FBI reopens probe into Hillary Clinton's emails

rooster59

11 minutes ago, Publicus said:

Your fine and proper conservative education comes across unmistakably.

Your recent spate of baiting and trolling posts directed to me personally are as of today entered onto the Ignore Honor Roll until after November 8th.

Cheers and have a good time with it until then.

Happy days, no more gushing from the head lefty.  I've noticed that you have a thing with education, just remember that it is not the end all to be all, I'd rather be worldly wise than and an educated "Fxxwit."  As for baiting and trolling, I don't think so but it's OK if you go back to your typical default setting when you find it difficult to respond.  And Thanks for adding me to your Honour Roll, I feel so privileged. :partytime2:  :wai:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Steely Dan said:

I suggest you read the Wikileaks Podesta emails and then come back and comment on the massive collusion between the press and Clinton campaign.Trump may be his own worst enemy in what he says, but Clinton is in what she has done, which never gets reported or investigated by the MSM. It's as if the election is happening in glorious isolation from Clinton's past yet has no problem obsessing on a ten year old video with Trump saying something vulgar.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

And I suggest that you stop making assumptions about what I read or do not read. Would be easier to address your argument if specific emails were linked (preferably without the varnish of partisan commentary). That you claim "massive collusion" does not make it into the conspiracy often suggested on these topics. And no, this is not a denial that there were reporters colluding with HRC's campaign, simply trying to maintain perspective and not engage in hyperbole. Hyperbole such as "...Clinton is in what she has done, which never gets reported or investigated by the MSM".

8 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

You seem to be the one who is confused. Don't you even know what is in your own posts?

I have never claimed the media is "solely responsible" for Republican loses. However, they make a HUGE difference by constantly distorting facts and telling blatant lies about presidential candidate. This is YOUR claim that I responded to and it is complete nonsense:

"Alleging the media is solely responsible for Republican presidential campaign failures during the last 8 years (and preemptively making similar claims with regard to the current campaigns) is quite out there."

It seems you want to split hairs about how long Trump has claimed media bias. He has been doing it all along. What possible difference does it make where he claimed it anyway? He was not complaining about Fox News he was complaining about the biased media ON Fox news.

7 times Donald Trump talked up the ‘dishonest,’ ‘dirty’ ABC News poll during the primaries.

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/06/26/7-times-donald-trump-talked-up-the-dishonest-dirty-abc-news-poll-during-the-primaries/

I mentioned a few issues which seem to pertain to the Republican failure to win the elections during the last 8 years. The only one which you chose to relate to is supposed media bias. Apparently, Republican failures are not related to choice of candidates, demographics trends, outdated policies and voters wishes. 

It does make a difference when a private person claims something and when a presidential candidate claims somethings. The venue matters as well - less obviously so, as you snipped the relevant bit from my post:

Seems like MSM is simply a tag for any major media outlet which does not say what one expects.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/950970-fbi-reopens-probe-into-hillary-clintons-emails/?page=29#comment-11291529

Is Fox considered biased MSM only when they do not carry Trump's flag?

11 minutes ago, Morch said:

Is Fox considered biased MSM only when they do not carry Trump's flag?

Not sure why you keep harping on this. I do not see anyone but you claiming that Fox News is biased against Republicans or part of the MSM. If you are referring to Trump's tiff with Megyn Kelly, she is only one journalist and as far as I am concerned, she was just doing her job. Trump is alone on defending that one. 

36 minutes ago, Morch said:

Hyperbole such as "...Clinton is in what she has done, which never gets reported or investigated by the MSM".

Don't think so as that statement is basically true because Crooked Hillary is nothing if not the embodiment of corruption personified.  :shock1:

4 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Don't think so as that statement is basically true because Crooked Hillary is nothing if not the embodiment of corruption personified.  :shock1:

Basically, that amounted to I don't think so because I don't think so.

Nothing factual.

5 minutes ago, midas said:

I am not American so I don't know if this guy in this video is credible or not but it's certainly worth listening to

Wow! That's not your average redneck militia member is it?

Pieczenik served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under Henry Kissinger is well-versed in foreign policy, international crisis management, and psychological warfare. He also served under presidential administrations as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, and George H.W. Bush’s White House.

