FBI reopens probe into Hillary Clinton's emails

rooster59

6 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

You know, some people learn everything from what they read in the paper. Others just look around them. My eyes have never failed me yet.

Very deep, that.

Guess we have no choice but to bow to the wisdom of your 20/20 eyesight.

Again, saying something like "Institutions are breaking down." is all very well. But it still is a generalized comment, without substance or factual anchor. Moving on from that to far reaching conclusions is a bit iffy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Everything is related to an agenda. What's sad is when people are co-opted by those agendas.. Let's get back to the people's agenda.

What is the "people's agenda"? Who decides?

3 hours ago, Linzz said:

Sure happy to oblige. 

It is interesting that those on the left commonly exhibit (well illustrated on here) a penchant for using their academic credentials as a status symbol even to the point of revealing the nature of those credentials as a means of adding extra weight to their arguments. The need to reveal such personal information and even use it to as padding to an argument instead undercuts their own validity.  This is illustrated in the use of mocking rhetoric and epithets.

Also interesting is your point about the Right.The above is not indulged in so much, as also illustrated on TVF  because they don't have qualifications to use to browbeat others with but simply rely on the strengths of their arguments themselves. Or if they do have qualifications then they recognize that they are irrelevant to the argument on hand and to introduce personal status is simply a bourgeois preoccupation.

The persecution complex of the poorly educated fringe, so beloved of Trump is showing.

The poorly educated feels 'brow beaten' when someone mentions that they have training in law in the midst of an argument about American law. Oh dear! The poorly educated fringe goes apes*t. "How dare you contradict my biased opinion with actual facts" "You elitist, showing off with your degrees and knowledge".

Entirely ironic that the only American in that school yard spat was the lawyer. Everyone else was a non American commenting about American Law happily congratulating each other in their ignorance.

So now we have the persecution complex coming out, celebrating ignorance and trying to marginalise the value of education. Why does Trump and ignorance fit together so well?

No goats in my horse's stall.

12 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Congratulations America for turning the democratic process into the laughing stock of the world, and thanks, it is rather entertaining!

Gee, Shawn.  So glad you are entertained by what could result in disaster for millions of people. 

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

Very deep, that.

Guess we have no choice but to bow to the wisdom of your 20/20 eyesight.

Again, saying something like "Institutions are breaking down." is all very well. But it still is a generalized comment, without substance or factual anchor. Moving on from that to far reaching conclusions is a bit iffy.

It's really not very deep. I carry it with me from my first day on the job as a third officer on merchant ships. I was the officer of the watch and we were traversing some narrow fjords and approaching some high current narrows. Out of what I thought was an abundance of caution I had my head buried in the radar. The Master admonished me right smartly that there was a lot more information to be gained by looking out the window and of course he was correct. It's a lesson I never forgot and value to this day.

I read and watch news from both the right and left. I watch the way trump and clinton respond to questions and if they avoid giving answers (something to hide). I also remember history and try to make sense of the issues surrounding both. I look at the people that surrounds them. I check out the left the right and the independent online news. After all this I make up my mind who I should believe but keeping in mind that I still could be wrong.
Too many people only see one side and can't even spend a little time entertaining the thought that it could be biased.
My current thinking is that Hillary is corrupt and trump is nasty. Corruption has no place in government so I guess if having to pick I pick none of the above.... Bernie or Bust !!!

3 hours ago, Linzz said:

Sure happy to oblige. 

It is interesting that those on the left commonly exhibit (well illustrated on here) a penchant for using their academic credentials as a status symbol even to the point of revealing the nature of those credentials as a means of adding extra weight to their arguments. The need to reveal such personal information and even use it to as padding to an argument instead undercuts their own validity.  This is illustrated in the use of mocking rhetoric and epithets.

Also interesting is your point about the Right.The above is not indulged in so much, as also illustrated on TVF  because they don't have qualifications to use to browbeat others with but simply rely on the strengths of their arguments themselves. Or if they do have qualifications then they recognize that they are irrelevant to the argument on hand and to introduce personal status is simply a bourgeois preoccupation.

Nothing to do with academic credentials. Formal creds are usually a reference point that, as you'd noted, can sometimes have little to do with insight. I mention my M.A. here because it always increased my salary wherever I'd signed on for the employment position. To some people excepting myself for one, that's all that matters about it.

