• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Anybody notice this...

No regards to privacy, as I assume this was posted WITHOUT the patient's permission.

It could be worse like his name address and photo

Mind you it may teach the knob to take his hand off it

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Picture 'kindly posted on Facebook'?

Is this some 'right' the medics have?

Yes, it's called "I've got the camera at the moment, and you don't.  I post first."

Are you aware of all the Facebook/Tumbler websites of rescue personnel in Thailand who post all manner of gory deaths and accidents here without the victims' knowledge or consent (especially when said victims are dead)?   Half-dead ones are fair game too.  

Often, at public fairs/festivals, these same rescue organizations put up the same photos on a poster in their booth for the viewing-public's "pleasure."   

The TV and newspapers have made admirable progress in this area of victims' privacy since I came to Thailand nearly 15 years ago.  Back then, the front page of nearly every newspaper was splattered (and I use the word advisedly) with victims' remains--without pixelation or blurring.  The privacy laws (or possibly, enforcement) on social media continue to lag behind. 

So, never wear holey or dirty underwear as your mom always told you--especially in Thailand.  Your shame may easily become public in an accident.  

Just to be safe, everyday I safety-pin a note to my underwear:  "The accident did this to my undies."  :whistling:

Edited by Fookhaht

46 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

So, never wear holey or dirty underwear as your mom always told you--especially in Thailand.

Mom told me to wear clean undies in case I got in an accident, and Dad agreed with her.

Then when she wasn't looking, he winked and gave me a pack of condoms.   In case of an accident- yeah, right.

Edited by impulse

8 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Anybody notice this...

No regards to privacy, as I assume this was posted WITHOUT the patient's permission.

Why assume that?  It would be just as logical, if not more so, to assume that it was posted WITH his permission as he would have been well aware that he was being photographed.

Permission or not is academic as the patient wasn't identified either by name or by showing his face.  If you're familiar with his penis I suppose that could give it away, though.

Edited by gdgbb

Although the original article that Thaivisa republished was not censored, it was good to see that the moral guardians of TV saw fit to protect it's reader's sensitivities by not publishing the appalling word "cock".

Edited by gdgbb

4 hours ago, digibum said:

Yes, because rubbing a penis with baby oil or lubricant is a great way to get it back to it's flaccid state.  :shock1:

depends who's doing the rubbing though ... if it's the guy in your avatar picture, reverting to a flaccid state shouldn't be much of a problem...

6 hours ago, digibum said:

Yes, because rubbing a penis with baby oil or lubricant is a great way to get it back to it's flaccid state.  :shock1:

Show him the bolt cutters FIRST.  That'll get the old woody soft and shriveled in no time.  :tongue:

6 hours ago, In the jungle said:

I am mystified as to why the right picture in the OP shows a pair of circlip pliers and a screwdriver.

What on earth were they used for?

The pliers are for gripping the ring, and the screwdriver is used like a tyre lever. With the pliers and the screwdriver, a motorcycle tyre shop would have removed that ring in seconds.

And then checked for a puncture.

21 hours ago, berybert said:

Well if you have managed to work out who  the patient is from the pictures and information posted in the OP then you must be the first fully fledged member of the TV dictectives club.

That's not the point. 

Post op.

" Well sir we have some good news and bad news. The bad news is we accidently cut your cock off above the ring.

The good news is that we then easily removed the ring undamaged so you will be able to use it again."

On 22/10/2016 at 8:18 AM, WhizBang said:

Anybody notice this...

Ever heard of an educational or public service info video. They did not show his face or print his name, so where is the intrusion on privacy. 

On 10/22/2016 at 9:26 AM, ericnoodeeka said:

agree with wizzbang here, since when are nurses or medics allowed to post pictures from a patient in  an operating room or a&e department?? he should get fired.i know he wasnt named, but seriously??? taking pics of patients??disgusting in my opinion.

Did you see anything in the picture that would enable you to identify the patient, even if you knew him?