19 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Not sure why you keep harping on this. I do not see anyone but you claiming that Fox News is biased against Republicans or part of the MSM. If you are referring to Trump's tiff with Megyn Kelly, she is only one journalist and as far as I am concerned, she was just doing her job. Trump is alone on defending that one. 

I'm not "harping" on it, more to do with your posting style, which leaves bits of posts all over the topic.

There were certainly Trump supporters, and posters going on about Fox leaning this way or that, both during the primaries and the

presidential election campaigns. I also do not think that there is Fox News sentiment is identical with regards to "Republicans" and Trump. As for Fox News being part of the MSM - here is another poster saying the same on this very topic.

Like I said, seems like demeaning use of the MSM tag is not a very tight definition, more a way to label any mass media not in line with poster's views.

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Wow! That's not your average redneck militia member is it?

More complicated than that....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pieczenik

He was quite a brilliant academic, and he was involved in various intel and foreign policy issues.

In recent years, he's more and more into conspiracy theory stuff.

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

As for Fox News being part of the MSM - here is another poster saying the same on this very topic.

You HAVE to be joking. You link to Publicus as someone who agrees with you on FOX News? He expresses open contempt for Fox News and conservatives in practically every post - hardly an unbiased observer. Who cares what he opines on this matter? 

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

He was quite a brilliant academic, and he was involved in various intel and foreign policy issues.

I can't speak to that latter day stuff, but yeah it seems odd, but what a life prior to that. The thing is, while I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, everyday, more and more, we see that conspiracies are going on around us. Mostly the self serving kind as with the Clintons, but it certainly opens the door for the more unbelievable kind to gain traction.

16 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

You HAVE to be joking. You link to Publicus as someone who agrees with you on FOX News? He expresses open contempt for Fox News and conservatives in practically every post - hardly an unbiased observer. Who cares what he opines on this matter? 

The link was to a post by Linzz, replying to a post by Publicus:

The difference is that Fox does not hide the fact that most of their presenters are advocates of the Right. Most of the rest of the MSM pretend they are independent and above the fray while in reality are advocates of the left. I prefer a bit of honesty.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/950970-fbi-reopens-probe-into-hillary-clintons-emails/?page=27#comment-11289665

The relevant bit was "...Most of the rest of the MSM...".

Maybe Americans should pay more attention to independent sources who don’t have a bias one way or another and perhaps they would get a better understanding of what’s really happening in Washington.

The former   British Ambassador to Uzbekistan, and Chancellor of the University of Dundee Craig Murray won’t gain whoever wins the White House but he says he knows with 100% certainty that it is USA insiders and not the Russians that are behind the email leaks.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that it is not any Russian state actor or proxy that gave the Democratic National Committee and Podesta material to WikiLeaks. The claim is nonsense. Journalists are also publishing that these were obtained by “hacking” with no evidence that this was the method used to obtain them.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/10/really-really-upset-foreign-office-security-services/

9 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I can't speak to that latter day stuff, but yeah it seems odd, but what a life prior to that. The thing is, while I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, everyday, more and more, we see that conspiracies are going on around us. Mostly the self serving kind as with the Clintons, but it certainly opens the door for the more unbelievable kind to gain traction.

Well, he's certainly a character. And not as easily dismissed as others. That said, some of his views are controversial (and he embraces being controversial). The conspiracy theory stuff can be found on his Alex Jones appearances, among others.

I doubt that there are more actual conspiracies, but sure that there's a whole lot more accessible information. The prevalence of conspiracy theories is, IMO, related to this this, and to social trends in the West related to authority and religion. But that's probably drifting off topic.

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

Well, he's certainly a character. And not as easily dismissed as others. That said, some of his views are controversial (and he embraces being controversial). The conspiracy theory stuff can be found on his Alex Jones appearances, among others.

I doubt that there are more actual conspiracies, but sure that there's a whole lot more accessible information. The prevalence of conspiracy theories is, IMO, related to this this, and to social trends in the West related to authority and religion. But that's probably drifting off topic.

Institutions are breaking down. There's just too much money floating around. And with so much money at stake, the capability to co-opt those who hold the public trust, but also to learn that which would be secret increases. 

34 minutes ago, midas said:

Maybe Americans should pay more attention to independent sources who don’t have a bias one way or another and perhaps they would get a better understanding of what’s really happening in Washington.

