May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

4 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

If you take the trouble to read back through the thread you will see numerous newspaper articles that have been posted on this subject, the minimum estimate from the City alone is 7,500 and that's fast approaching a confirmed level, the upper limit is far far higher.

You are kidding me aren't you? Have you not seen how long this thread has been going?  I stopped reading this thread around august as it was just mostly the same old argument being posted by several posters (inc myself ) going absolutely no where because no one just like those in power in the UK and EU had a clue what was going on.  Everyday showed a differing opinion in the media be it for brexit or against, but no facts just opinions.

Now in the last few weeks I think things are becoming much clearer in what kind of brexit the UK will have and the pros ( if any) and cons that are likely to come along with it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, nontabury said:

Well you are a sensitive little soul.

So let’s hear what Verhofstatd thinks, and also the thoughts of other MEP, and not just Brit MEP’s

It just has to be the most bizarre political situation imaginable, doesn't it? We have what is basically a bunch of political leeches dictating to a supposedly sovereign country about how our country will behave in the international community for the foreseeable future, OR ELSE! Or else what? The 'or else' is that we mess up the globalists' plan. Here is professor Patrick Minford jovially putting a parliamentary committee straight on how real world economics works (not the fake 'gravity' version peddled by the globaslists' pet media economists):

• Like 1

Source: Today's Guardian

Conservative rebels inflicted a humiliating defeat on Theresa May in the House of Commons as they backed an amendment to her flagship European Union withdrawal bill over parliament’s right to a meaningful vote on the Brexit deal.

Edited by oldhippy
source
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Khun Han said:

It just has to be the most bizarre political situation imaginable, doesn't it? We have what is basically a bunch of political leeches dictating to a supposedly sovereign country about how our country will behave in the international community for the foreseeable future, OR ELSE! Or else what? The 'or else' is that we mess up the globalists' plan. Here is professor Patrick Minford jovially putting a parliamentary committee straight on how real world economics works (not the fake 'gravity' version peddled by the globaslists' pet media economists):

Patrick Minford is one of the leading exponents of rational expectations economic theory. Among other things, the rational expectations economists predicted that the global financial disaster of 2008 couldn't happen. One of the things these geniuses claim is that whatever the prices of stocks and assets are at time is the correct price. That there is no such thing as a economic bubbles. Brilliant!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Well here we have Nigel Farage congratulation the EU bureacrats yesterday.

He's good....

I'll give him that.

Not my style of stand up comedian, but he's good at it.

And he understands that the UK will go for the Norwegian approach: The UK will be IN (but will be allowed to call it OUT, and pay 40bn for that privelege ).

The UK will continue to follow all rules & regulations, but will no longer have a say in them.

This is what a honest PM has to say about the Norwegian approach:

Solberg, who is 55 and has been prime minister since 2013, said this arrangement forces Norway to act like “a lobby organization” in Brussels.

The Norwegian parliament adopts five EU laws for every day it is in session, without having much say in how those laws are formed.

source: https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-referendum-look-before-you-leap-norways-pm-tells-brexiteers/

Anyway, the problem is solved, exit brexit.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, oldhippy said:

He's good....

I'll give him that.

Not my style of stand up comedian, but he's good at it.

And he understands that the UK will go for the Norwegian approach: The UK will be IN (but will be allowed to call it OUT, and pay 40bn for that privelege ).

The UK will continue to follow all rules & regulations, but will no longer have a say in them.

This is what a honest PM has to say about the Norwegian approach:

Solberg, who is 55 and has been prime minister since 2013, said this arrangement forces Norway to act like “a lobby organization” in Brussels.

The Norwegian parliament adopts five EU laws for every day it is in session, without having much say in how those laws are formed.

source: https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-referendum-look-before-you-leap-norways-pm-tells-brexiteers/

Anyway, the problem is solved, exit brexit.

Farewell democracy.  

1 minute ago, talahtnut said:

Farewell democracy.  

You can not say farewell to something that never existed.

The UK loso have ALWAYS been oppressed by the hiso, as they have never escaped from the 19th century.

PS. I assume that your farewell democracy refers to the brexit vote?

That was NOT a democratic vote, as the choice was: stay (= clear) or leave ( = nobody told you people what that meant, as a matter of fact, the UK government is still arguing amongst themselves as to what brexit means).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Farewell democracy.  

Very true. T.May will now be hated the same as Tony WMD Blair is, by the majority of Brits.

If the Conservative party fail to replace her by a True Brit, then Expect Jeremy to be the next P.M at the next G.E. 

R.I.P.  to the U.K.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oldhippy said:

The UK loso have ALWAYS been oppressed by the hiso, as they have never escaped from the 19th century.

