New Retirement Extension Requirements by Nong Khai Immigration.

5 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Your misconception is in the fact you think your a 'guest'.

Nobody invited you.

Your an alien to Thailand, their Country, their rules.

Put up, shut up, or >>>>>>

Where the reals are consistent and clearly documented, I have no problem with this attitude. I do, though, think people have a legitimate gripe when individual offices and officials make up their own rules as they go along, sometimes causing a considerable degree of inconvenience. Thailand ought to aspire to the standards of places like Singapore or Hong Kong, not those of some African banana republic.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Where the reals are consistent and clearly documented, I have no problem with this attitude. I do, though, think people have a legitimate gripe when individual offices and officials make up their own rules as they go along, sometimes causing a considerable degree of inconvenience. Thailand ought to aspire to the standards of places like Singapore or Hong Kong, not those of some African banana republic.

Perhaps then, some expats should stop behaving like African bananas.

In all the years I've visited and lived in Thailand, I've never had an issue or problem with an Immigration office, or IO.

On the other hand I have witnessed expats going unprepared, and under dressed, then blame Immigration for the inconvenience they now suffer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1337markus said:

be patient jeffandgop they will ring your doorbell, all the expats here in this moohbaan at SanSai have had a BIB on a Honda CBR visit them from Mae Sai police station. And there is more; this week at CNX Immigration another new form for foreigners; and guess what its compulsory and copies same questions on the other 2 forms they brought in.

Anyone have a copy of the "new form"?

2 hours ago, dentonian said:

Your misconception is in the fact you think your a 'guest'.

Nobody invited you.

Your an alien to Thailand, their Country, their rules.

Put up, shut up, or >>>>>>

I was only being sarcastic, we are not "guests" in this country, some of us are treated like criminals, with this ridiculous 90 day reporting, I do not blame you for your put up or shut up, maybe English is not your first language, nothing wrong with that. Friends OK.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Grubster said:

I would like to give you a tip. Sakon Nakhon is probably the best office around, that doesn't mean you won't get a jerk when you get there but its rep is good.  I'm sure you know the other things you need for the retirement extension already, like two passport photo's etc.  What you do not want to do is show up with your battle face on. Smile and do anything they ask it is no big deal, your wife should be able to help a lot too. If they like you your in like flint from then on. Bring at least two copies of everything you need, if you need some other copies of something you don't have copies of ask them if they can make for you for a couple hundred baht. They did for me. I forget how much it is 1900, 2900, or 3900 baht but I always give them 300 extra when paying. I hope it goes well for you and good luck.  If you have a break for lunch or need copies go straight down that street into town and past big C about two kilos to Apples restaurant on your right, great food and he has a copy machine you can use, they are closed on mondays.

Thanks for the detailed information, yes my personal assistant (wife) will take care of it all, as she did last time, they actually asked her for some spare coin, you see went to apply for a spouse visa and they said, too much effort and trouble for you today, with the paperwork you have we can do a retirement visa for you today, and next time you apply for the spouse visa as you will need more paperwork (recent rule changes), whether he was fair dinkum or not we decided to play his game as we would get the same thing, e.g. one year with 90 reporting, and gave him 250 baht, because he said: but don't forget me sister, I save you a lot of trouble, if you can look after me with something small and smiled, we agreed, otherwise we would have had to go back and hour and a half, get more paperwork and come back another day, each 90 day report has been in and out in 5 minutes, although they appear to have changed staff of late because I got a grumpy lady last time, but I always put on my smiley face, still was in and out in 5.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks for the detailed information, yes my personal assistant (wife) will take care of it all, as she did last time, they actually asked her for some spare coin, you see went to apply for a spouse visa and they said, too much effort and trouble for you today, with the paperwork you have we can do a retirement visa for you today, and next time you apply for the spouse visa as you will need more paperwork (recent rule changes), whether he was fair dinkum or not we decided to play his game as we would get the same thing, e.g. one year with 90 reporting, and gave him 250 baht, because he said: but don't forget me sister, I save you a lot of trouble, if you can look after me with something small and smiled, we agreed, otherwise we would have had to go back and hour and a half, get more paperwork and come back another day, each 90 day report has been in and out in 5 minutes, although they appear to have changed staff of late because I got a grumpy lady last time, but I always put on my smiley face, still was in and out in 5.

Yes keep them on your good side in Sakon and we will only read about the nightmares at many immigration offices.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Confuscious said:

"The Head Officer of Nong Khai Immigration is now requesting photos of the expat applicants in front of, in the lounge room, and the bedroom of their residence"

Do the pictures in the bedroom need to be in "Missionary Position" or can we chose a position at free will?

พิษดาร.mp4

So he no longer wants to see any photos taken outside the property then? In that case photos taken in front of any old bedroom and lounge in any old house would do just fine!

Edited by OJAS

17 hours ago, BritTim said:

A Government office should not be able to make up its' own local rules. The key word here being 'Government". No autonomy should be granted to an individual office. I spent many years in military administration, and the key factor in  making administration smooth is global standards, an office in Scotland had the same exact rule book as an office in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We had annual inspections to check on these standards. No Unit within the U.K. Could declare unilaterally that they had added a new hoop for our customers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stereolab said:

A Government office should not be able to make up its' own local rules. The key word here being 'Government". No autonomy should be granted to an individual office. I spent many years in military administration, and the key factor in  making administration smooth is global standards, an office in Scotland had the same exact rule book as an office in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We had annual inspections to check on these standards. No Unit within the U.K. Could declare unilaterally that they had added a new hoop for our customers. 

All very well wanting the same standards applied across the board here. Remember though that in that scenario, 75% or possibly more of expats here could be given 7 days notice to leave the country.

Sometimes it's better just to comply.

21 hours ago, Ronuk said:

All very well wanting the same standards applied across the board here. Remember though that in that scenario, 75% or possibly more of expats here could be given 7 days notice to leave the country.

Sometimes it's better just to comply.

You have to comply, that is the point I am trying to make. Even within the office at Nong Khai there are differing views on the requirements. 'Face' (The loss of), means that  little will change , unfortunately.