The latest developments in the US elections

webfact

16 hours ago, marcofunny said:

stats of who, voted who.

stats.png

Something is to be said of the majority being 'ruled' my the minority...so much for hope and at least there is finally change.  Just hope this time it works (not holding my breath).

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never in my recollection has any candidate for the office of USA President refused to publicly say he or she will accept the results of the election.

I'm hoping for the best and look forward to the majority of voters having made the right decision  in a field with choices I found limited.

51 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Never in my recollection has any candidate for the office of USA President refused to publicly say he or she will accept the results of the election.

I'm hoping for the best and look forward to the majority of voters having made the right decision  in a field with choices I found limited.

It took the US Supreme Court to get Al Gore, his 1200 lawyers, and his 15,000 usd residential electric bill to confess, err I mean concede.

33 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

It took the US Supreme Court to get Al Gore, his 1200 lawyers, and his 15,000 usd residential electric bill to confess, err I mean concede.

I'll be happy to wait for a link to validate  that claim if you have it.   Or was it actually blown out of your backside?

No problem either way for me.   I just move forward.

I made  statement of recollection which is accurate.   You made a statement of fact which should be variable  but you can't  do it.

Kindly  stop speaking from your back side as it's not your best profile, or maybe it is?smile.gif

Edited by watcharacters

Well, it's on again with the MSNM, they showing their bias, talking about all the old things that President-Elect Trump said prior to being elected.  Telling all how HRC got the popular vote and the way they are broadcasting on CNN, it is as if Mr. Trump should not have won.  The sore losers kiddies, half of whom didn't vote (according to them) are now protesting across America, with the protest being declared a riot in Portland Oregon, owing to property damage, fires being lit, vehicles being extensively damaged and police being attacked.

Apparently there are between 200 and 300 people, which police have described as anarchists and indicated that many are known to them as they turn up to any protest regardless of what it's about and create mayhem.  It was also indicated that Black Lives Matter tried to stop the rioters, however, they took no notice.  No wonder Mr Trump called them professional protesters and has blamed the media for inflaming the situation.  If these clowns get coverage, which is at saturation point, then of course they are going to carry on, and it is the media who is inflaming these activists.  Nothing else.

Now Mr Trump has dismissed the press pool, who normally travel with the president-Elect, and now they are crying fowl.  If I was him I dismiss the whole left wing brigade and see how they carry on then.  They only have themselves to blame given the way they treated him during the preliminaries and since.  Maybe if they treated him a little more equal, then they wouldn't be crying in their soup.  :wai:

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Remember how Thaksin dealt with the press? It's a thing with strong man authoritarian leaders but trump has already done much much worse to the press in his fascist style rallies.

Hillary is a far more a authoritarian person than Trump.  Trump has never had a position where to disagree with him meant jail.  Hillary has had many. 

4 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I'll be happy to wait for a link to validate  that claim if you have it.   Or was it actually blown out of your backside?

No problem either way for me.   I just move forward.

I made  statement of recollection which is accurate.   You made a statement of fact which should be variable  but you can't  do it.

Kindly  stop speaking from your back side as it's not your best profile, or maybe it is?smile.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_v._Gore

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Remember how Thaksin dealt with the press? It's a thing with strong man authoritarian leaders but trump has already done much much worse to the press in his fascist style rallies.

Thaksin held up the yes/no signs and a hand for "stop" I guess. Really, I don't think Trump has all the usual handlers in place yet to administer to the press. And Obama DID tell him just yesterday to ignore them most of the time.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You just cannot help yourself, this is about Trump, not what Thaksin got up to.  When will you realise that the election is over and no matter what you say will, in anyway, effect the result.  How can America come together when people, with similar thoughts, keep on keeping on with the hate rhetoric.  I am not an American, but I am a conservative, where do you fit into the broad picture?  I know given your posts, sorry for the innocuous question.:wai:

6 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

You just cannot help yourself, this is about Trump, not what Thaksin got up to.  When will you realise that the election is over and no matter what you say will, in anyway, effect the result.  How can America come together when people, with similar thoughts, keep on keeping on with the hate rhetoric.  I am not an American, but I am a conservative, where do you fit into the broad picture?  I know given your posts, sorry for the innocuous question.:wai:

You expect me to support trump's destructive policies because he won? That's not how it works. 

This just in ... he's been infected with Ryan speak and hinting he intends to privatize Medicare. Con man! 

