No more Multiple Entry Non mms in UK ??

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassy can still issue a multiple entry visa.

That is correct and unlike the message on the Embassy automated answerphone, unless they have changed it since last Thursday, you can apply by post as well as by appointment. The automated message said all Non Imm visas by appointment only. Having tried for three weeks to get through on the phone to the Embassy to confirm whether they were still processing Multi Entry Non Imm O for retirees over 65 in receipt of state pension I spoke to the Consul at Liverpool who said she had just received an Email from the Embassy informing all Consulates that "someone" had given incorrect information that the Embassy was not issuing any Non Imm visas by post but confirming that all Consulates could only issue Single Entry which has been the case since late August. 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure I would trust the info coming from the consulate.

The new rule started weeks ago. Not sure where they are coming up with the first of November for the embassy.

Non immigrant visas are only issued for specific reasons now. You cannot get them by just asking for one.

I agree its a single data point and more time and data are needed.. However I will say the consul was very clear, I asked clear and direct questions and received clear and direct (non Thai style) answers. 

The Welsh Thai consul believes multiple entry visas are just about to become a thing of the past as fa as the UK is concerned.. I think he said in '95% of cases'.. The embassy would still have the ability to issue them (same as they had the ability to issue quad entry TRs in the past, or a 3 year non imm B currently) but for the usual marriage, retiree etc it wouldnt be given. There would be an insistence on a single and extended incountry (which wouldnt be so bad, I have zero issues complying with the money or rules, its just that immigration is such a clusterfuck and having the time for 2 visits). The one class he said was 'possible' would be business ones, and even then not for the kind where someone was applying from a Thai company they work with in Thailand. 

As ever we will see. 

6 minutes ago, Arandora said:

That is correct and unlike the message on the Embassy automated answerphone, unless they have changed it since last Thursday, 

Changed happening end of the month according to wales. 

but confirming that all Consulates could only issue Single Entry which has been the case since late August. 

Multiple still issued yesterday.. 

Edited by LivinLOS
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Changed happening end of the month according to wales. 

Multiple still issued yesterday.. 

Just to be clear,  are you saying that you obtained a Multi Entry Non Immigrant O Visa from a Consulate (Cardiff?) yesterday?

The Cardiff consulate claimed this three years ago, and I could only obtain a triple-entry tourist. Coincidentally, both previous staff had not long retired. Yet it didn't apply to every other consulate; I assume Thai consulates often do their own thing. Or it's possibly down to money, given you can change the visa once in Thailand.

32 minutes ago, Arandora said:

Just to be clear,  are you saying that you obtained a Multi Entry Non Immigrant O Visa from a Consulate (Cardiff?) yesterday?

32 minutes ago, Arandora said:

Holy hell this forums new software is hard to use.. How do you clear quotes ?? Or see the actual underlying bb code ?? 

Anyway.. Yes.. Read the OP.. Cardiff changed my Nov 3rd appointment as they can issue them until the end of the month. Cardiff were still doing face to face multiple entry visas by appointment, postal ones had to go to London (via them I think).

After that they claim not only will consuls not issue them, but in most cases neither will London. 

EDIT :: Non imms of course.. METVs still possible there.

Edited by LivinLOS

Seems typical Thai confusion. My experience for Liverpool and Hull i.e. no Non-Imm O Multi entry since August/September, only Single Entry from then on, only from London Embassy,  not consistent with Cardiff. Should have tried Cardiff as well! 

27 minutes ago, Arandora said:

Seems typical Thai confusion. My experience for Liverpool and Hull i.e. no Non-Imm O Multi entry since August/September, only Single Entry from then on, only from London Embassy,  not consistent with Cardiff. Should have tried Cardiff as well! 

Was that for postal or interview / appointment ?? 

I understand postal apps all had to either go or be forwarded to london, but that in person 'on the spot' style applicants were still issued them..

Until late August at Liverpool personal appointment for Non Imm O Multi Entry which we had appointment for on 9th November. Consul herself phoned me and advised that instruction received from Embassy that she could only from then issue Single Entry and understood that applied to all UK Consulates. Contacted Hull where you could send your application and supporting information or Email it and they would forward to the Embassy for approval and when approved make an appointment to get the visas. They had not heard anything at that stage and were making enquiries as the Embassy had stopped approving applications done this way. I phoned back and spoke to the Consul who confirmed that Consulates could now only issue Single Entry Non Imm O and the Tourist METV and that all Non Imm O Multi Entry had to go direct to the embassy. He said that he had been told that the Embassy would only do this by appointment. This started my weeks long unanswered phone calls to the Embassy to confirm whether I could apply by post until last week when the message on the answerphone had changed to say no postal applications. I phoned Consul in Liverpool who said she had just been informed by Email from the Embassy that that message was wrong and applications for Non Imm O Multi Entry could still be made by post as well as in person at the Embassy. 

• Like 2

Yes it is true.

I went in person for a 1yr multi non imm o to Hull U.K & the best they could offer me was single entry non imm 90 day visa.

I was originally wanting to stay 180 days as a holidaying pensioner ( 70 yrs old) same as i have many times before but the Consolate told me they had been instructed from London Embassy for no reason on 16th Sept to stop 1yr multi's . I have already pre-booked my return flight for a 180 day stay before i found that i can only stay for 90 days. Im now trying to extend this 90 days to 180 days once i get to Thailand on 31st Oct so i dont have to pay-out for a new return to U.K date ..