James Comey has all kind of proper academic and recognised creds, yet he has demonstrated beyond any doubt he hasn't any clue about life or of Washington politics. This may make him wealthy beyond his dreams, but it doesn't place him in a credible standing in society or in the law and legal community. Or, worse, not Constitutionally most vital of all.

Your posts directly or indirectly, explicitly or implicitly, state that an educated conservative is a legitimately educated person who has a true, right and proper education. That, in contrast, an educated LW person is, as the only or primary direct result of becoming educated, silly, cute, vain, arrogant, smug, snobby, flashy about it, if not worse; flippant and undeserving, because we haven't any proper notion of what education is or how to conduct one's self as an educated person, i.e., as a political-cultural conservative. Or even better, an extremist fringe rightwhinger. 

So the bottom line of your constant and wounded whinging about educated LW folk demonstrates yet again the conservative well known traditional and historical posture, which is to look down their nose at the rest of the rabble. Youse can watch us and wince as we get our 'facile' education, but you surely wouldn't dare take us to a meeting of the local Republican Club. Or to the Oath Keepers right sector society for the matter.

Comey is the kind of properly educated guy over there too. 

21 minutes ago, Morch said:

That would be a personal agenda, not a "people's agenda".

I thought it was implied that you ought to decide for you and other people ought to decide for themselves. Go ahead, I trust you, even if I may not agree with you all the time. I just happen to think many people have been co-opted to buy into a narrative that makes absolutely no sense. If only they were able to trust what they see with their own eyes. Not what they hear, Not what they might read, that may not be entirely factual, but what they see.

edit: I should note I don't necessarily discount what I hear or read, but if it doesn't square with what I actually see or experience it plays a very small part in how I form my opinions.

Edited by lannarebirth

4 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

The persecution complex of the poorly educated fringe, so beloved of Trump is showing.

The poorly educated feels 'brow beaten' when someone mentions that they have training in law in the midst of an argument about American law. Oh dear! The poorly educated fringe goes apes*t. "How dare you contradict my biased opinion with actual facts" "You elitist, showing off with your degrees and knowledge".

Entirely ironic that the only American in that school yard spat was the lawyer. Everyone else was a non American commenting about American Law happily congratulating each other in their ignorance.

So now we have the persecution complex coming out, celebrating ignorance and trying to marginalise the value of education. Why does Trump and ignorance fit together so well?

No goats in my horse's stall.

Lol. As usual your posts are full of presumption joining the dots of your imagination linking anything you can dream up with pseudo psychology.  Now it's the status of the "poorly educated" with which you arrive at conclusions without any real evidence. You wouldn't do well in a court room, you'd be thrown out in 2 minutes. Keep guessing. Counselor.

12 minutes ago, Publicus said:

Nothing to do with academic credentials. Formal creds are usually a reference point that, as you'd noted, can sometimes have little to do with insight. I mention my M.A. here because it always increased my salary wherever I'd signed on for the employment position. To some people excepting myself for one, that's all that matters about it.

James Comey has all kind of proper academic and recognised creds, yet he has demonstrated beyond any doubt he hasn't any clue about life or of Washington politics. This may make him wealthy beyond his dreams, but it doesn't place him in a credible standing in society or in the law and legal community. Or, worse, not Constitutionally most vital of all.

Your posts directly or indirectly, explicitly or implicitly, state that an educated conservative is a legitimately educated person who has a true, right and proper education. That, in contrast, an educated LW person is, as the only or primary direct result of becoming educated, silly, cute, vain, arrogant, smug, snobby, flashy about it, if not worse; flippant and undeserving, because we haven't any proper notion of what education is or how to conduct one's self as an educated person, i.e., as a political-cultural conservative. Or even better, an extremist fringe rightwhinger. 

So the bottom line of your constant and wounded whinging about educated LW folk demonstrates yet again the conservative well known traditional and historical posture, which is to look down their nose at the rest of the rabble. Youse can watch us and wince as we get our 'facile' education, but you surely wouldn't dare take us to a meeting of the local Republican Club. Or to the Oath Keepers right sector society for the matter.

Comey is the kind of properly educated guy over there too. 

OK we'll leave it at that then,  I'll let you and TDKD argue the toss if I'm conservatively or poorly educated.

