National police chief finds the TV host’s conduct unacceptable

webfact

National police chief finds the TV host’s conduct unacceptable

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4Fs51FFmo7DTBT9BV9g3jNDL

BANGKOK: -- The national police chief has seen the video clip showing a TV programme host punching a motorcyclist and forcing the latter to “krab rot ku” (kneel down and wei my car) and found the conduct of the former unacceptable, said Pol Maj-Gen Songphol Wattanachai, commander of the 6th division of Metropolitan Police Bureau, on Monday.

He added that the national police chief, Pol Gen Chakthip Chaichinda found the incident which resulted in the punching incident just a minor accident which blew out of proportion because of emotional outburst on the part of the TV host, Akanat Ariyaritvikul.

The police chief, he continued, instructed the police to take actions in accordance with the law because the issue was of public interest.

Pol Maj-Gen Songphol said he shared the police chief’s opinion that the TV programme host’s behavior was unacceptable. “I saw three shots in the clip showing the TV personality assaulting the motorcyclist who didn’t retaliate.

The police deputy spokesman noted that road accidents happen all the time as they are quite natural and it is the responsibility of the police to settle the cases.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/national-police-chief-finds-the-tv-hosts-conduct-unacceptable/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-08

"National police chief finds the TV host’s conduct unacceptable", wow, headline making news, did anyone expect any other comment, even if he believes the hi so dung bag has the right, he wouldn't want to face the public backlash.

And here is a classic example of the police, etc just making things up as they go along with concerns to the law. 

The law here has been broken. So let the law deal with it. If it goes to court (which it should because it's serious) let the judge use his/her discretion and use this scumbag as an example if he or she wishes to do so. 

The chief of police should be making comments like this about the 4 police officers accused of kicking a man to death. But of course the Mini driver is somewhat of a celeb, so he wants to get his share of coverage. 

Funny how filming a celeb assault a fellow citizen is okay to be filmed, but film a bent copper and you could be looking at a defamation case. 

My wife tells me there is an online campaign against him and his family.  His mother apparently owns a decent restaurant in Bangkok and it has been targeted with items thrown and other family interests have been the subject of boycott campaigns on social media.  Thais seem to be disgusted because the young guy he attacked didn't even raise a finger towards him but he kept hitting him

The billion baht man has spoken, and as expected what he has said is absolute tripe :coffee1:  and I have to say I do strongly agree with what others have said about him reserving comments while it seems gross misconduct / criminality of cops under his watch are hitting the headlines on a daily basis, with the inactive post as the sole punishment... What do they say about people in glass houses again????

Apart from any police action that should flow to Ariyaritvikul for his unacceptable thuggery, one has to wonder whether the police are also now on notice given that the broadcaster we can trust has pointed out that:

"...The police deputy spokesman noted that road accidents happen all the time as they are quite natural and it is the responsibility of the police to settle the cases...".

Maybe, we may be left disappointed (yet again) by the police response in both cases?

"The police chief, he continued, instructed the police to take actions in accordance with the law because the issue was of public interest."

How about taking action because he broke the law?

It sounds as though if the incident had not been caught on video there wouldn't be public interest, and therefore no action needed to be taken. Once this blows over, no actions will be taken. After all, you can't make a TV "star" lose face to a commoner. It's just not the Thai thing to do.

Edited by jaltsc

19 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Smart phones are wonderful devices, they are now making idiots like Akanat look stupid.

They are also making the RTP do their job better, something that before smart phones rarely happened.

I agree that smartphones are wonderful devices. I would disagree they are making the RTP do their job better. They maybe seen to actually be doing their job. Better, I will reserve my judgment.

The hubris of this TV personality Thai to give chase and then assault the motorcycle. The Thai motorcycle's hubris is no less byperceiving that he should do a Thai accident "runner." The news states that the motorcyclclist "escaped" implying that the TV guy gave chase.  

He said all this while keeping a straight face?

Some people just don't know when to stay schtum 

Obviously mindless acts of aggression should be left to the experts. If his own men had carried out the beating a broken nose would be the least of the poor guy's problems

The TV presenter has lost his job and rightly so. He could also be sued for his actions. However, I think it is unfortunate his family has to suffer. His actions, his fault, he should pay. This has certainly brought into focus the widening  different worlds of the HISO minority and the LOSO. Smartphones and Social media have caught this arrogant brat out. 

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

My wife tells me there is an online campaign against him and his family.  His mother apparently owns a decent restaurant in Bangkok and it has been targeted with items thrown and other family interests have been the subject of boycott campaigns on social media.  Thais seem to be disgusted because the young guy he attacked didn't even raise a finger towards him but he kept hitting him

I fit is true that things are being thrown at the restaurant, thenthat is just as cowardly an action as ''Not's''.

Boycott all you want but violence is not necessary or justifiable.

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

Do you mean the mum of the now dismissed TV man owns a restaurant or the mum of the motorcycle rider owns a restaurant?