The former   British Ambassador to Uzbekistan, and Chancellor of the University of Dundee Craig Murray won’t gain whoever wins the White House but he says he knows with 100% certainty that it is USA insiders and not the Russians that are behind the email leaks.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/10/really-really-upset-foreign-office-security-services/

Saying that a source is "independent" does not mean it is not partisan or biased. Such is the case of Murray. Murray got a long lasting grudge related to US foreign policy, and is a outspoken supporter of Assange. Maybe knowing more about him and his views would make for better understanding of his actual position.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Murray

17 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Institutions are breaking down. There's just too much money floating around. And with so much money at stake, the capability to co-opt those who hold the public trust, but also to learn that which would be secret increases. 

That's a a couple of unfounded statements, leading to two unfounded conclusions.

Conspiracy theory has a fertile ground to grow in when the MSM stop reporting the news without wrapping it up in agenda. Then the facts leak out from alternative sources and the political leaders on the receiving end resort to conspiracies of their own, the Russians did it, the FBI are trying to swing the election being a couple I can think of.

1 minute ago, Steely Dan said:

Conspiracy theory has a fertile ground to grow in when the MSM stop reporting the news without wrapping it up in agenda. Then the facts leak out from alternative sources and the political leaders on the receiving end resort to conspiracies of their own, the Russians did it, the FBI are trying to swing the election being a couple I can think of.

And the underlying assumption would be that "alternative sources" are not related to agendas? That leaks are not related to agendas? That domestic and foreign rivals are not related to agendas?

And the underlying assumption would be that "alternative sources" are not related to agendas? That leaks are not related to agendas? That domestic and foreign rivals are not related to agendas?

I never implied that alternative sources are either impartial or factual, they have however become the only way to get the whole picture when the MSM walk in lock step. The public are well aware of this, whilst those disliking the fact say 'Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain'.

a3eb9c2bccc4912ea80f82bdebf4a887.jpg

23 minutes ago, Morch said:

That's a a couple of unfounded statements, leading to two unfounded conclusions.

You know, some people learn everything from what they read in the paper. Others just look around them. My eyes have never failed me yet.

Edited by lannarebirth

15 minutes ago, Morch said:

Everything is related to an agenda. What's sad is when people are co-opted by those agendas.. Let's get back to the people's agenda.

Huma Abedin...Ties to Saudi Arabia?....Hillary's second daughter...Haven't verified facts so don't shoot me. Glad the FBI have access, not surprised with anything these days 

If just an hysterical anti Muslim conspiracy theory then I guess it will fizz if not already debunked...

You decide

"Huma Abedin tied to terrorism - Hillary's number 1 aide Huma Abedin has undeniable ties to terrorists & 9/11 funders. "

2 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

I never implied that alternative sources are either impartial or factual, they have however become the only way to get the whole picture when the MSM walk in lock step. The public are well aware of this, whilst those disliking the fact say 'Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain'.

a3eb9c2bccc4912ea80f82bdebf4a887.jpg

My argument is that so-called "alternative" or "independent" sources are rarely that. And further, they are not even being held to the same standards used to bash so-called MSM.

7 hours ago, nottocus said:

Isn't destroying emails after they were subpoenaed illegal?

If it was illegal, wouldn't there be charges laid?

Politifact's ruling on this issue:

"Trump said, "You (Hillary Clinton) get a subpoena, and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails."

Clinton’s staff received a subpoena for Benghazi-related emails March 4. An employee managing her server deleted 33,000 of Clinton’s emails three weeks later.

The FBI found no evidence that the emails were deleted deliberately to avoid the subpoena or other requests. Clinton’s team requested for the emails to be deleted months before the subpoena came. They also argued that all the emails that would be relevant to the subpoena had already been turned over to the State Department."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/09/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-hillary-clinton-deleted-33000-em/

Sorry. Innuendo doesn't count. It is just further evidence of the manufactured nature of this 'scandal'. Maybe you would be better served by trying to spread the Hillary Death List around http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/clinton-death-list-33-most-intriguing-cases/. The same absence of credibility that applies to virtually all claims about the email beat up.

What the Hell! It's just Hillary. Let's just keep on making stuff up.