6 minutes ago, Linzz said:

Lol. As usual your posts are full of presumption joining the dots of your imagination linking anything you can dream up with pseudo psychology.  Now it's the status of the "poorly educated" with which you arrive at conclusions without any real evidence. You wouldn't do well in a court room, you'd be thrown out in 2 minutes. Keep guessing. Counselor.

Would that be a courtroom in the United States or in New Zealand?

It appears pseudo psychology is your word du jour as I am not the first one that you have tried this on. Perhaps a bit of variety may add to your empty attacks and blind partisan crap.

As usual with Trump fanboys, just using Trump's words is enough to collapse any feeble argument they may have. Trump was the one who said he 'loves the poorly educated'. He has embraced one demographic, yours or at least the American version of you and your school boy gang of non Americans and called it his 'movement'. He will find out next week that he should have relied on metamucil for his movements than a fringe minority of disaffected, sad has beens, nobodies and never were's.

3 minutes ago, Linzz said:

OK we'll leave it at that then,  I'll let you and TDKD argue the toss if I'm conservatively or poorly educated.

Nothing wrong with a conservative education, so you've read me wrong on that. It is what it is, and there are academically high quality conservative institutions of learning at all levels throughout the West.

In the instance of James Comey, the Republican Party pathetic sellout coup maker and toy super strongman of the United States, he seems to conduct himself in ways that suggest he believes he is entitled to singularly and personally use his position to determine the next Potus. And to walk away from it unscathed -- or perhaps to remain in his present position as chief investigator of the United States. Fat chance. (Many believe Comey does in fact have a Plan B of a great and coming good fortune.)

Your arbitrary and summary dismissal, however, of the legitimacy and achievements of the educated LW because he/she is politically left of center, is an entirely political act in itself that is disrespectful of intellect, honorable striving, personal improvement and advancement, personal and professional development, a positive career contribution to society and to the economy -- and more.

All of this simply because the person's politics are opposite to yours. That, my rightwing colleague of posting, reveals a serious cultural deficit and in itself reveals also a compound intellectual deficiency. All colored by class and political-cultural factors. 

It are the right who pander to the useful idiot rednecks.

Carry on.

With this formal Federal Criminal Investigation now underway not to be derailed again, we can genuinely see that the demise of this evil woman is at hand. Calling for transparency? Nice try,  :sleep:

Guess she does not remember just what a Grand Jury is?

Hint...they meet in secrecy. :sleep:

Would that be a courtroom in the United States or in New Zealand?

It appears pseudo psychology is your word du jour as I am not the first one that you have tried this on. Perhaps a bit of variety may add to your empty attacks and blind partisan crap.

As usual with Trump fanboys, just using Trump's words is enough to collapse any feeble argument they may have. Trump was the one who said he 'loves the poorly educated'. He has embraced one demographic, yours or at least the American version of you and your school boy gang of non Americans and called it his 'movement'. He will find out next week that he should have relied on metamucil for his movements than a fringe minority of disaffected, sad has beens, nobodies and never were's.

The same supercilious and condescending attitude was much on display before the U.K. Population voted to leave the EU. It may please you that the FBI white collar crime division is currently looking into the Clinton foundation as a top priority. White collar crime is just so much more high brow.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

The same supercilious and condescending attitude was much on display before the U.K. Population voted to leave the EU.

Wake me up when Brexit happens. A tiny majority is not an endorsement. The sad old has-beens and their attempt to keep england racially pure have been led by the nose.

Still pushing the line about Michelle Obama's tweets? Pretty much exposes the credibility gap of a Brexiteer commenting on the Presidential election.

Wake me up when Brexit happens. A tiny majority is not an endorsement. The sad old has-beens and their attempt to keep england racially pure have been led by the nose.

Still pushing the line about Michelle Obama's tweets? Pretty much exposes the credibility gap of a Brexiteer commenting on the Presidential election.

Your evident contempt for a democratic mandate is telling. At least to be consistent you should not be surprised if people refuse to accept the election result should Hillary win. If she does she will very likely be indicted, unless of course her corrupted DOJ can prevent that. The news is out though, HRC is rotten to the core and a constitutional crisis and likely massive civil unrest would follow should she escape justice.

11 hours ago, Linzz said:

Steady on. I will answer. I'm not a "liberal" and it wasn't a putdown, and if you look at his answer you will see I "liked" it because he is a returned soldier who put his life on the line and now living the dream in Thailand and all respect  due to him.