That was NOT a democratic vote, as the choice was: stay (= clear) or leave ( = nobody told you people what that meant, as a matter of fact, the UK government is still arguing amongst themselves as to what brexit means).

democracy has always been the deception. Agreed.

People knew  what they voted for..The government debates are bogus..as is the

government itself.

15 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Farewell democracy.  

From the perspective of the UK how is it "farewell democracy?"

The majority of UK voters indicated Brexit.

May proceeded with Brexit under royal perogative but the court said its for parliament to decide.

The parliament majority voted Brexit.

When May has finalized Brexit terms & conditions with the EU (the so-called soft Brexit), a parliament majority will be required for concurrence. If rejected Brexit will probably be "hard."

Seems like a democratic process.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Stay=clear? Not at all. The EU string pullers want a single state comprised of provinces full of sheep with no way out and democracy gone. 

The Brexit vote was both democratic and necessary, as is obvious by the result.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Srikcir said:

From the perspective of the UK how is it "farewell democracy?"

The majority of UK voters indicated Brexit.

May proceeded with Brexit under royal perogative but the court said its for parliament to decide.

The parliament majority voted Brexit.

When May has finalized Brexit terms & conditions with the EU (the so-called soft Brexit), a parliament majority will be required for concurrence. If rejected Brexit will probably be "hard."

Seems like a democratic process.

Its meant to seem democratic. perhaps you didnt see nontaburi's comment on the last page.

I fear Brexit may need to be refought all over again

• Like 1

Soft brexit and hard brexit are 2 completely different things.

So what did the voters vote for?

Were the voters even aware of the difference?

Maybe the vote was: 48% remain, 26% hard (real) exit, 26% soft (not real) exit?

Democracy only works with informed voters and more or less honest politicians.

Not that there is an alternative.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grouse said:

"British Parliament takes back control. European and British Parliament together will decide on the final agreement. Interests of the citizens will prevail over narrow party politics. A good day for democracy."

Said Guy Verhofstadt

Wow, two bits of great news in two days! I'm elated!

Why the triumphalism?

For 784 pages you have been telling us about the importance of staying in Europe.

Nothing that happened yesterday stops Brexit. We are still leaving the EU.

Nothing that happened yesterday undermines the PM's basic process position although it does result in a loss of face when she goes to Brussels today. If weakening the UK's negotiation position and her authority brings a smile to your face .......so be it.

All that happened yesterday was a guarantee that the deal; be negotiated in good time so it can be scrutinised  and passed by the House of Commons. Reminder!  The amendment to the Bill was not passed yesterday ,it can still be amended during the later stages of it's passage through Parliament. Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aright said:

Why the triumphalism?

For 784 pages you have been telling us about the importance of staying in Europe.

Nothing that happened yesterday stops Brexit. We are still leaving the EU.

Nothing that happened yesterday undermines the PM's basic process position although it does result in a loss of face when she goes to Brussels today. If weakening the UK's negotiation position and her authority brings a smile to your face .......so be it.

All that happened yesterday was a guarantee that the deal; be negotiated in good time so it can be scrutinised  and passed by the House of Commons. Reminder!  The amendment to the Bill was not passed yesterday ,it can still be amended during the later stages of it's passage through Parliament. Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

No, you are not really leaving the EU.

Of course not.

You will - just like Norway - abide by the EU rules.

But against payment of 40bn we will allow you to save face and pretend you are out.

Soon the UK can say the same as Norway:

QUOTE:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aright said:

I will forward your reply to the negotiators telling them not to bother to turn up in February because  oldhippy  knows exactly what's going to happen.

Which negotiators? The ones that favour a soft brexit or the ones that favour a hard brexit?

And are you sure that Theresa will not call another snap election? That could change things once more, a government with / without ayatollas makes quite a difference I would think.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Which negotiators? The ones that favour a soft brexit or the ones that favour a hard brexit?

And are you sure that Theresa will not call another snap election? That could change things once more, a government with / without ayatollas makes quite a difference I would think.

It might be a good thing if she does call another election. After the deceitful way she’s treated the British people, don’t be surprised if this guys party gets in. And notice what he says about the British media.

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It might be a good thing if she does call another election. After the deceitful way she’s treated the British people, don’t be surprised if this guys party gets in. And notice what he says about the British media.
[/url]  

I'd love to see the Establishment's reaction to PM Corbyn. Unfortunately he's as weak on Brexit as May!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

[/url]  

You sound like someone who actually takes Skinner seriously though, as he is a staunch brexiteer, it doesn’t surprise me.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app