New PCX...Battery flat.

phetphet

I bought a brand new Honda PCX under four weeks ago from Honda Maenam here in Samui.  Not used it much, as still running around on the old one before selling it next week.

Last used it 6 days ago. Went to use it tonight, and no power. Battery dead. I have often left the old one for three or four months when returning to UK, and it always starts first time.

This new one does not have a key. Rather this new remote start / proximity system, but I switched everything off last time I used it.

So..what to do?  

Anyone had? or heard of problems with this new remote start system?

If I remove the battery to charge it myself am I likely to void any warrantee on the bike?

Should I call Honda to get them to come and get it to check it over for an electrical problem?

I checked all the switches and all were off. I thought once you switched off, all would be dead apart from if you set the alarm, which I didn't do. Makes me wonder if there might be a fault with the battery or a possible short.

Thoughts please gents.

Agree ^ , take it back to Honda in Maenam, they are usually good on service.... speak to Boss man or his wife, they are good with English and usually very fair to deal with :thumbsup:.

"If I remove the battery to charge it myself am I likely to void any warrantee on the bike? "  Perhaps ask, but I doubt it!  You are not modifying the bike. (usually 20 baht to charge a battery, perhaps try that first at a more local shop! )

Ring the shop where you bought it, they should send someone around.  As long as your local.  We have owned our PCX 150 for less than a week and had problems with the FOB (keyless system) within 30 minutes of the call, a guy pulled up, did some checking and then changed the battery in the FOB.  works good now.

Thanks guys.  It's only done 35kms.

I bought some jump leads and connected from my old 2014 PCX to new 2016 PCX and got it running. Will ring Honda tomorrow to see if open, as I think tomorrow is a Thai holiday, (Chulalongkorn Day), before taking in for a check. 

It's definitely the bike / battery and not the fob. Couldn't even turn the start knob without power. All, including display was dead.  

In fact, I had to remove the small side panel, and use the small "emergency tool" to open the seat to get at the battery.

Why the <deleted> Honda have done away with the good old reliable key I can't imagine. Batteries in proximity fob can and will go flat, probably at some inopportune time, and you still have to carry the emergency tool to open the seat to access the battery compartment if no electrical power. Crazy!!