I genuinely thought he was Australian which is a reasonable conclusion to draw by his avatar and commented that's all. Are we at cross purposes Bob? 

Oops - my mistake - apologies. We are in 'violent agreement'. :)

1 hour ago, Steely Dan said:

The same supercilious and condescending attitude was much on display before the U.K. Population voted to leave the EU. It may please you that the FBI white collar crime division is currently looking into the Clinton foundation as a top priority. White collar crime is just so much more high brow.

This little meme sums up Crooked Hillary full stop:

*redacted*

35 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

Your evident contempt for a democratic mandate is telling. At least to be consistent you should not be surprised if people refuse to accept the election result should Hillary win. If she does she will very likely be indicted, unless of course her corrupted DOJ can prevent that. The news is out though, HRC is rotten to the core and a constitutional crisis and likely massive civil unrest would follow should she escape justice.

If you are going to attack someone over some make believe outrage over this 'democratic' process that was a tainted, political exercise, then you may want to find something better than a piece of wet lettuce to brandish. You little englanders are attempting to move a second rate country down into the minor leagues for the sake of racial purity. No skin off my nose.

I find it ludicrous that a non American is lecturing us about impending Constitutional crises as a result of partisan bickering. What 'people' are you talking about? You? You don't get a vote. The old white poorly educated? Sorry. They are a minority and will be even more marginalized unless they learn how to play with others who may have a different gender or ethnicity.

Michael Moore Warns Men: Your ‘10,000-Year Reign Is Over’ If Hillary Clinton Wins

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michael-moore-women_us_58194a16e4b0f96eba96d30a

Since you are not American, it is not surprising that you don't have a sense of how the country, its people and its institutions come together to support the elected President. Your silly right wing fantasies will remain just that. Silly. And fantasies. Nothing more ridiculous than partisans believing their own polemic. After Hillary is inaugurated, then the rules change. Expect the purges to be extensive. And the militias from the boonies will stay at home and cry in their beer. I am not contemptuous of the democratic process. I rely on it to contain the lunatics with whom you associate.

5 hours ago, Publicus said:

Nothing wrong with a conservative education, so you've read me wrong on that. It is what it is, and there are academically high quality conservative institutions of learning at all levels throughout the West.

In the instance of James Comey, the Republican Party pathetic sellout coup maker and toy super strongman of the United States, he seems to conduct himself in ways that suggest he believes he is entitled to singularly and personally use his position to determine the next Potus. And to walk away from it unscathed -- or perhaps to remain in his present position as chief investigator of the United States. Fat chance. (Many believe Comey does in fact have a Plan B of a great and coming good fortune.)

Your arbitrary and summary dismissal, however, of the legitimacy and achievements of the educated LW because he/she is politically left of center, is an entirely political act in itself that is disrespectful of intellect, honorable striving, personal improvement and advancement, personal and professional development, a positive career contribution to society and to the economy -- and more.

All of this simply because the person's politics are opposite to yours. That, my rightwing colleague of posting, reveals a serious cultural deficit and in itself reveals also a compound intellectual deficiency. All colored by class and political-cultural factors. 

It are the right who pander to the useful idiot rednecks.

Carry on.

Well since you seem to want to carry on in this vein I will comment that your post is typical for you to start off reasonably, build to a crescendo and end up being unreasonable, viz " It are the right who pander to the useful idiot rednecks". (sic)

I think you misread me with regards to the merits of education in that you think I do not disrespect honorable achievement, on the contrary all your references to personal improvement and contribution are laudable in themselves. But they stand alone not coloured by the politics of left or right so you're confusing issues.

My objections are about your tendency not to use your position in a positive way but more to name call denigrate deride and insult (as highlighted). We have discussed your use of inflammatory language before being largely counterproductive but enjoyable for you alone. Conclusively unbecoming of the educated stature you wish to project.

"All of this simply because the person's politics are opposite to yours" ....

" reveals a serious cultural deficit and in itself reveals also a compound intellectual deficiency." Permit me to re quote you but you have perfectly self described and summarized what I think about you and your compatriots. I couldn't put it better myself. It has puzzled me often why yours is a shared and common theme on the Left and whether it's because of, or in spite of your education.

Nothing personal you understand, I'm sure if we met we would get along just fine. I do have left leaning friends and they tolerate me!