If it's not been mentioned here previously there is a change.org petition calling for the electoral college to select the president based on the candidate who received the greatest total number of votes thus disregarding those allocated by the state electoral college votes.

I would put nothing past the Dems, even if such an unprecedented turn of events were to lead to civil war.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

You expect me to support trump's destructive policies because he won? That's not how it works. 

This just in ... he's been infected with Ryan speak and hinting he intends to privatize Medicare. Con man! 

No, I don't expect you  to support anything, that's up to you, but  why can't you give him a go, he may just surprise you.  No one has to agree on policies but people have to start finding common ground again and this has to start with honest questioning from the media.  But then one can see why America will remain divided for a long time when noting many others have the same attitude.  I haven't heard about him hinting on privatisation as you state, do you have you inside knowledge?  It is certainly not being reported this way over the MSNM and believe me if it was the press would be all over him like a pack of wolves over a piece of meat.:wai:

38 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

If it's not been mentioned here previously there is a change.org petition calling for the electoral college to select the president based on the candidate who received the greatest total number of votes thus disregarding those allocated by the state electoral college votes.

I would put nothing past the Dems, even if such an unprecedented turn of events were to lead to civil war.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

You're right, not on here but it was mentioned briefly on CNN this morning.  I cannot believe how in the past this has been accepted but when the sore losers, lose, they whine and cry and want to change everything.  It was a democratic election and President-Elect Trump won fair and square.  This same mob have been crying for unification, won't happen given how the they and other haters keep bringing up everything Mr Trump has said or done in the past, no doubt with the intent to keep inflaming the situation.:wai:

One of the great things about the U.S. is our constitutionally guaranteed free speech gives everyone the right to "whine and cry" as they see fit, including you, if you happen to be an American.

Seeing as how, the Republicans and right-wing zealots have done nothing but "whine and cry" for all the years of Obama's presidency and done everything possible to undermine anything constructive his administration tried to do, it's not all that surprising when the Democrats, stunned by an unexpected loss in the Presidential race, aren't exactly putting on their happy faces right now.

Free speech applies to everyone in the U.S., liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans alike -- at least until President Trump gets around to trying to repeal or amend that section of the Constitution. And so do the rights to seek legislative change and to challenge legislation in the courts, something the Republicans also are no strangers to.

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

One of the great things about the U.S. is our constitutionally guaranteed free speech gives everyone the right to "whine and cry" as they see fit, including you, if you happen to be an American.

Seeing as how, the Republicans and right-wing zealots have done nothing but "whine and cry" for all the years of Obama's presidency and done everything possible to undermine anything constructive his administration tried to do, it's not all that surprising when the Democrats, stunned by an unexpected loss in the Presidential race, aren't exactly putting on their happy faces right now.

Free speech applies to everyone in the U.S., liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans alike -- at least until President Trump gets around to trying to repeal or amend that section of the Constitution. And so do the rights to seek legislative change and to challenge legislation in the courts, something the Republicans also are no strangers to.

Not a Yank and I agree about the whining from the Republicans as well but are you able to remember when the right wing zealots as you put it, last protested and rioted in the streets? And what makes you think That President Trump will repeal or amend the right to free speech in the constitution?  Strange how many of the so called protesters are known to police as professional activists, not all but a large number.  The stunned lot just goes to show how arrogant they were, thought they had it in the bag.  Like counting one's chickens before they hatch.

I think that with the way the Republicans have been obstructionists  together with the Democrats forgetting about middle America, it is why those who voted for Trump are going to give him a chance to see if he can get rid of  some of the deadwood, and hopefully give the government back to the people, not the government being the masters, after all they are public servants, which they seem to have forgotten. :wai:

19 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Not a Yank and I agree about the whining from the Republicans as well but are you able to remember when the right wing zealots as you put it, last protested and rioted in the streets?

I've seen demonstrations the past few days, not riots.

But as far as right-wing demonstrations are concerned, try just about any time any abortion related case comes before the U.S. Supreme Court. They're all out there in the streets.

And on a more local level, the right wingers were out in California trying to blockade immigrant refugee centers and stop the buses from delivering refugees there.

And then there are those who like to go around bombing and shooting up abortion clinics, and even killing abortion doctors--even though abortion is legal in the U.S.  So yes, I'd say there are enough examples on the right winger/zealot side of things.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But as far as right-wing demonstrations are concerned, try just about any time any abortion related case comes before the U.S. Supreme Court. They're all out there in the streets.

