reduced stature. ?

3 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

I agree.
The AFD is not as much to the right as the mass media claim.
I am absolutely in favor of a controlled immigration.
The Greens are a bit fool in that question, so that whole has burst.

The Greens are a bloody nuisance. Wanting immigrants to bring in whole families and shutting down Nuclear power plants. 

What did that centrist party party disagree with?

Just now, nauseus said:

Not amusing but she asked for it. Muttimerkel has either lost the plot or has limited her chances of survival for some other reason. Ironically, a bit like TM really. Merkel does not want the risk of another election but she's in a corner now, which May wasn't in. May lost the majority with that idiotic manifesto far more so than anything to do with Brexit. 

She was wrong about immigration (heart ruled head) and was punished for that. She has taken robust action and will be rewarded. The Greens will be hammered now!

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The Greens are a bloody nuisance. Wanting immigrants to bring in whole families and shutting down Nuclear power plants. 

What did that centrist party party disagree with?

that could have turned out well, if the Greens had given up on their idiot immigration policy and CSU would have said yes to renewable energy.
But political idiots are not only in England. You can truly find this species in every country.

Didn’t AfD’s leader and deputy leader jump ship after the last election which would put them in a difficult position now if it is to be rerun. All the other parties have a similar position on Brexit so not much of a benefit to the U.K. and more likely an issue due to a delay in having anyone from the EUs biggest economy to make decisions giving more influence to the French at a critical time.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Not amusing but she asked for it. Muttimerkel has either lost the plot or has limited her chances of survival for some other reason. Ironically, a bit like TM really. Merkel does not want the risk of another election but she's in a corner now, which May wasn't in. May lost the majority with that idiotic manifesto far more so than anything to do with Brexit. 

It's not just her who doesn't want an election,the other parties will check the polls etc and then decide if they want to get back round the table.It may not be over yet. 

3 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I think it's good to let people vote again after four weeks, until all the arguments are known and are pronounced .

We voted out of the EU over a year ago and we still don't  know all the arguments.

Better still why don't we have a referendum every Thursday. It would please the Remainers.

8 minutes ago, aright said:

What rubbish! The UK is very tall when it stands on its wallet.

It's all about money is it?

The Americans have loads of it; what about respect, reputation, honour?

I tell you, the UK is hurtling downhill fast....

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It's all about money is it?

The Americans have loads of it; what about respect, reputation, honour?

I tell you, the UK is hurtling downhill fast....

A great deal of it is. I have 2 businesses which revolve around money. Without it I would go bankrupt, employees would not be able to pay rent/mortgages or put food on the table for children. Better to prat on about ethereal things and let the kids go hungry eh . You have been very critical of the financial disadvantages of leaving the EU and then take breath and ask if its all about money. You continue to stand on 2 platforms and stand on the one suitable for the moment. What are you advocating?

I have as much respect for the reputation and honour of the USA as any other country in the world.

22 minutes ago, aright said:

A great deal of it is. I have 2 businesses which revolve around money. Without it I would go bankrupt, employees would not be able to pay rent/mortgages or put food on the table for children. Better to prat on about ethereal things and let the kids go hungry eh . You have been very critical of the financial disadvantages of leaving the EU and then take breath and ask if its all about money. You continue to stand on 2 platforms and stand on the one suitable for the moment. What are you advocating?

I have as much respect for the reputation and honour of the USA as any other country in the world.

Then there is no hope for you. You really don't understand what it's all about. I feel quite sorry for you ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adammike said:

It's not just her who doesn't want an election,the other parties will check the polls etc and then decide if they want to get back round the table.It may not be over yet. 

A bit like a Brexit negotiation?

18 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Then there is no hope for you. You really don't understand what it's all about. I feel quite sorry for you ?

From that comment, Grouse, it's obvious that it is you that either can't understand, or won't accept, what Brexit is about.