7-Eleven dumps AIS services

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

I just top up at the K bank ATM no problem. Just change my habit of buying at 711. In the end they will not only loose the 4% but also all the walkin ad hoc purchases of AIS clients. For example in the past I bought my top up at 7 and the bread and milk, now I top up at Makro's ATM and buy my bread and milk there. 

You dont find it annoying to drive past dozens of 7/11's to go buy bread and milk at Makro ?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

More GREED from the 7-11 Company.   Already increasing

prices on everything and reducing the portion sizes.  Soon

they will price themselves out of business...I have started

buying from Family Mart and stocking up at Tesco and Big C!!

Yep, seems to be a trend.  Buy an airline ticket, pay extra for a seat, and fuel. 

highway-robbery1.jpg

15 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Because they wanted a higher percent of the sales it seems. Hard to say who will lose more money out of this. 711 doesn't get the 4% but AIS loses an insane amount of locations. I am on True but given the location of a 711 to my condo and nothing else very close I would switch to True based on just that. 

On the other hand I usually top on online so I guess it doesn't matter. I don't really see a winner here.

Pay by the month. Cheap and easy.

16 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Hard to imagine why the CP group don't welcome the 35 million AIS users anymore?

Just because they have an interest in True?

Not so hard to think of a reason, if AIS has started messing up their actions with the businesses they deal with on the same way as they are doing with their customers, that's a logic consequence, not everyone it's ready to welcome the <deleted> they are up to lately, well done 7/11, GOOD RIDDANCE!

Seven-Eleven is the loser here-thus CP Group is making a huge mistake. Those customers who used 7/11 for Top UP normally would buy other things while there-  now they will be buying those other items from Family Mart/Tesco/ or other places. Very short term thinking from a Company that controls so many things and has made huge profits. Sounds like corporate arrogance to me. CP needs to remember what goes up can and usually does go down.

1 minute ago, Mangostin said:

Just top up by using your internet banking to avoid service charges

That's what I've done in the past but I don't have money going through my Thai bank account at the moment, I done it in Tops last time I think, can't remember...memory loss...

I use DTAC primarily, but the second SIM in my phone is AIS. I just switched it on for the first time for a month or so, and they sent me a text announcing that it is "comfortable to top up at 40000 ATMs nationwide. " There's almost always an ATM outside 7/11s so you can still stock up on their ghastly bread and milk.

10 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I used one in Pattaya a while ago, it wanted 105 Baht for 100 Baht credit. (Something I didn't realize until after I'd inserted the 100 Baht note).

Something different then.

I did the same a few days ago for two numbers, 100 Baht top-up for 100 Baht.

You use one of the machines as seen below?

You have a AIS/1-2-call number?

Otherwise clueless.

Just drove to the machine and double-checked.

Fees for 1-2-call top-up are as follows:

10: 2, 20: 2, 30: 3, 50: 3

100: 0, 200: 0, 300:0, 500:0, 800:0, 1000: 0

Checking your weight costs 1 Baht :biggrin:

(if groundplate attached)

There is tons of other things that you can do with these machines. I don't know what it all is and would be worth another thread.

boonterm.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

I have a Thai bank account and 10 years ago I got my account set up to  open  ONLINE.

It was still new back then and TONS of paperwork. But,  well worth it not to have to wait in lineups at the bank.

So to this issue of AIS - you must:

(A) get your bank account open online

(B) go down to AIS and have your pay-as-you-go card changed to a monthly billing account mailed to your house/apartment  

(C) Use that info to add a bill payment on your online banking.

It all sounds complicated. And being Thailand it is much more convoluted than it should be to start.

But then ... once a month , click-click -click ... bill paid ... & in the comfort of your own home. 

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

boonterm.jpg

Ohh dear, it's this the thai version of that robot's soldier which it's going to replace our troops on the battlefield soon???

According to the local war's manual, that black opening i see on this pic, it should be placed in the middle of the machine, not on top, and be on a vertical position....

7Eleven got so many benefits in the past from all the Thais who got their first cellphones and used 7Eleven to top them up. I find this act by CP just another act by bullies in this Thailand. Dump CP! Well, it would be nice but since they have such an octopus-strangehold over so many companies it can be hard to do. Makro is owned by them too. On top of this. I have a True phone which I bought 10 months ago which has broken down twice and taken 4 weeks to get back. I'm totally disgusted with their quality. I would never have bought the phone back then if I knew CP owned True. This company just disgusts me. Sorry for being honest.

15 hours ago, bangrak said:

ExpatoilWorker: 'Just because they have an interest in True?': Why would you need another reason for the most wealthy clan in Thailand (yes, even more than ... it seems) to go on playing its monopolistic, controling, games? This family, of 'Chinese descent', like all the others in the league, has a strong grip on the 'food chain' here, from rice (would over 500,000Rai be true?), corn, and other crops., over eggs, chicken and pork (cheptel, feeders, production, processing and distribution), and prepared food, to the distribution of their stuff via their(!) ...7-Eleven, Tesco, and Makro, even present in what's left of competition Family Marts and Big C...

CP has been very briefly, softly and reverently, pointed a (little) finger at, a few times, by the anti-monopolistic instance (yes, there is one, but since it exists, for, erm, 'some reasons', it did not proceed on one, single, case yet, go figure why...).

CP is a powerhouse, owning so much in Thailand, and abroad, it has become a-state-in-the-state, and I alas, sadly, doubt even the NCPO, when it would be busy with essential stuff for the population, would dare to start, though long overdue, any bit of a fight with CP group.

So yes, IMO, because of True, and more coming, wait, in insurance and banking, more about (land-) communication too, just considering the 'positions' the group has more recently taken in, locally, in P.R. China (big!), and elsewhere. One thing you can trust these 'people' about, is never to do anything that does not make them richer, more powerfull and dominant. Basic Chinese familial logic...

How could the Thai people ever get control over their country again when there is no 'r' in front of evolution, I really don't see in anymore for quite some time...  

So why haven't the CP group kicked DTAC out of their 7/11 shops?

6 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I tried to swap over to post pay a few years back, the red tape was off the charts so just stayed pre-paid.

1st of every month I log into my internet banking to pay rent/make car payments so the extra 30 seconds to throw some money on the phone is just the same as paying a phone bill anyways.

If you use the link posted by Rob13 (post #4), you don't even have to do that as you can set up automatic, monthly top-up.

https://mobiletopup.com/