New Retirement Extension Requirements by Nong Khai Immigration.

The Head Officer of Nong Khai Immigration is now requesting photos of the expat applicants in front of, in the lounge room, and the bedroom of their residence, as well as a map showing the location. Would it be possible for ThaiVisa to inquire from Immigration Head Office in Bangkok why Nong Khai is the only office in Thailand requesting these additional conditions, Last year they were the only office in Thailand requiring expats to sign their special forms for retirement income to be brought in to Thailand. This requirement was later squashed by Immigration in Bangkok.    

• Like 1

I will be doing my first retirement extension in February @ Sakon Nakhon and will go prepared, e.g. map of where we are, photos of me in front of the house, in the bedroom, in the living room and in the bathroom, so as to be prepared, just in case.

Thanks for the heads up. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

The only way to check if an applicant stays at a specific named address, is to visit him/her at home. However , this is unlikely to happen, as it would involve to much effort and co-ordination. Nong Khai staffing levels would easily cope with carrying out these checks. Once you square away the good guys that leaves time for the bad guys. Additionally, if you are going to add in new requirements, why not make it known to the individuals on your system, you have their e-mail addresses, a single global e-mail and everyone is made aware of the new requirements. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stereolab said:

The only way to check if an applicant stays at a specific named address, is to visit him/her at home. However , this is unlikely to happen, as it would involve to much effort and co-ordination. Nong Khai staffing levels would easily cope with carrying out these checks. Once you square away the good guys that leaves time for the bad guys. Additionally, if you are going to add in new requirements, why not make it known to the individuals on your system, you have their e-mail addresses, a single global e-mail and everyone is made aware of the new requirements. 

Obviously you do not live in the San Sai of Chiang Mai where they have been visiting the homes of retirees in force and giving everyone a document that has to be completed, similar to the new one that Immigration offices are using.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DGS1244 said:

Obviously you do not live in the San Sai of Chiang Mai where they have been visiting the homes of retirees in force and giving everyone a document that has to be completed, similar to the new one that Immigration offices are using.

I live in the San Sai area and no IO has visited my residence 

be patient jeffandgop they will ring your doorbell, all the expats here in this moohbaan at SanSai have had a BIB on a Honda CBR visit them from Mae Sai police station. And there is more; this week at CNX Immigration another new form for foreigners; and guess what its compulsory and copies same questions on the other 2 forms they brought in.

20 hours ago, elviajero said:

The simple answer is because regions/offices have a certain amount of autonomy and can ask for additional supporting requirements as the senior managers see fit.

In other words they are all allowed to make up their own rules, they decide something then us "guests" have to jump to it.

20 hours ago, dentonian said:

Certain offices have always requested a map on renewing extensions.

The photos typically required for marriage extensions is unusual for retirement extensions.

This request may also be withdrawn if enough expats make a complaint. Call 1111 to complain.

Would they? What about face.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I will be doing my first retirement extension in February @ Sakon Nakhon and will go prepared, e.g. map of where we are, photos of me in front of the house, in the bedroom, in the living room and in the bathroom, so as to be prepared, just in case.

Thanks for the heads up. 

Make sure the house address is visible in the picture of the applicants in front of the residence, this was one of the stipulations given my friend that just got his o-a extension at NongKhai.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

My i humbly suggest a  photo of you in the Loo,

best to cover all  angles . 555

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

Make sure the house address is visible in the picture of the applicants in front of the residence, this was one of the stipulations given my friend that just got his o-a extension at NongKhai.

hahah being in a rural location, there is no address, however in the process of getting a yellow book, but have to get the blue book first, things take time in the LOS, although my wife will get around to it one day 555

• Like 1

How do any of these new nonsense requirements prove that we are not the bad guys? Do any other Governments ask you for your bank account numbers, names of the places you normally visit, photos of you in different rooms in your home, car number  etc etc.?

We, the good guys will tend to do everything they ask, possibly under protest, but the bad guys will just circumvent all the regulations, as shown by the number of tourists arrested for overstaying, for years in some cases.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BritTim said:

That is probably the case, but insisting on photos is a strange way of proving someone is a genuine retiree, with the stipulated income, not doing any work in Thailand. Why not have them do 20 press ups or sing the national anthem? It makes equal sense.

If you beleive it's for the reasons you listed then it doesn't make sense. But IMO it's nothing to do with proving someone is a genuine retiree etc, it's to evidence that the person lives where they say they live.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

I would like to give you a tip. Sakon Nakhon is probably the best office around, that doesn't mean you won't get a jerk when you get there but its rep is good.  I'm sure you know the other things you need for the retirement extension already, like two passport photo's etc.  What you do not want to do is show up with your battle face on. Smile and do anything they ask it is no big deal, your wife should be able to help a lot too. If they like you your in like flint from then on. Bring at least two copies of everything you need, if you need some other copies of something you don't have copies of ask them if they can make for you for a couple hundred baht. They did for me. I forget how much it is 1900, 2900, or 3900 baht but I always give them 300 extra when paying. I hope it goes well for you and good luck.  If you have a break for lunch or need copies go straight down that street into town and past big C about two kilos to Apples restaurant on your right, great food and he has a copy machine you can use, they are closed on mondays.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Great minds think alike, was also thinking of taking one with the Mrs spread eagle on the dining table with me serving it to her, and looking at the camera with a smile

Forever the  optimist ,  5555

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laislica said:

Ha ha, you beat me to it!

Can I make all the inside house pics of me Naked?

That horrible sight should put them off forever!

Ha ha ,  tell me  about it ,

first hoops and loops ,  and  now intimate photos .

Amazing  Thailand , i love it .555

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

If you beleive it's for the reasons you listed then it doesn't make sense. But IMO it's nothing to do with proving someone is a genuine retiree etc, it's to evidence that the person lives where they say they live.

OK, I made the wrong assumption when I responded to your "...  under orders to tighten up on retirement extensions due to the vast number of fraudulent application"  I failed to appreciate that the real fraud was putting the wrong address in the application. Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding.

• Like 1

On 09/11/2016 at 9:29 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

Good boy. You'll go far.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dentonian said:

It wouldn't take much to take a photo outside a house with a number matching the number you gave, or take photos of other rooms that could have been taken in any house.

It wouldn't take much to take a photo outside ANY house, since its number could easily be matched to the number you gave with some photoshopping!

Map always included by me, after looking at it, NK gives it back.

Photographs taken a couple of years ago by themselves, if they ask new ones i provide them

What's the worry?

NongKhai is strict but always (10+ years)fair to us!

11 hours ago, possum1931 said:

In other words they are all allowed to make up their own rules, they decide something then us "guests" have to jump to it.

Your misconception is in the fact you think your a 'guest'.

Nobody invited you.

Your an alien to Thailand, their Country, their rules.

Put up, shut up, or >>>>>>