True Cable T.V. Disappointments

Kabula

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do true still blur out cigarettes , alcohol bottles and guns but only when pointed at something ?
How about blurry wobbly bits ?

Yes, one of the delightful idiosyncracies of Truevisions. Smoking and alcohol are blurred out, yet last week The Exorcist was on in the afternoon with all the foul language, vomiting, head spinning and bloody masturbating with a crucifix left untouched!!

44 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

I guess I'm in the minority  here.      We have the Platinum package and enjoy the variety of channels they offer.      Normal programming should resume o/a 19 November.       

I have the gold package and happy with it.

Most of channels are back to normal now. Only the channels done by True are being interrupted when something special is happening now.

AXN and the two RTL channels came back on yesterday for example.

41 minutes ago, johng said:

Do true still blur out cigarettes , alcohol bottles and guns but only when pointed at something ?
How about blurry wobbly bits ?

Only channels done by True Visions have that.

The don't do it on HBO, Fox and etc.

On 10/26/2016 at 9:44 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

There have been reports of people being offered refunds for the disruption during the mourning period. 

On 10/26/2016 at 8:55 PM, Suradit69 said:

Yes, I have True satellite. Totally understand the period of mourning and the decision to limit "entertainment" programs, but I just renewed for six months and a lot of the programs I'm paying for are not available or are interrupted. I do expect them to observe the mourning regulations, but they ought to extend my subscription or  give me a refund since I am paying for something I'm not getting.

There are a few things like CNBC, NFL, baseball and some of the documentaries that I would miss if I cancelled my subscription, but it's becoming rather expensive just to watch those few things and even more expensive if I can't even see some of them.

I was not offered any discount.

2 minutes ago, Kabula said:

I was not offered any discount.

I wasn't either. I did pose a question about it as a reply to an email from them in which they attached a PDF statement for my six month payment, but they haven't replied. I suppose my question should have been sent to their support email address. I've resigned myself to getting nothing and don't wish to sound like I'm complaining about the period of mourning. I guess True was unprepared for the ruling and the consequences. Things have almost returned to normal at this point, so ...

Only channels done by True Visions have that.
The don't do it on HBO, Fox and etc.

True. But strangely, HBO and Fox are savagely edited for violence and bad language, whereas the True movie channels are not. Watching Goodfellas on Fox or Sopranos on HBO is virtually unwatchable without the cursing and violence.

13 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

True. But strangely, HBO and Fox are savagely edited for violence and bad language, whereas the True movie channels are not. Watching Goodfellas on Fox or Sopranos on HBO is virtually unwatchable without the cursing and violence.

Yes agree watching HBO last night at a friends house film on was some war type thing Korea taking over America. nearly all so called swear words were cut out. so glad I got rid of true.

13 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

14 minutes ago, johng said:

Thanks for the confirmation of continued censorship..I'll continue not giving them my money.

For those channels it is not True doing the doing the censorship. It is done by them for their Asia versions but not near as bad as it was years ago.

On 27/10/2016 at 2:42 PM, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

It may not be ilikehdtv but rather your internet speed. Run a speed test and if its low complain to TOT. 

I run a speed test regularly and it is always 20-30 mbps but seldom stable in a straight line ,and a ping of 10-15 .  What I am finding recently is that the programme shuts down every so often with the on screen message " unable to play this video " , I then press the mouse cursor on the live tv heading and the programme returns .  A friend has mentioned the phrase  " port forwarding " saying this may be part of the problem  to do with the modem communicating with the android box but this is way out of my league plus trying to find a tv technician to investigate is almost impossible .

Watched the footy last night Sunderland/Arsenal and the picture quality was poor , certainly not hd or 1080p but had only 2 dropouts.     

2 minutes ago, superal said:

I run a speed test regularly and it is always 20-30 mbps but seldom stable in a straight line ,and a ping of 10-15 .  What I am finding recently is that the programme shuts down every so often with the on screen message " unable to play this video " , I then press the mouse cursor on the live tv heading and the programme returns .  A friend has mentioned the phrase  " port forwarding " saying this may be part of the problem  to do with the modem communicating with the android box but this is way out of my league plus trying to find a tv technician to investigate is almost impossible .

Watched the footy last night Sunderland/Arsenal and the picture quality was poor , certainly not hd or 1080p but had only 2 dropouts.     

Try placing a filter between line into house and router as they do in uk seems to work on my 3bb box more stable with it in place.

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

Try placing a filter between line into house and router as they do in uk seems to work on my 3bb box more stable with it in place.

How does that work ? what is being filtered and are they readily available and at what price . I appreciate your comments , many thanks 

17 minutes ago, superal said:

How does that work ? what is being filtered and are they readily available and at what price . I appreciate your comments , many thanks 

I belive but not exactly sure they filter the noise associated with the incoming broadband. I brought two over from UK years ago only found them a couple of months ago whilst clearing out my odds and sods box. I belive you can get them here look on lazada or try tuk com. price wise no idea but cheap I expect. if you have family in UK there readily available over there cheap get someone to send you one.

On 10/26/2016 at 4:14 PM, fvw53 said:

I cannot understand why CNN and BBC (although censored) have been made available but TV5 is still totally off the air : TV5 is a combination of French speaking government owned channels from France, Belgium, Switzerland and Canada...what harm can they do? Also the number of French speakers in Thailand must be a small one.

I am severely disappointed I could not follow the national news from Canada and Belgium about the collapse of the trade deal between Canada and the EU

I read about how they have people who sit and monitor CNN and BBC and when news of Thailand comes on, when they don't like what is said, they have a kill switch ...I imagine it could be as simple as they don't have any good French speakers to monitor TV5, 24 hours a day in the same way?  I also like this channel.  Sorry for you.