And on a more local level, the right wingers were out in California trying to blockade immigrant refugee centers and stop the buses from delivering refugees there.

And then there are those who like to go around bombing and shooting up abortion clinics, and even killing abortion doctors--even though abortion is legal in the U.S.  So yes, I'd say there are enough examples on the right winger/zealot side of things.

Right wing paramilitary or terrorist type cells are not condoned by 99.9% of republicans. 

There are some whacko lone wolves who attacked abortion clinics. 99.9% of conservatives would have reported them to the police if they had any notion of what was being planned. 

Sorry but you can't use examples from California and suggest they are representative of the rest of the country. California and its citizens are a land like no other. 

If you have not seen the rioting of the past few days then you are not watching the right news outlets.

58 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The problem with your post.

Obamacare has been despised by the Republicans from Day One it was first discussed but there were zero street riots when it became law. 

Ofcourse, there is one obvious reason why Republicans don't hold protests--they can't get the time off work. 

These liberals don't appear to work actual jobs. 

Edited by ClutchClark

On November 10, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Jingthing said:

You're seriously exaggerating. In reality only a very small percentage of Americans are subject to those admittedly horribly high premiums. Wealthier people with too much income to qualify for SUBSIDIES that do NOT get insurance from employers (the majority of Americans do). But yes trump played that scare tactic very well ... 

Sorry JT but you are wrong again.

The number of middle class Americans not receiving subsidies on the marketplace ACA number in the millions. Not too mention all of those who are opting to remain uninsured and hoping their healthy lifestyle practices will keep them from needing hospitalization. 

On November 10, 2016 at 4:59 PM, KhonKaenKowboy said:

The subsidies end at about 60K...that's well below the median household incomes of people living near well paying job centers.  Look at school districts....they cover one, but not the whole family.  People like bus aides and food service workers can owe money on payday, if they enroll their families in the plan. 

Actually less than $40,000.

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So you missed Portland Oregon, which also saw someone shot.  The other I'll take your word for it as I have no knowledge of those particular incidents but are you saying that all those incidents are carried out  by the right?  Unusual actions from conservatives but then America is America so nothing surprises. :wai:

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Right wing paramilitary or terrorist type cells are not condoned by 99.9% of republicans. 

There are some whacko lone wolves who attacked abortion clinics. 99.9% of conservatives would have reported them to the police if they had any notion of what was being planned. 

Sorry but you can't use examples from California and suggest they are representative of the rest of the country. California and its citizens are a land like no other. 

If you have not seen the rioting of the past few days then you are not watching the right news outlets.

Re abortion clinic and doctor assaults, I think your 99.9% notion is ridiculous. There are FAR more true believers out there, and I don't recall ANY violent anti-abortion zealot EVER being captured because fellow anti-abortion activists turned in that person.

As for California, that's where the anti-immigrant/refugee blockades occurred. And I most definitely CAN use examples from California because you're right, California isn't like most of the rest of the country, but still large numbers of right wingers turned out there to protest the refugees. I'm sure it would have been worse if the setting had been someplace like Texas.

1 hour ago, Si Thea01 said:

So you missed Portland Oregon, which also saw someone shot.  The other I'll take your word for it as I have no knowledge of those particular incidents but are you saying that all those incidents are carried out  by the right?  Unusual actions from conservatives but then America is America so nothing surprises. :wai:

Violence should not be condoned by any political faction in the U.S., and I always hold that position.

But non-violent civil disobedience and demonstration is part of the U.S. political history and fabric. And that's what I saw when watching scenes of the protests on U.S. broadcast networks in lots of major U.S. cities the other night. Hardly rioting.

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Ofcourse, there is one obvious reason why Republicans don't hold protests--they can't get the time off work.

The ones who bomb abortion clinics and shoot abortion doctors seem to manage their schedules OK.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Violence should not be condoned by any political faction in the U.S., and I always hold that position.

But non-violent civil disobedience and demonstration is part of the U.S. political history and fabric. And that's what I saw when watching scenes of the protests on U.S. broadcast networks in lots of major U.S. cities the other night. Hardly rioting.

Of course. When it bleeds, it leads, but overall this beginning of the RESISTANCE against trump is overwhelmingly non-violent, and hope it stays that way.