Trump calls for return to enhanced interrogation

webfact

The Latest: Trump calls for return to enhanced interrogation

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the 2016 presidential race (all times EDT):

10:20 p.m.

Donald Trump is reviving his call for the U.S. to engage in more extreme interrogation methods, saying the country has to be "pretty vicious" sometimes.

Trump was talking about the barbaric tactics used by Islamic State militants at a rally that drew thousands to an Albuquerque airport hangar. He scoffed at the fact that President Barack Obama has barred the use of waterboarding — a tactic Trump has long insisted works.

He says, "We have to be in some cases pretty vicious, to be honest with you."

The Senate Intelligence Committee's report in late 2014 concluded that no actionable intelligence was gained from the detainees who were put in ice baths, threatened with death, kept in cages, waterboarded and subjected to sleep deprivation, booming music and other forms of psychological torture.

Trump is raising eyebrows with his decision to campaign in Democratic states like New Mexico and Michigan.

But Trump says that he's a different kind of Republican and expects to win the state.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-10-31

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I am all for it, but IN SECRET. Why is he broaching this controversial subject just when he is on the verge of possibly winning? I am starting to wonder of he really does want to lose. :sick:

I quess you hadn't noticed that he is actually retarded.

Just now, Ulysses G. said:

I am all for it, but IN SECRET. Why is he broaching this controversial subject just when he is on the verge of possibly winning?

I am starting to wonder of he really does want to lose. :sick:

I wonder why a self proclaimed "non-Trump" supporter continually rushes to his defence within minutes of a topic posting... :whistling:

But, I do love how the Bloviator continually makes a fool of his incompetent, ignorant self.

It's Glorious.

Daily Stormer.

Edited by iReason

DT also stated in the past that he would condone the killing of terrorists' families but then he flip flopped on it. He will probably restate his point of view (flip-flop) on this "enhanced interrogation" issue as well. Typical DT, spew vitriol and then attempt to mop it up when it starts to stink.

Ah, an oldie but a goodie:

Trump flip-flops on torture, killing terrorists’ families

http://nypost.com/2016/03/04/trump-flip-flops-on-torture-killing-terrorists-families/

4 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I am all for it, but IN SECRET. Why is he broaching this controversial subject just when he is on the verge of possibly winning? I am starting to wonder of he really does want to lose. :sick:

He broaches a controversial subject like this because it plays well with the chicken hawks.

5 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

As I mentioned in another thread the man is determined to ensure Hilary will win.

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I see trump says to be honest with you. I suppose that means when he usually doesn't preface his comments with that phrase, we can assume he is lying. Objectively speaking, he lies much much more than Hillary Clinton. 

To be honest he only needs a good waterboarding.

16 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

We can only hope so!  Maybe he realises that him being President would be a complete nightmare!

Can you honestly see DT actually living in the White House? He would probably take one look around and go right back to his gold layered housing at the Tower. DT would never stay in government housing. Maybe his first official act will be to move the oval office to the Tower.

6 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

So you are in favor of torture in secret, have you learnt nothing from history, torture rarely works as people will say anything to stop the pain.

are you really supporting methods used by the Germans in WW 2 or the Turks in WW 1

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Buffoonery or lunacy or cunning that is the question. With Teflon Trump he can pretty well say what he wants or grab the handiest woman by the unmentionables and it does not stick. He seems to mantra his way out of everything. 

1 hour ago, Silurian said:

Can you honestly see DT actually living in the White House? He would probably take one look around and go right back to his gold layered housing at the Tower. DT would never stay in government housing. Maybe his first official act will be to move the oval office to the Tower.

Actually I think he would live in The White House but re-name it President Trump's House.

10 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

They were also used by the USA and England, because they - despite the PC nonsense - work.

Actually research showed it didn't which is the main reason it was banned in the UK.  Still whatever you want to believe  I guess.

11 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Actually research showed it didn't which is the main reason it was banned in the UK.  Still whatever you want to believe  I guess.

Torture does not work. 

During the war, my father was involved with station X and the Y service being a German (and French) linguist. I know what does work but can't say in public. Let's just say it's not cricket. Rather more intelligent than American methods as one would expect ?

There is a reason the U.K. Still has a seat at the top table and it's not because of the number of aircraft carriers we have !

Edited by Grouse

5 hours ago, mamypoko said:

He broaches a controversial subject like this because it plays well with the chicken hawks.

He's already got his base sorted and doesn't need to play to them. Going off on a tangent again will just cause another unnecessary storm.

Can't agree with Trump on this one. Torture doesn't always get the answers you want, just any answer to make the pain stop. 

Sorry about that UG, dunno what the answer is.

Edited by Linzz

29 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

They were also used by the USA and England, because they - despite the PC nonsense - work.

Pedantic I know, but please, it is The United Kingdom (UK) as the political entity,  or Great Britain  as the geographical location (Island). The UK is the country, the people are referred to as "The British".

England is just one (the largest)of the four nations which make up the United Kingdom. I am British, and English, much as one can be a Citizen of the USA, and Californian.

After all, we acknowledge that the United States now consists of rather more than the original 13 States!

If you're going to make such allegations about us you could at least get the name of our country right!

Edited by JAG

The more I hear and listen to Donald Trump- the more I am convinced he is quite ignorant. He knows nothing about enhance interrogation and couldn't be more wrong. If he was elected President- I doubt anyone in the military would follow such an order as it has been banned and thus is illegal. Trump lives in his own wealthy World. He has seldom met an average American who toils for a living and has to save for a future.  I doubt he has even walked around the other poorer boroughs of New York city where his maids and gardeners live because they can't afford the rent in Manhattan.  Sorry Donald- you didn't get my vote- simply because you have no qualifications to be President and you would never help the middle class or poor.