What bank do proper Bank reference letter?Pattaya

So, I will start my hunt to get a bank to give me a proper bank reference letter and I looking

for that in Pattaya. I have account in, Bangkok Bank, Karsikorn, Krungsri and Siam commercial.

I asked around shortly few months ago but got the what’s that eye? we don’t have that so at that time

I was not in mode to waste my time. Now I need one, so any one here manage to get one?

What bank, branch ? Please let me know. Thanks

I assume this is about KYC so some other party wants your bank to vouch for you, basically writing a letter like “Mr. X has been a customer with us for so and so long and currently maintains a balance of some amount. We believe they are of good financial standing and any assistance you can render them will be appreciated.” presumably with a disclaimer from the bank saying that the letter is given without any responsibility or engangement on their part.

I helped someone get such letter from Krungthai at Silom (Bangkok). Initially I had just written her a draft and she went to the bank with her friend to get them to put this on the bank’s letterhead, but no luck. I then called the bank’s head office and made an appointment for her, afterward she just went and collected the letter.

So I would recommend you also call the head office and make an appointment, and you must go to the branch where you opened the account, and you should probably not expect any bank clerk having the authority to write reference letters.

I am curious why you have four bank accounts, care to enlighten me?

16 hours ago, KittenKong said:

What is a bank reference letter? What do you need it for?

Are you citing the bank clerks :biggrin:

DELETED as I also don't understand what it is.

Not for me.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I need a bank ref letter they way lkn wrote and I need that to get offshore bank account. lkn the  reason for have 4 banks is I lived here for 15 years, moved around and opened account were I lived for practical reasons. And it will be bigger chance in this case with ref letter to get one bank that can help.

7 hours ago, lkn said:

I assume this is about KYC so some other party wants your bank to vouch for you, basically writing a letter like “Mr. X has been a customer with us for so and so long and currently maintains a balance of some amount. We believe they are of good financial standing and any assistance you can render them will be appreciated.” presumably with a disclaimer from the bank saying that the letter is given without any responsibility or engangement on their part.

I helped someone get such letter from Krungthai at Silom (Bangkok). Initially I had just written her a draft and she went to the bank with her friend to get them to put this on the bank’s letterhead, but no luck. I then called the bank’s head office and made an appointment for her, afterward she just went and collected the letter.

So I would recommend you also call the head office and make an appointment, and you must go to the branch where you opened the account, and you should probably not expect any bank clerk having the authority to write reference letters.

I am curious why you have four bank accounts, care to enlighten me?

One reason for this is that sometimes (usually, in my experience) Thai employers will only pay salary into a certain bank and if you don't have an account in that bank then you need to open it.

On 10/26/2016 at 10:34 PM, KittenKong said:

What is a bank reference letter? What do you need it for?

A bank reference letter is used to defraud another bank into lending you money and get a further letter from that bank to defraud yet another bank. A reference letter from example Bank of America would of course mean something but a letter from a Thai bank??.....

Edited by AlQaholic

41 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

A bank reference letter is used to defraud another bank into lending you money and get a further letter from that bank to defraud yet another bank. A reference letter from example Bank of America would of course mean something but a letter from a Thai bank??.....

for the record: no reference letter from any bank is worth the paper on which it is issued. not even suitable as toilet paper.

Consider this scam.....You establish rapport with Bank of America, tell them you will be depositing 10M USD there shortly.

You then go to a Thai bank local branch, tell them you need a short term loan of 5M and ask the Bank of America to send a letter by fax that they will guarantee the 5M loan based on the 10M deposit.....In some way or variation of this it might actually work....

16 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Consider this scam.....You establish rapport with Bank of America, tell them you will be depositing 10M USD there shortly.

You then go to a Thai bank local branch, tell them you need a short term loan of 5M and ask the Bank of America to send a letter by fax that they will guarantee the 5M loan based on the 10M deposit.....In some way or variation of this it might actually work....

it always works... but only in the phantasies of Hollywood movie script writers. nowadays, and that applies worrldwide, you have no problems to establish a  bank account transferring (not depositing!) 100,000 Dollars. try that with 5 or 10 million and be surprised what KYC (Know Your Client) procedures you have to undergo and what documentation you have to provide "who are you?, what are you?, why are you?, where's your tax residence? what is the source of your wealth?"  plus questions such as "are you, your wife, children or your partner politically exposed persons?"

of course reference letters do exist for certain purposes. but they can't be used for defrauding banksters who's business is to defraud clients.

addendum: make a test, have some fun and contact a few of the big multinational banks in Singapore (e.g. UBS, Crédit Suisse, Julius Baer). tell them you would like to move your assets valued @ 27 million Dollars and then take a look at the 50-80 pages (with a couple of hundred questions) they send you which you have to fill to open an account.

Edited by Naam
addendum

In my experience, any bank here will give you a reference letter. You should ask for a nungsue rap rong. However, their computer system decides what goes on that letter. You can not get them to budge from this. If you need something special, only an officer from the bank's headquarters will be able to do that.

The standard letter will certify that you are a customer of the bank, list your account number and type of account, give your balance and the date you opened the account. That is it.

They are completely unable to make any changes to that letter, no matter how much you ask. They most certainly will not make a statement like " We believe they are of good financial standing and any assistance you can render them will be appreciated."

Again, it is a computer generated letter. Not free form. The branches can only say what the computer allows them to say. If you think you are going to go to any branch and get something different you are wasting your time.

Go to the head office in Bangkok and ask to speak to the president or another officer of the bank. He is the only one who can possibly do something different.