Did Hull give any guidance, as wales did, on if London would be an option ?? Wales said they wouldnt but as this is new I am trying to hear more data points. 

Also, why didnt you take a METV, that would have been 6 months and useable for up to 9 months stay. 

Both Hull and Liverpool told me to contact the Embassy which as I posted earlier proved impossible as they just don't answer the phones. Ordinarily a Tourist METV, with an extension for each entry to 90 days would have been an alternative to our Multi Entry Non Imm O but I needed a Non Imm in order to renew my Thai Driving Licence. 

As it turns out I have had to cancel our return in November as we found out yesterday my wife has to have an operation on the day we were due to return to Thailand and rebook after the op when we find out when she can travel. Now, if we cannot return before 11th January 2017 when my Thai DL expires I have to find out can I do so when we do return later. 

What will be most interesting is if London are or are not going to keep giving them. 

Consul I spoke with said no.. Very clearly.. My issue is do I trust what he has said ?? Wouldnt be the first time a consul was wrong, but its huge news if hes right. 

• 9 months later...
On 10/26/2016 at 7:38 AM, ubonjoe said:

The embassy can still issue a multiple entry visa.

While I believe they 'can' do what they please.. 'Will' they currently ?? Any recent reports. 

I am going to need a new ME in Nov.. I am not here for long enough for the wait to end of 90, +30 under review.. Etc dance.. I am rarely here >6 to 8 weeks at a stretch but thats ongoing through the year in and out.. I am also not usually in my home country in the time I am not here, so applying to London, when I may be outside the UK, constantly traveling, and need the passport, is another critical issue. 

All well and good to say we are taking away the ME have a single and apply incountry, OK then make an efficient system where I can apply in country in a period of time less than months !! 

Just now, LivinLOS said:

While I believe they 'can' do what they please.. 'Will' they currently ?? Any recent reports. 

I am going to need a new ME in Nov.. I am not here for long enough for the wait to end of 90, +30 under review.. Etc dance.. I am rarely here >6 to 8 weeks at a stretch but thats ongoing through the year in and out.. I am also not usually in my home country in the time I am not here, so applying to London, when I may be outside the UK, constantly traveling, and need the passport, is another critical issue. 

All well and good to say we are taking away the ME have a single and apply incountry, OK then make an efficient system where I can apply in country in a period of time less than months !! 

People are getting the multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage all the time at the embassy in London. Average to get them by post is about a week and next day in person.

You could get one while you are here by making a quick trip to Savannakhet Laos.

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:50 AM, cornishcarlos said:

The ME visa was a genuine option for people living in Thailand, not just for those who visit frequently. The only stipulation was that you were required to leave every 3 months, even for just a day.

Extensions are for people who do not want to leave every 3 months, although the 90 day report is still there.

I have always followed correct procedures, just chose the ME route as it was better for my circumstances.

The ME Visa has always been issued on the basis of 'visiting' Thai wife or family.

Even 60 day extensions to a 90 day entry are for the purpose of 'visiting' Thai wife.

I think Savannakhet is the only Thai Embassy/Consulate not requesting funds for the ME.

Edited by Tanoshi

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

On 10/26/2016 at 1:50 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Did you read the date on that post.

Most embassies around the world will issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage without financial proof. Penang and Singapore are not the norm since they want financial proof

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Read the edit on my post. What you wrote is not correct.

Sorry Joe, your edited post wasn't available when I posted.

I just got the 'did you read the date of that post' bit. (as quoted)

I stand corrected, but I think it's only a question of 'when' more of these Embassies will require financial proof.

London also request financial proof.

Non-Immigrant Type O 

• Birth Certificate (applicant's child)
  • A copy of marriage certificate and a copy of Thai passport or a copy of Thai ID card (if married to Thai national)
  • A copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)
  • Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Sorry Joe, your edited post wasn't available when I posted.

I just got the 'did you read the date of that post' bit. (as quoted)

I stand corrected, but I think it's only a question of 'when' more of these Embassies will require financial proof.

London also request financial proof.

Non-Immigrant Type O 

• Birth Certificate (applicant's child)
  • A copy of marriage certificate and a copy of Thai passport or a copy of Thai ID card (if married to Thai national)
  • A copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)
  • Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

Their website has said that for ages. However it is not enforced.

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

A copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)

That error has appeared on the London Thai Embassy website for a very long time. NO funds are required by London for an ME visa based on marriage!

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:43 AM, mick220675 said:

For the first time  London requested proof of 40k a month income as well as the usual. My passport was back in 3 days with visa.

Mick might disagree.

I have a personal friend, visits regular, obtains the Non Imm O ME based on being a State Pensioner.

He provides a letter from the DWP confirming receipt of State Pension.

Whether he actually needs to do that, is arguable from your statements.

I had to show proof of funds for a single entry Non Imm O, 3 years ago and that fact didn't even appear on the website at the time.             We live and learn.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I have a personal friend, visits regular, obtains the Non Imm O ME based on being a State Pensioner.

He provides a letter from the DWP confirming receipt of State Pension.

Whether he actually needs to do that, is arguable from your statements.

A clearly stated requirement which can be easily found.  London is , I believe, the only place where a ME O visa is issued for the purpose of "retirement".  Being in receipt of a State Pension is an absolute pre-requisite.