Yellow book for foreign condo owner in Pattaya.

NanLaew

A friend of mine, a long time Pattaya condo owner is asking where he needs to apply for a yellow book and ultimately an ID card. His home is in VT2 over on Jomtien. Does that still come under Pattaya City hall or the Nongprue Municipal Office for applying?

Thanks,

NL

Edited by NanLaew

Actually if he legally owns the Condo then his name should be in the blue book issued with the Condo, and therefore does not need a yellow book to get the ID card. If he does want to double up for some reason he would be best to ask at Nongprue first. The ID card can only be obtained at Banglamung.

Actually if he legally owns the Condo then his name should be in the blue book issued with the Condo, and therefore does not need a yellow book to get the ID card. If he does want to double up for some reason he would be best to ask at Nongprue first. The ID card can only be obtained at Banglamung.

Just checked google and it says blue book is for thais? I have a yellow book but was never given a blue book

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

First step in getting an ID card is getting a yellow book, and you get both from Pattaya City Hall.

I did it 2 weeks ago.

Condo owners have blue books but there names are not in them, only a Thai can go in a blue book, foreigners go in a yellow book, thats what a yellow book is.

List of required docs for yellow book application, Pattaya City Hall. Translated MFA certified marriage documents will be accepted in lieu of passport translation as they contain your translated name.

yellow.jpgll

4 hours ago, couchpotato said:

3 hours ago, mcfish said:

Just checked google and it says blue book is for thais? I have a yellow book but was never given a blue book
Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Thai and Farang owner should have a blue book.. but a farang name can't be in the blue book only in the yellow one. As for a thai person their name will be in the blue book.

If you are only renting a condo, then probably you never will see a blue book.

I have an empty blue book and a yellow book since a few days. With the yellow book you can obtain then the pink ID card.

The blue or yellow book has nothing to do with ownership. But this is also not clear to many thais. Because of this some thais not like to give the blue book to a farang for aquiring the yellow one.

A Thai owner don't even need to have their name on the blue book... if they already have it on somewhere else like their home in Bangkok, you can only be present in one book at a time

Being in blue book doesn't imply ownership, only domicile.... but being on the bluebook means steps towards getting utilities... credits.... and if a resident on the bluebook is defaulting on loans and went through the court... the bailiff could come and collect at the address and it'd be troublesome to prove ownership of the contents within that address doesn't belong to the deadbeat.... hence most landlords are reluctant to let people 'move in' to the blue book even though they're supposed to

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

List of required docs for yellow book application, Pattaya City Hall. Translated MFA certified marriage documents will be accepted in lieu of passport translation as they contain your translated name.

Thanks for that info. How long does it take if fronting up with all the correct paperwork and witnesses and how much does it cost?

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks for that info. How long does it take if fronting up with all the correct paperwork and witnesses and how much does it cost?

It took 3 visits over 3 weeks, submit paperwork and witnesses sign, go back when they call around a week later and sign more stuff witnesses as well, a week later they call to pick up. Not sure why it takes so long, people in other amphers report a couple of days. Cost was 100 baht for yellow book and 60 baht for ID

39 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

I live in Ban Bueng, Chonburi. The municipal office told me that I had to be married to get a "Yellow Book".   True or False??  

False. It makes it easier for some municipal offices. See post #7 for Pattaya City hall's official list and comment that an MFA certified translation of a Thai marriage certificate will be accepted in lieu of an MFA certified translation of as foreigners passport. There are people renting that have acquired a yellow book. Like everything related to Thai governmental affairs, your LOCAL experience may vary.

14 hours ago, HampiK said:

Thai and Farang owner should have a blue book.. but a farang name can't be in the blue book only in the yellow one. As for a thai person their name will be in the blue book.

If you are only renting a condo, then probably you never will see a blue book.

I have an empty blue book and a yellow book since a few days. With the yellow book you can obtain then the pink ID card.

The blue or yellow book has nothing to do with ownership. But this is also not clear to many thais. Because of this some thais not like to give the blue book to a farang for aquiring the yellow one.

Did you get your YB in any of the Pattaya jurisdictions? I am looking for anyone with recent experience with the Nongprue Municipal Office application so I can compare with the 3-week Pattaya City Hall rigmarole.

Edited by NanLaew

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Did you get your YB in any of the Pattaya jurisdictions? I am looking for anyone with recent experience with the Nongprue Municipal Office application so I can compare with the 3-week Pattaya City Hall rigmarole.

A neighbour got theirs from Nongprue council in a couple of days. What are the advantages of the Yellow book and Thai ID card?

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I initially went to Nongprue office and was directed to Pattaya City Hall.

I live in Jomtiem and went to Nongprue as the address on my blue book says Tambon : Nongprue.

The very helpful guy at Nongprue said "you only come here if your Blue book says Nongprue"

I did consider questioning at the time, but let it go and went to Pattaya.

33 minutes ago, giddyup said:

My partner has mentioned to me about getting a yellow book, but I'm not clear what advantages (if any) that will give me.

No need to continually get resident certificates from immigration. Can be used for license, buy and sell vehicles, open bank accounts, get utilities on etc. Thais do everything with a Blue book and ID card, In theory you should be able to do the same with a yellow book and ID. 

24 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

No need to continually get resident certificates from immigration. Can be used for license, buy and sell vehicles, open bank accounts, get utilities on etc. Thais do everything with a Blue book and ID card, In theory you should be able to do the same with a yellow book and ID. 

Thanks.

58 minutes ago, giddyup said:

... What are the advantages of the Yellow book and Thai ID card?

Yellow book: Fast tracked the initial Thai DL application and facilitated two hassle-free truck purchases in Udon Thani, both in my name.

ID card: A cute bank teller in Pattaya gave me her mobile number.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yellow book: Fast tracked the initial Thai DL application and facilitated two hassle-free truck purchases in Udon Thani, both in my name.

Ok, that makes the whole process worthwhile, lol

Just now, NanLaew said:

Can anyone confirm the yellow book is still excepted

in pattaya for driving licence application or  renewal.

anyone done this in the last 6 months ?

2 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Can anyone confirm the yellow book is still excepted

in pattaya for driving licence application or  renewal.

anyone done this in the last 6 months ?

Sure is, did it 2 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I initially went to Nongprue office and was directed to Pattaya City Hall.

I live in Jomtiem and went to Nongprue as the address on my blue book says Tambon : Nongprue.

The very helpful guy at Nongprue said "you only come here if your Blue book says Nongprue"

I did consider questioning at the time, but let it go and went to Pattaya.

It's the moo in front of the Nong Prue that determines if you falls within the jurisdiction of Pattaya City

Moo 5 and 6, and 9-13, I believe is the area of Nong Prue that's Pattaya

4 minutes ago, Asiang said:

hello, can you explain the process more.

I own a condo, what do I have to do, just visit the city hall to get a yellow book and id card ?

Thanks a lot.

I don't think you would ever need one unless you're seeking permanent residency.